Barton Incident With Agbonlahor? Was it f*** say the FA. Was it f*** say Villa.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest icemanblue

What a fucking non-story this is really, imagine all the times the cunt Rooney has pushed people around including judges without any punishment.

This is ridiculous, fucking mental.

Yeah! Rooney is a notorious judge-pusher!

So you dont notice how he always get away with talking trash towards them?

the only refs that dares talking back to him is foreign ones, the english refs is some bloody cowards, real talk

:lol:

I wasn't disagreeing, mate. Just having a giggle at the use of the word 'judge'.

Guest sicko2ndbest

All the f***ing fuss SSN have made about this today and they havnt even got the decency to put it on a yellow ticker bar

Boils my piss

Edit: Theyve just done it!  :razz:

All the fucking fuss SSN have made about this today and they havnt even got the decency to put it on a yellow ticker bar

Boils my piss

Appeared to STRIKE him in the FACE while Barton was also BOOKED during the game.

:lol:

Barton Baiting - the favourite pastime of lazy hacks, TV pundits and now washed up dunce referees.

The FA should be protecting Barton as he is facing extraordinary levels of provocation and intimidation from opposition players who seem to want to be "the one" who gets him to bite.

The lengths Setanta TV and certain journalists and reporters went to in an attempt to make a story out of nothing was quite disgraceful.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ha! Talk about reversal in fortunes

Keane, of the wanks his dog variety, has been charged with improper conduct

Barton off scot free

I'd imagine that Steve Bennett actually saw the incident, and decided to deal with it by a talking-to, in which case there is no room for further punishment.

Yes, Barton is being singled out for special attention here, but the fact is that his hand made contact with an opponent's face in an off the ball incident. You can argue that more harm is done by a dangerous tackle, but these sort of incidents do attract heavier punishments.

It bothers me that this has happened in only his second game back, after what looks like only minor provocation. He has got to be more disciplined.

I'd imagine that Steve Bennett actually saw the incident, and decided to deal with it by a talking-to, in which case there is no room for further punishment.

Yes, Barton is being singled out for special attention here, but the fact is that his hand made contact with an opponent's face in an off the ball incident. You can argue that more harm is done by a dangerous tackle, but these sort of incidents do attract heavier punishments.

It bothers me that this has happened in only his second game back, after what looks like only minor provocation. He has got to be more disciplined.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7707627.stm

FA decides not to punish Barton

The Football Association says Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton will not face any action over an incident involving Aston Villa's Gabriel Agbonlahor.

Barton, 26, appeared to poke Agbonlahor's face during Newcastle's 2-0 win at St James' Park on Monday.

Referee Steve Bennett had words with Barton after the clash but the FA said he had not seen the incident.

However, after viewing video footage, the official decided it was not worthy of a red card.

The clash came after Barton, who is playing again after a ban and prison sentence, had been penalised for a foul.

Common sense prevails, but it has to be said Barton needs to be wary. Yes it was minimal contact and yes his actions will be exaggerated, but it's to be expected given what's gone before. Fairness is a bonus in today's world.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7707627.stm

FA decides not to punish Barton

The Football Association says Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton will not face any action over an incident involving Aston Villa's Gabriel Agbonlahor.

Barton, 26, appeared to poke Agbonlahor's face during Newcastle's 2-0 win at St James' Park on Monday.

Referee Steve Bennett had words with Barton after the clash but the FA said he had not seen the incident.

However, after viewing video footage, the official decided it was not worthy of a red card.

The clash came after Barton, who is playing again after a ban and prison sentence, had been penalised for a foul.

I stand corrected on that point, but he still needs to be more careful.

If Bullard had done that last night, everyone would have been laughing at what a cheeky chappy he is, yet had Barton squeezed Chimbonda's nuts in the wall of a free-kick, people would have still had a go at him.

Was thinking the same thing......it's OK to grab your opponent by the Crown Jewels, but not this.  It's all about who did it .... and Barton's behaviour really is under the microscope, being held to much higher standards than other players because of his past. 

You only have to go back to the Arsenal game, when Barton had just come on as sub and made a hard but fair challenge on Samir Nasri winning the ball, only for Nasri to retaliate with a trip in open play.  What did the TV heads focus on.....the Barton challenge that they thought was too aggressive even though replay showed he won the ball cleanly. Did the retaliatory trip by Nasri get any real focus?  Nope, just Bartons challenge.

If Bullard had done that last night, everyone would have been laughing at what a cheeky chappy he is, yet had Barton squeezed Chimbonda's nuts in the wall of a free-kick, people would have still had a go at him.

Was thinking the same thing......it's OK to grab your opponent by the Crown Jewels, but not this.  It's all about who did it .... and Barton's behaviour really is under the microscope, being held to much higher standards than other players because of his past. 

You only have to go back to the Arsenal game, when Barton had just come on as sub and made a hard but fair challenge on Samir Nasri winning the ball, only for Nasri to retaliate with a trip in open play.  What did the TV heads focus on.....the Barton challenge that they thought was too aggressive even though replay showed he won the ball cleanly. Did the retaliatory trip by Nasri get any real focus?  Nope, just Bartons challenge.

And Clichy saying he was proud of Nasri for bringing him down. What a twat.

Was thinking the same thing......it's OK to grab your opponent by the Crown Jewels, but not this.   It's all about who did it .... and Barton's behaviour really is under the microscope, being held to much higher standards than other players because of his past. 

I thought that wa a far heavier challenge studs up than the one he got penalised for yesterday. Joey needs to channel his aggression because like it or not he's an easy target. Everyone is looking for even a minor slip and no one outside of Newcastle is going to do him any favours.

Common sense prevails, but it has to be said Barton needs to be wary. Yes it was minimal contact and yes his actions will be exaggerated, but it's to be expected given what's gone before. Fairness is a bonus in today's world.

Reputations deserve to go before people, but they should only take in to account what has happened on the pitch imo. Regular divers who start not getting free-kicks when they're fouled deserve what they're getting, as do filthy players who start attracting unfair yellows. Has Barton ever really done anything out of order on the pitch though? I can't think of anything off the top of my head, never thought of him as a particularly dirty player when at City.

Guest NorwegianMag

Bullshite! I think if Barton said something racistful to agbon, he would react different. Like the emre vs howard incident.