Newcastle United's Next Match is Aston Villa @ SJP on Mon 3rd Nov KO@20:00 StS1

Skirge

Howay then, this is a tough tough game, even if we had beat West Brom 5 - 0, Villa are playing really well, we will be lucky to get a point.

------------Given

Beye---Tayl-----Colo----Bass

Jona---Guth-----Bart----Duff

--------Oba------Owen

All about showing continued improvement in performance for me.

If Villa turn up then they will win, going forward they have a lot of potency.

If we turn up and match their workrate then I think we can be happy and go into the next couple of games with confidence, if Villa have an off day then we can make hay.

Its not the frame of mind I would like to have, but thats just where we are at the moment

Guest Stephen927

3 points would be absolutely fantastic. I'd be more than happy with a point given their team and the amount of problems they can cause us with Carew in the air and Agbonlahors pace on the deck. Can't see us getting a clean sheet for love nor money.

Hopefully we get stuck in and give it a good go and pick up an unexpected win.

I would have thought we would be up for this one, but it's never easy telling if some of these players will turn up on the day. We need to go in with an attitude that it's a home game and the aim is to turn them over, not worry about what they will do to us.

Howay then, this is a tough tough game, even if we had beat West Brom 5 - 0, Villa are playing really well, we will be lucky to get a point.

------------Given

Beye---Tayl-----Colo----Bass

Jona---Guth-----Bart----Duff

--------Oba------Owen

:doh:

How is everyone feeling about Milner?  What sort of reception?

Personally I don't see him in the same light as Nobby or Les so don't think I want to applaud hi but, I also don't feel the need to boo him either..........

Personally I don't see him in the same light as Nobby or Les so don't think I want to applaud hi but, I also don't feel the need to boo him either..........

Hopefully a few "What the f*cking hell was that"s when he does the inevitable hitting first-man, mishit crosses, etc.

Given

Beye Taylor Coloccini Bassong/Enrique

Geremi Barton Guthrie Jonas

Owen Martins

Won't happen though.

Just out of interest, why would you drop Duff? IMO he was our best player over the full 90 yesterday.

Given

Owen Martins

Won't happen though.

Just out of interest, why would you drop Duff? IMO he was our best player over the full 90 yesterday.

Because he's got absolutely no end product. He's looked better recently, a lot quicker and have managed to actually take on his man as well, but he can't deliver a ball. Geremi is his complete opposite, he's slow and can't beat his man, but he can deliver quality balls. Suppose it depends on whether you want flair and pace or someone who can deliver. Wouldn't be massively disappointed to see Duff ahead of Geremi, but I'd prefer Geremi (and possibly Zoggy too, but for different reasons) over Duff.

Tough game, will end a Draw I think. We'll be up for it, but won't quite have enough to beat them.

Given

Beye   Taylor    Coloccini   Enrique

Jonas  Barton   Guthrie     Duff

Martins  Owen (If fit)

is Milner likely to be starting? I know he was fairly shit on his full debut for Villa.

Watching last nights first half performance It was mouth watering thinking of owen being on the end of that kind of supply. If he had of been we would have been out of sight at half time, with no need for a nervous second half. If butt is out still, and owen plays we will stuff villa by half time......

Think we'll do 'em. Owen will be back, Barton and Jonas getting fitter and fitter and I'm sure Kinnear will be telling them not to sit back that deep anymore. At least we made mistakes in a game that we could afford to (up 2 nil), and that should prevent us from repeating the same mistake (although we also made the same mistake against City...) again.

Given

Owen Martins

Won't happen though.

Because he's got absolutely no end product. He's looked better recently, a lot quicker and have managed to actually take on his man as well, but he can't deliver a ball. Geremi is his complete opposite, he's slow and can't beat his man, but he can deliver quality balls. Suppose it depends on whether you want flair and pace or someone who can deliver. Wouldn't be massively disappointed to see Duff ahead of Geremi, but I'd prefer Geremi (and possibly Zoggy too, but for different reasons) over Duff.

Thats fair enough.

I agree that Geremi at present does have better delivery, but personally given that he is finally starting to show some sort of indication as to why we bought him I'd give him an extended run of games, and I think the end product will come.

I wouldnt mind seeing Geremi in the middle with Barton if Guthrie keeps having quiet games.

Still not enough info in the thread title. Should be mentioned that it's at SJP, the coordinates to SJP and tell us that it's on tele.

:lol: I know but not enough letter are allowed in the title to do all that, I hoped the (H) was enough to make it clear it was at SJP.

:D

A slight edit and I think I've cracked it.

:D