So who makes way for Owen?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keep it the way it is and I think JK will because he sticks to the basics and he will know better than anyone that you don't change a winning team. I loved the 4-3-3 last season but can't quite see us pulling that off at the moment. You need someone of Viduka's quality as the main frontman in that formation anyway and while Shola is doing well he is not quite the man for that I would say.

I'd have Michael Owen straight back in without question if he is fit.

As much as it is great Shola has shown some sort of upturn in form he is not vital to the side and as pointed out he offers very little goal threat.

It should be a priority now for Kinnear to get the firepower of Michael's 12 goals in his last 18 games and Oba's 4 goals in his last 6 games a string of games as a partnership and see how they go.

I'd have Michael Owen straight back in without question if he is fit.

As much as its great Shola has shown some sort of upturn in form he is not vital to the side and as pointed out he offers very little goal threat.

It should be a priority now for Kinnear to get the firepower of Michael's 12 goals in his last 18 games and Oba's 4 goals in his last 6 games a string of games as a partnership and see how they go.

If Owen comes straight back in it had better work or there will be hell on. I haven't seen much evidence yet that Owen and Martins work that well together and dropping Shola would be a big knock to his confidence.

Obviously a player of Owen's class will come back into the side at some point, but why not wait until either Martins or Ameobi have a bad game?

Owen has become such a class player with age that you could put him anywhere on the pitch outside of the back four. He has become a midfield player for me in his time with us rather than the pacey striker of old who played on the last defender. He could easily replace someone like Duff coming from deep.

It should be Butt.

Ameobi   Martins

Owen

Jonas            Duff

Barton

Enrique Colo Taylor Beye

Given

I'd keep things as they are for the time being. I'm not Shola's greatest fan but he doesn't seem to be working too badly with Martins. If it ain't broke then don't fix it.

We should probably start to adjust to life without Owen, especially if he wants to talk to other clubs in January.

I can't see many clubs coming in for Owen this January, or even next summer, unless he gets a decent run of games in. He wouldn't go anywhere else on a pay as you play contract which is the only thing other clubs would offer.

Just for the record we should keep ameobi on for at least 55-60 mins as he deserves it, bring owen on after that so that we don't break him again!!

Owen wants away. Keep him as emergency only.

I didn't realise you knew Michael Owen Phil K.

Of course..... he's rushing to sign a contract...my mistake... :rolleyes:

------------------ Given

Beye  --  Taylor  --   :colo: --  Enrique

----- Barton  --  Butt  ----  :jonas:

----------------  Owen

--------- Shola  ------- Martins

Would love to see that so damn much, pity there's no chance of it at all.

I think we should stick with Shola and Oba for now. Helps that we can ease Owen back into things, and no reason to mess with a winning formula.

And just who is going to give him this new contract at the moment, Phil?

Benitez 1st January

Never, never never change a winning side. If we're not winning by halftime then put Owen in, put remember hes not match fit to play, get him hungrier for goals. I have no doubt he can score atleast 5-7 goals more before new year owen, but Ameobi-Martins has worked well so far.

Owen after 45, and never drop Butt for Owen.

------------------ Given

----- Barton  --  Butt  ----   :jonas:

----------------  Owen

I think we should stick with Shola and Oba for now. Helps that we can ease Owen back into things, and no reason to mess with a winning formula.

Swap Shola for Viduka and that team has the potential to be very, very good, potentially the best starting XI we can field. Even though I realise it's basically what we had last season during the good run with KK with Colo and Gutierrez in for Faye/Geremi.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

Tough choice. I think Owen is our best player and while he is not like Martins in Style, Owen has more in common with Oba so i'd guess i'd think about dropping him. I think we need a bigger guy on the pitch to vary it up a bit so i'd stick with Shola in the absence of an alternative.

I don't see any owner of ours rushing to give him one.

The owner of ours is wanting away too.

------------------ Given

----- Barton  --  Butt  ----   :jonas:

----------------  Owen

Swap Shola for Viduka and that team has the potential to be very, very good, potentially the best starting XI we can field. Even though I realise it's basically what we had last season during the good run with KK with Colo and Gutierrez in for Faye/Geremi.

Those are two very significant upgrades though, has to be said.

Faye, for all the love he seems to get on here at times, is nowhere near the quality of Colo, and the movement and energy that Jonas would give the team over Geremi is massive.

Barton would also likely be more effective on the right side than he was on the left, at least from a forward going position as he'd have the option of getting wide now and again and linking with Beye. Playing on the left he's not got as much option to do that as he's not a threat to put a good ball in whereas on the right he would be.

Looks to have great balance and I'd love to see it under KK, pity we never will. :(