N'Zogbia: Lyon interested according to agent

TêteDeMaure

Aye, where is the Milner money?

And the TV money as well?

Don't forget the season ticket money.

the club runs on nothing,all the monies brought in are purely for transfers and nothing else.

:rolleyes:

Well,  all the TV money, ticket sales and transfer fees gained from flogged players should at least allow us to have a higher net spend then 12 million??? Should it not.

And what has happened to the Milner dosh?

a) i wouldn't know

b)probably in the club accounts with the other monies to be used for whatever,maybe jan transfers,maybe wages,maybe other general running costs,maybe even just sitting there so it makes the figures look good for the accountants supposedly going through the due dilligence. i very much doubt the monies are sectioned off in the way you appear to think.

The 22-year-old Frenchman added: “This is all out of my hands, and if Newcastle want to sell me then there is nothing I can do about that.

“But don’t forget I have been at Newcastle for over four years now and I consider this my home.

“And I now have a big French pal in Sebastien Bassong, who is doing great for us the moment.

“My immediate aim is to get into the team alongside him – starting at Middlesbrough on Saturday.

The bit about his friendship with Bassong strikes true for me. I think if he was playing regularly, or at least getting the odd start now and then Zog would be very content here. If he's not being used then of course he's going to look for a move, I doubt it would be different for anyone else. If Michael Owen sits on the bench two games in a row stories of unrest start to appear, I'm not sure it's fair to single out Zog as being stroppy for this.

The 22-year-old Frenchman added: This is all out of my hands, and if Newcastle want to sell me then there is nothing I can do about that.

But dont forget I have been at Newcastle for over four years now and I consider this my home.

And I now have a big French pal in Sebastien Bassong, who is doing great for us the moment.

My immediate aim is to get into the team alongside him starting at Middlesbrough on Saturday.

The bit about his friendship with Bassong strikes true for me. I think if he was playing regularly, or at least getting the odd start now and then Zog would be very content here. If he's not being used then of course he's going to look for a move, I doubt it would be different for anyone else. If Michael Owen sits on the bench two games in a row stories of unrest start to appear, I'm not sure it's fair to single out Zog as being stroppy for this.

It sounds like it's taken him 4 years to make a friend. This explains his sulky expression.

Boumsong? Amady Faye? Geremi? Tim Krul?

Short memory or just a bad joke? :laugh:

I meant it as a joke, but... now you remind me, the issue of Zoggy and friendship does seem to arise more often than with other players. He certainly looks a bit like Billy No-Mates out there on the pitch.

And on the issue of whether Ronaldo really produces against the top teams (argument from earlier in the thread), I was interested to see the following from Gabriele Marcotti today -

My colleague Oliver Kay cogently outlined why Cristiano Ronaldo deserves the Ballon d'Or. Among the counter-arguments that he sifts through is the charge that Ronaldo's a flat-track bully. So I checked. Since the summer of 2005 - when, I think we can all agree, he kicked it up a notch - he has faced Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal 21 times in all competitions, scoring four goals. Hardly a sterling return. And, actually, United performed marginally better against the rest of the "big four" WITHOUT Ronaldo than WITH him in that period. What does it prove? Not much, they're only numbers. Use them any way you like.

Guest Heneage

Boumsong? Amady Faye? Geremi? Tim Krul?

Short memory or just a bad joke? :laugh:

I meant it as a joke, but... now you remind me, the issue of Zoggy and friendship does seem to arise more often than with other players. He certainly looks a bit like Billy No-Mates out there on the pitch.

And on the issue of whether Ronaldo really produces against the top teams (argument from earlier in the thread), I was interested to see the following from Gabriele Marcotti today -

My colleague Oliver Kay cogently outlined why Cristiano Ronaldo deserves the Ballon d'Or. Among the counter-arguments that he sifts through is the charge that Ronaldo's a flat-track bully. So I checked. Since the summer of 2005 - when, I think we can all agree, he kicked it up a notch - he has faced Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal 21 times in all competitions, scoring four goals. Hardly a sterling return. And, actually, United performed marginally better against the rest of the "big four" WITHOUT Ronaldo than WITH him in that period. What does it prove? Not much, they're only numbers. Use them any way you like.

Billy no mates? He's good friends with Geremi Bassong and helped Baheng settle in and learn the language.

With Duff out for another week, the game against Stoke is probably his last chance to make a big impact on the left wing. Although he was probably no better or worse than anyone else against boro, unless he can provide a genuine threat consistently I can see JFK going with the safer option of Duff as soon as he is fit.

Guest The Wise Guy

Im not sure if we have the luxury to sell our players when the transfer window opens once again in January because our squad is already small and adding to the misery is the fact that we have a lot of our key players out through injuries. However, if we do have to sell to raise some money, then I wouldnt mind selling Zoggy. Duff and Jonas should be able to cover up the left side of the midfield if Zoggy is gone. We got Geremi who can play in the right side. So selling Zoggy shouldnt be much of a problem.

With Duff out for another week, the game against Stoke is probably his last chance to make a big impact on the left wing. Although he was probably no better or worse than anyone else against boro, unless he can provide a genuine threat consistently I can see JFK going with the safer option of Duff as soon as he is fit.

yep, spot on - the whole season to date for duff to produce sweet fuck all (jonas too for that matter), coupla games for charlie to inspire us up the table or he's oot

we're a fucking shambles if the lad leaves, sorry bigger shambles, but the kinnear said he isn't so that'll all end well eh?

yep, spot on - the whole season to date for duff to produce sweet fuck all (jonas too for that matter), coupla games for charlie to inspire us up the table or he's oot

we're a fucking shambles if the lad leaves, sorry bigger shambles, but the kinnear said he isn't so that'll all end well eh?

I think the big test will come if Zog has a good game. If he does, he can do stuff Duff couldn't dream of. If he has a quiet game, then it'll be more tempting for Kinnear to sell when he's got safe, reliable options like Duff and Jonas for the left. We really need Zog to have a blinder against Stoke.

I think the big test will come if Zog has a good game. If he does, he can do stuff Duff couldn't dream of. If he has a quiet game, then it'll be more tempting for Kinnear to sell when he's got safe, reliable options like Duff and Jonas for the left. We really need Zog to have a blinder against Stoke.

my point exactly, duff has had how many games this season?  anyone remember a good one?

me either

some PL stats:

Damien Duff 12 app, 1 goal, 0 assists

Jonas Gutierrez    9 app (1 as sub), 0 goals, 1 assist

Zog  8 app (3 as sub), 0 goals, 2 assists

hardly an advert for any of them actually, but charlie deserves a run if nothing else

I personally think selecting Duff was the right thing in the position we've been in, in that he's helped to make us more solid. However, long-term it's N'Zogbia all the way for me.

wrong and i'm sure you'll agree................it's jonas all the way and get someone for the right.

• 3 weeks later...

Still wants to go apparently

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4686781,00.html

Charles N'Zogbia has confirmed his intention to leave Newcastle United.

N'Zogbia's future at St James' Park has been the subject of conjecture amid reports that he has grown frustrated with his inconsistent chances in the first team.

The likes of Arsenal and Paris St Germain have been mooted as interested parties in the winger, while skysports.com understands Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is an admirer of his talent.

N'Zogbia is keen for a new challenge away from Tyneside and is hopeful of sealing an exit in the near future.

He told L'Equipe: "After four years at Newcastle, I want to reach a higher level of ambition. I don't think that is possible here.

"I have given my all to the club, and I will go on to do so as long as I play. But I would like to reach a new level by finding a new challenge at a new side."

Reports emanating from France suggest PSG could agree a swap deal for N'Zogbia with Mamadou Sakho heading in the opposite direction.

Guest shearer_206

Was just reading that article myelf. I was suprised as he is supposed to be really happy now with Bassong there. But if he doesn't want to play he can fuck off, at least we will get decent money for him as he has a long contract.

Had to laught at his quote "I have given my all to the club" .... Like fuck, five good games a season doesn't suggest that, neither does his attitude which has been called into question on a few occations.

Zog doesn't like half the team, for whatever reason. It's quite clear after he scores he has no interest in celebrating the goal with certain players. I don't know if there's cliques in the dressing room or if it's just Zoggy. The latter I suspect.

Without access to the paper version I tried online

http://www.lequipe.fr/sdx/lqr/search?p=&fr=cb-lequipe&q=N%27zogbia&sports=football&type=&sd=1&sm=12&sy=2008&ed=23&em=12&ey=2008&target=on

Only article on N'zogbia they have for the last 23 days, and it's from the 19th, saying he shouldn't switch clubs. 

edit: fuck me, there it is.  Slow this morning :\

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2008/20081223_075908_nzogbia-veut-quitter-newcastle.html

Guest shearer_206

http://www.lequipe.fr/sdx/lqr/search?p=&fr=cb-lequipe&q=N%27zogbia&sports=football&type=&sd=1&sm=12&sy=2008&ed=23&em=12&ey=2008&target=on

Only article on N'zogbia they have for the last 23 days, and it's from the 19th, saying he shouldn't switch clubs. 

Until it's confirmed as being in the paper version I'd treat it as rehashed/misused quotes or completely fabricated.

It's like Lauren Robert all over again!

Newcastle utility player Charles N'Zogbia is set to stay at the club, despite being linked with a January move to Paris St Germain. (The Sun)

A fkn utility player, stupid twats, its like a fkn Sunday today for all the shite in the papers..

Until it's confirmed as being in the paper version I'd treat it as rehashed/misused quotes or completely fabricated.

It's like Lauren Robert all over again!

I wish he was in the same league as Robert.