Newcastle United's Next Match is Aston Villa @ SJP on Mon 3rd Nov KO@20:00 StS1

Skirge

Hard not to be pessimistic given the state of things though.

It is but come seconds before kick off I will be looking at our players who can hurt them, that is what gives me hope

so youll be supplying joey barton with a cigar before the game?

The next three are fucking massive like. The Villa one, simply to get some breathing space from the bottom of the table; plus it'll boost morale and give us a better chance of selling the club etc. And then the two after that are potential six pointers and if we were to win them both we could have ourselves a very nice boundary, even if it's only three points or so.

They're all very winnable too given the quality in our team. I'd be content with 7 from 9. 6 from 9 is a bit concerning cos there's no games in there that we've got a divine right to lose. If we're serious then we shouldn't lose any of the next three. Anything less than that and i'm definitely concerned, especially given what the others are doing around us.

Play like we did first half v Brum and we've got no problems imo.

Alright I'm switching to positive mode.

Owen is back, him and Martins or him and Ameobi, either way, there's got to be goals in that combination.

Jonas will have a  f***ing amazing game and will be appearing regularly in Luke Young's nightmares for weeks.

It's at home and the fans will be behind the lads 1000%

It's either win and go to mid-table or lose and sit at bottom. The players know what's at stake, and the likes of Given, Ameobi, Taylor, Martins, Beye, and Barton, who all have genuine affection for this club, will surely be giving it their all.

We'll smash them and f*** up their Champions League hopes. They'll be a little roadbump on our way to Europe.

Howay the lads.  O0

I just don't feel the preparation has been right for this game. Villa's main threat against us is their athleticism, but we are seemingly putting our faith in the old guard, tried and trusted.

Zog would be in my line up tomorrow.

If he swaps Duff for N'Zogbia and gets the back four right, we can easily get a result.

dunno...duffs workrate against n'zogs headless chicken defending ?.....midfielders have to defend aswell unless theya are sooo good we can afford to carry them. also the possibility of joans and duff switching wings which couldn't happen with n'zog. n'zog from the bench is a bteer weapon imo.

Duff's playing well at the minute and I wouldn't really want him to be dropped. As much as I like N'Zogbia, I'd rather have him to come off the bench if needed. Like it's just been mentioned too, having Duff and Jonas swapping wings could be crucial for us tomorrow night.

If he swaps Duff for N'Zogbia and gets the back four right, we can easily get a result.

dunno...duffs workrate against n'zogs headless chicken defending ?.....midfielders have to defend aswell unless theya are sooo good we can afford to carry them. also the possibility of joans and duff switching wings which couldn't happen with n'zog. n'zog from the bench is a bteer weapon imo.

I dont rate N'Zogbia, i just think Duff lacks cutting edge. If Charlie gets a bit of time on the ball you never know what might happen. I'd rather bring duff's workrate on later in a game, its about all he offers at the minute.

I dont rate N'Zogbia, i just think Duff lacks cutting edge. If Charlie gets a bit of time on the ball you never know what might happen. I'd rather bring duff's workrate on later in a game, its about all he offers at the minute.

i like the switching wings idea aswell as jonas seems stronger on the left. duff can give a bit on the right.

Villa at home is hard enough without it being the last match of the weekend, now having the added pressure of us being rock-bottom, and Villa having a chance to put a gap between themselves and Arsenal. The atmosphere is also going to be a lot more edgier tomorrow night as a result, more than what it would have been had it been a Saturday 3pm kick-off.

Villa at home is hard enough without it being the last match of the weekend, now having the added pressure of us being rock-bottom, and Villa having a chance to put a gap between themselves and Arsenal. The atmosphere is also going to be a lot more edgier tomorrow night as a result, more than what it would have been had it been a Saturday 3pm kick-off.

Definitely. Really have to get behind the lads tomorrow night and make it a belting atmosphere. Take the game to them from the off and I reckon it will give everyone a lift.

If it's blatantly obvious from the off that we're going long-ball, or whatever, then there's not a hope of there being an atmosphere. We have to take the game to Villa from the very beginning, for every reason.