Fulham vs Newcastle United 9/11/08 Pre-match thread

Taylor Swift

With Martins' confidence as it is, we've got a chance of winning any game regardless of how bad we're playing. I know he's hardly as prolific or as effective as the great man, but he's like Shearer in that respect: whilst he's on the pitch, and he's playing well, you've got a chance of winning the game.

It wouldn't be unlike us to bomb, but i'm still confident.

With Martins' confidence as it is, we've got a chance of winning any game regardless of how bad we're playing. I know he's hardly as prolific or as effective as the great man, but he's like Shearer in that respect: whilst he's on the pitch, and he's playing well, you've got a chance of winning the game.

i dont agree with the Shearer comparison because certainly in his years with us he relied heavily on the players around him performing well

I know what you mean about Martins though, I said it before and during the Villa game, he's the only player at this club capable of winning a game with scraps to feed on. If he's on form, we can get a result against anyone

Guest optimistic nit

If anyone notices a confused-looking Asian sitting/standing alone with a pint at the pub tomorrow, feel free to come over and say hi.  :lol:

ok but if i get my head kicked in by a martial arts blackbelt who happened to be lost in south london i'm blaming you ;)

If anyone notices a confused-looking Asian sitting/standing alone with a pint at the pub tomorrow, feel free to come over and say hi.  :lol:

ok but if i get my head kicked in by a martial arts blackbelt who happened to be lost in south london i'm blaming you ;)

It would have to be one who also, by pure coincidence, happened to be wearing a Newcastle shirt  ;D

Good. Thought I was the only one. Expecting a draw at best, with a healthy smattering of injuries to key players. The physio room is getting far too empty for God/karma/Allah's liking.

Dunno what to feel. Lawro is predicting us to lose, so I've got and inkling we might nick it...

I think we'll win this one. Confidence is high. We now have the ability to hit teams on the break. Defence is still dodgy, but they're not the strongest opposition. Could be quite comfortable.

Blame me if it all goes wrong.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Only Bullard would get in our team, in the place of Butt.

In Martins and Jonas we have counter attack pace, and in Barton we have good supply

1-3 win

Fulham aren't that bad, I really could see them beating us by the odd goal today without us playing too bad. But having said that, if we really want to be finishing in the top 6/8 then we have to win games like these away from home.... espcially considering the easy points we've already dropped. Lets not forget we haven't won an away game in the league this season.

Just praying the villa game wasn't a false dawn, as if we played like that every week we could beat most sides. And because of that, hopefully we'll stay unchanged with Owen coming off the bench if we aren't winning with 20 mins to go.

Guest Darth Toon

Fulham are decent at home so far this season - W3, D1, L1, F6, A3

Would be happy enough with a draw, very pleased indeed if we can sneak a win.

i dont agree with the Shearer comparison because certainly in his years with us he relied heavily on the players around him performing well

NO SHIT!

I know what you mean about Martins though, I said it before and during the Villa game, he's the only player at this club capable of winning a game with scraps to feed on. If he's on form, we can get a result against anyone

Bullsh!t. Shearer pretty much did it all.

Bullsh!t. Shearer pretty much did it all.

That's not true. Sure, we were a much, much better side with Shearer in the starting XI but towards the end of his career players like Bellamy/Robert had a huge effect on his effectiveness and ability to find the net.

How's the weather ? Just heard that the refs for Blackburn Chelsea are considering closing down that game due to weather conditions, anyone up to speed on the weather situation in Fulham , London ?

Going to have to be upto scratch in closing down midfield. Got a few nice ball players in there (Murphy, Bullard, Davies) who can feed Johnson down the channels. and have a pop from distance. Andy Johnson i can see being the type of player Colo should thrive against as he looks a lot better when facing the nippier forward than than the big man.