N'Zogbia: Lyon interested according to agent

TêteDeMaure

Would be a good thing for N'Zogbia I'd reckon.

Don't be so sure about that, its more of a move from our bench to their bench.

We need players who can beat a man, and he's one of only a handful in our squad who are capable of that.

For that alone, I don't want him to leave. We're desperately short of flair, creativity and pace as it is without making the situation worse - irrespective of his consistency or end product.

we dont need players who can beat 3 men but then keep the ball till they run it out or give it away.

n'zogbia has loads of talent.....i'm not convinced he'll ever fulfill it.

I'm not convinced that we'll sign anyone remotely comparable in January.

Would be a good thing for N'Zogbia I'd reckon.

Don't be so sure about that, its more of a move from our bench to their bench.

We need players who can beat a man, and he's one of only a handful in our squad who are capable of that.

For that alone, I don't want him to leave. We're desperately short of flair, creativity and pace as it is without making the situation worse - irrespective of his consistency or end product.

we dont need players who can beat 3 men but then keep the ball till they run it out or give it away.

n'zogbia has loads of talent.....i'm not convinced he'll ever fulfill it.

I'm not convinced that we'll sign anyone remotely comparable in January.

i'm not gonna deny that

I wouldn't hold it against Zoggy if he decided he wanted to move on. This club is going nowhere fast as it stands, we've heard that he's unsettled before and we're not aiding his international prospects at the moment either.

However if (and it's a big if) we managed to sort this situation out sooner rather than later then I'd want him to stay and see what he can do under the new manager. If things were somewhat stable and we had management that looked like they were here for the long term and he still wasn't getting in then I reckon we should just cut our losses.

Don't think PSG could match our askingprice.

what is the asking price? Stephane Sessegnon cost PSG 6m last season and they pay high wages to Ludovic Giuly who signed from Roma. IIRC they`re backed by some big companies, Canal+ I think

Speaking of PSG, they signed a canny striker in Guillaume Hoarau.....6`4,  14 stone....reminds me of John Carew. He`ll be worth watching out for in the future

At one point I would have been distraught at the possibility of him going, but I'm not sure I'm bothered any more.

I'm convinced he's got tons of talent, but he hasn't shown it for yonks now.

The last thing we need to be doing with our shite/paperthin squad is selling more players. The standard of our bench has been a joke so far this season, only Sats match have we had people to bring on who might change the game.

I'd agree that we need to replace him quickly if he's going to go, but I wouldn't be sorry if that happens. He hasn't progressed as we'd have all liked to see, and I don't think that's anything to do with managers mis-using him. It doesn't look to me like he's worked hard enough on the weaker parts of his game.

Obviously replacing him would be my worry, agree we don't need to be letting players go in this situation.

Having said that, it might be completely different if/when we're taken over. Here's hoping.

It's worth mentioning that January's still some way off. If Duff has many more abject performances like Saturday, his place should be under threat. If Zog gets back in the team and performs who knows?

Guest Stephen927

I'd be loathe to sell anybody in January, with our squad being as small as it is. Maybe offload the likes of Smith if there is a buyer, but again we would need to bring in replacements.

I'd rather focus on expanding the current squad in January if we do have new owners rather than replacing as well as expanding.

If the club remains in Ashleys hands come January Joe will likely be told the only money he can spend will be money he can raise from sales.

So he can build for the championship next season im sure.

Guest Heneage

Joke if he goes, had 2 good seasons and should have been in the nominations for young player ahead of Doyle and Lennon. Had injuries and his Dad died, and never been given a good run of games on the wing since, has never touted a move away like some more established players, and I'd be gutted to see a player we raised leave, if he'd have had Duff's chances fair do but Duff should be out well before N'Zogbia. He's like 22? Come on be sensible.

Guest Stephen927

I wonder what he's like in training. No one seems to fancy playing him unless it's as an emergency left back, whereas Duff seems to get his run of games on the wing in his favoured position.

same old debate..

I like N'Zogbia and we all know there's plenty of others that should walk before him, but it seems that it's never gonna work with him here.. he's been through like 10 managers in four years, so I think he won't even think twice if there's a concrete interest from France..

just hope we get decent money and an adequate replacement

Only reason this would piss me off is because we have so few players and I wouldn't be convinced we'd get a replacement in in time.