N'Zogbia: Lyon interested according to agent

TêteDeMaure

I want him out, and as much as I don't agree with his attitude... I can sympathise with him. He overrates himself but he can do better than us (by that I mean better clubs would take him, I'm not saying he's good enough). We're on to the 6th manager now since he joined and he is only 22 - and let's be honest, with any luck manager number 7 won't be far away.

If we could have stuck to one manager in his time here for a decent length then he'd probably be happy enough to stay. So again one has to attribute a lot of the blame on Shepherd and Ashley, as well as the respective managers who all had faults that led to their departure (even if they weren't so much a lack of managerial ability as they were an inability to work in harmony with the men in control of the club). We are a mess at the end of the day, and players have so much power that it is no surprise that some of them want out of the club.

Can't blame him, the club is a joke and in the biggest mess it has ever been in in its Prem history. Anyone but a Newcastle fan would want out of this embarrassment...even some of the adopted ones have had enough.

Zog must look at Given and think, should i waste my career and time here like he has and win nothing, or do i go to a club with stability, a chance of winning medals and some pride?

Only those who have no career left or care about the money will come or stay here, plus the toon lads. Terrible times.

Hmm. If he goes to Lyon and someone better comes through their academy or an injury means he loses his place, he may get sold on to a mid-table french club in 2-3 years, in which case, leaving could be the biggest mistake of his life. Going to Lyon doesnt guarantee success at Lyon and if it doesnt work out, then he's in the Poundland shop window instead of Fenwicks.

I want him to go for 8+m and let us get someone better in for central midfield. We'd miss him but he's replaceable.

Is there nobody from Lyon we could pinch as part of any deal?

That's if it even happens.

Benzema

Knowing our fans somebody will probably say he's not good enough :lol:

Boumsong to shore up the defence perhaps......?

Disclaimer- This is a joke.

Is there nobody from Lyon we could pinch as part of any deal?

That's if it even happens.

Yes, their entire starting XI. Any of them would do me fine but realistically we are going to get none of them wanting to come to us, they will probably give us another Cacapa, they have a guy called Boumsong  :frantic:

But seriously, the best we could hope for would be Clerc, Piquionne (linked with him a few years ago) or Govou. Bodmer would be at a push.

He really isn't good enough to be whining as much as he is.

As I've said before, under most other circumstances I'd happily see him fuck off, but unfortunately we need him until the end of the season.

Wot, no transfer request?

I have zero sympathy for the cunt.  If you want to go, then say you want to go properly, none of this 'come and get me so I don't get stiffed through handing in a transfer request' bollocks.

Unless he and his agent are lying, then the fact other clubs are talking to him means we have given him permission to look for another club, so why would he need to hand in a transfer request?

No player should be kept if his heart isn't in it, and that goes for Owen, Given and Zog. Every player has his price and as long as it is met he can go. He isn't rated that highly by the management here so of course he is going to think about leaving, don't know why people are so pissed off about it.

I want him out, and as much as I don't agree with his attitude... I can sympathise with him. He overrates himself but he can do better than us (by that I mean better clubs would take him, I'm not saying he's good enough). We're on to the 6th manager now since he joined and he is only 22 - and let's be honest, with any luck manager number 7 won't be far away.

If we could have stuck to one manager in his time here for a decent length then he'd probably be happy enough to stay. So again one has to attribute a lot of the blame on Shepherd and Ashley, as well as the respective managers who all had faults that led to their departure (even if they weren't so much a lack of managerial ability as they were an inability to work in harmony with the men in control of the club). We are a mess at the end of the day, and players have so much power that it is no surprise that some of them want out of the club.

This

I have zero sympathy for the cunt.  If you want to go, then say you want to go properly, none of this 'come and get me so I don't get stiffed through handing in a transfer request' bollocks.

Unless he and his agent are lying, then the fact other clubs are talking to him means we have given him permission to look for another club, so why would he need to hand in a transfer request?

Rubbish.  Things haven't worked like that for the last 10 years.  If ever.

at first i was hoping there'd be a good reception for the lad at west ham. now im hoping he comes near my seat tomorrow so i can hoy a turnip at the little swine

Class  ;D

Then I guess we can look forward to the club reporting N'Zogbia's agent, Villa, Spurs and Lyon to the PL/UEFA, as it's a clear case of tapping up and we have the evidence in the form of direct quotes in print.

Then I guess we can look forward to the club reporting N'Zogbia's agent, Villa, Spurs and Lyon to the PL/UEFA, as it's a clear case of tapping up and we have the evidence in the form of direct quotes in print.

You seem to be making something out of nothing tbh.

Clubs ask agents about their players all the time, look at the comments from Geremi's agent yesterday.

“I’ve had phone calls from Turkey and that’s as far as it’s gone,” Silkman told setanta.com.

“I’ve had several calls, but as of yet nothing has been followed up. At this moment it’s a bit of a moot point because there’s no offer as such.

“All we’ve had is ‘would he be interested?’ or ‘what’s his salary?’ and ‘what would be his transfer fee?’

Clubs ask agents about their players all the time, look at the comments from Geremi's agent yesterday.

“I’ve had phone calls from Turkey and that’s as far as it’s gone,” Silkman told setanta.com.

“I’ve had several calls, but as of yet nothing has been followed up. At this moment it’s a bit of a moot point because there’s no offer as such.

“All we’ve had is ‘would he be interested?’ or ‘what’s his salary?’ and ‘what would be his transfer fee?’

Obviously this thing probably goes on regardless of the club giving permission, but it's tapping up unless the club has given permission first. End of. No agent with an ounce of intelligence would blatantly admit it to the press unless they were on safe ground and the club had given it's permission. Obviously Geremi has been told he can look for a new club too.

People are slagging off N'Zogbia for looking for a transfer, and elbee was saying he should put in a transfer request. I'm just pointing out that unless his agent is completely stupid and is happy to openly flaunt the laws of the of the game, he has already been given permission to look for a new club.

I have zero sympathy for the c***.  If you want to go, then say you want to go properly, none of this 'come and get me so I don't get stiffed through handing in a transfer request' bollocks.

Obviously this thing probably goes on regardless of the club giving permission, but it's tapping up unless the club has given permission first. End of. No agent with an ounce of intelligence would blatantly admit it to the press unless they were on safe ground and the club had given it's permission. Obviously Geremi has been told he can look for a new club too.

People are slagging off N'Zogbia for looking for a transfer, and elbee was saying he should put in a transfer request. I'm just pointing out that unless his agent is completely stupid and is happy to openly flaunt the laws of the of the game, he has already been given permission to look for a new club.

Your argument goes out the window when N'zogbia says along the lines of 'its upto newcastle, have a contract'.

Ive had phone calls from Turkey and thats as far as its gone, Silkman told setanta.com.

Ive had several calls, but as of yet nothing has been followed up. At this moment its a bit of a moot point because theres no offer as such.

All weve had is would he be interested? or whats his salary? and what would be his transfer fee?

Absolutely correct. It's easy to make N'Zogbia the villain here, but he's never really been rated that highly at Newcastle, which is why he isn't in the first team unless there are injuries. I would imagine if we get a decent price we will sell without question.

I have zero sympathy for the c***.  If you want to go, then say you want to go properly, none of this 'come and get me so I don't get stiffed through handing in a transfer request' bollocks.

on the other hand...think christiano ronaldo and real madrid or man utd with numerous players. the agent and the tapping up club just say "prove it"

Most accept it as part of the game so don't go crying to the FA every time someone makes an enquiry to the agent of a player, in fact I can't remember the last time (if ever) a club was reported for contacting an agent to find out the availability of one of their players.

Elbee is right btw, if N'Zogbia or Given want to go then let them put in a transfer request first.

on the other hand...think christiano ronaldo and real madrid or man utd with numerous players. the agent and the tapping up club just say "prove it"

If Ronaldo's agent had been quoted in the press saying Real had been ringing him up, then that would be pretty decent proof.