N'Zogbia: Lyon interested according to agent

TêteDeMaure

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03012009/58/transfers-transfer-talk-n-zogbia-arsenal.html

After Shay Given's public criticism of Newcastle United, French winger Charles N'Zogbia is the latest player to demand an exit from St James' Park.

These are troubled times on Tyneside.

Faithful servant Given expressed his will to leave via his lawyer after Newcastle were thrashed 5-1 at home by Liverpool despite the Ireland keeper making a string of brilliant saves.

N'Zogbia is the owner of the biggest backside in the Premier League and now he wants to join them, it seems.

"I ask myself questions about my future," N'Zogbia told Le 10 Sport in his native France.

"At Newcastle for three years we have been playing at the bottom of the league.

"I want to win titles, and I have set myself high objectives, like being in the French team.

"I told Newcastle I will do anything to leave this winter. If the club receives a nice offer, they will try to transfer me.

"Arsenal is the club that makes me dream the most in the Premier League."

A couple of seasons ago, the jury was out as to whether Kolo Toure or John Terry was the best defender in the Premier League.

Terry was the better leader and communicator, a rough, old-school, no-nonsense centre-half, second to none in the air and with impeccable positioning.

Toure was the modern, all-action footballer, quicker and more agile and with a versatility that suggested he could mix it in central midfield if needed.

Both have seen their stock fall somewhat. Terry through a succession of injuries, an international decline under Steve McClaren and that miss in Moscow; Toure purely, it seems, because Arsenal have become a bit poo.

It would be unfair to blame Toure for the Gunners' travails because he has been on the sidelines for much of it - and also because it is the fault of William Gallas.

The Ivorian is now tipped to make an £8 million switch to Manchester City after Mark Hughes realised that Richard Dunne is a bit slow, Micah Richards is wildly over-rated and Tal Ben Haim is just rubbish.

The Israel defender could be set for a surprise return to Bolton Wanderers.

Ben Haim's abortive spell at Chelsea is set to be followed by an even shorter stay at Eastlands, although Tottenham, Blackburn and Sunderland are also keen. Wages of £45,000 per week could prove a sticking point.

Another potential step down could see Ben Sahar being farmed out to Dutch strugglers De Graafschap.

The young Israeli striker was tipped as the next big thing by Chelsea, but his recent loan spell at Portsmouth generated little first-team action and the Eredivisie side have announced that he will be joining them until the end of the season.

Despite having a seemingly endless supply of midfielders, a shortage of striker back-up and Titus Bramble at centre-half, Wigan are being tipped for a move to bring Reading winger Stephen Hunt back to the Premier League.

Latics boss Steve Bruce may be on to something though - Juande Ramos's obsession with English-based wingers has seen Real Madrid linked with a move for Antonio Valencia.

Spurs' ongoing courtship of Stewart Downing has allegedly seen Harry Redknapp become the latest boss at the Lane to covet the Middlesbrough and England winger.

Redknapp is understood to have pitched a credit-crunch busting £12m for Downing, although Boro want closer to £15m.

Manchester City are set for their expected January spending spree, but Mark Hughes's more pragmatic approach means that instead of Kaka and Gianluigi Buffon, they are being linked with Scott Parker and Shay Given as well as Roque Santa Cruz and Craig Bellamy.

Newcastle may be a club in perpetual crisis, but boss Joe Kinnear claims he has money to spend and is being tipped for a move for Rangers skipper Barry Ferguson.

Reda Maher / Eurosport

WTF? surely not true!  :lol:

I have the same attitude towards every player who wants to leave, whether it's Shay Given, N'Zogbia or Michael "Captain Courageous" Owen.

Please fuck off and don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. But no one should be allowed to leave for less than they are worth so if Arsenal want Zog then either cough up big money or kindly fuck off.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He really put himself in the shop window today.

If someone is monitoring him for consistency, he be our player until his contract is up!

Unsettled Charles N'Zogbia has confirmed he is still hoping to leave Newcastle in the transfer window after labelling The Magpies' season a 'disaster'.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4743398,00.html

Like many other modern day whingers, such as David Bentley, he refuses to take any responsibilty for his own performances and lack of moral fibre.

Hopefully we will get a decent amount for him and he can disappear up his own arse like those other French left sided players Olivier Bernard and Didier Domi who also thought they were too good to play for us.

Unsettled Charles N'Zogbia has confirmed he is still hoping to leave Newcastle in the transfer window after labelling The Magpies' season a 'disaster'.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4743398,00.html

Like many other modern day whingers, such as David Bentley, he refuses to take any responsibilty for his own performances and lack of moral fibre.

Hopefully we will get a decent amount for him and he can disappear up his own arse like those other French left sides players Olivier Bernard and Didier Domi who also thought they were too good to play for us.

Luckily he signed a new contract last season so like Milner we should get decent money for him, otherwise he goes nowhere. Totally in our hands not his or whichever poxy club is trying to poach him.

Can't blame him for wanting to go this time, it's not like there's much light at the end of the tunnel visible.

I doubt he'd have his head up to see it if it was there.

:pow:

Guest Chubby Jason

I've said it before and I'll say it again; he can fuck off. He's come out countless times now saying he wants to leave, I'm sure he'd be long gone if any decent club actually wanted him.

Guest nufc_geordie

Let him go as well as any others that want out. I'm at the point now where i've had enough. Ship them all out including the oaf we call a manager. Replace them with players who want to play here. I would almost (but not quite) accept a relegation if we could gaurantee coming back up straight away next year.

I fully expect to get relegated this year so I would clear out now and start building now although I know many disagree.

Let him go as well as any others that want out. I'm at the point now where i've had enough. Ship them all out including the oaf we call a manager. Replace them with players who want to play here. I would almost (but not quite) accept a relegation if we could gaurantee coming back up straight away next year.

I fully expect to get relegated this year so I would clear out now and start building now although I know many disagree.

every player will want to play here if we are their best option.

how many players in the entire world would pick over man utd,arsenal or chelsea ?