NUFC and Saturdays

Decky

What is it with this club and Saturdays? I know its to do with Sky etc, but fuck me we must have the least Saturday (especially 3pm kick offs) games than any other club, it was like that last season aswell iirc? Saturdays are the best days for football aswell :angry:

I think Villa had the most non saturday 3pms last year? so i was told. But yeah.... annoying.... although saying that it does give me the chance to get to a few new grounds whilst Newcastle arent playing. Shrewsbury, Yeovil, Walsall have been added this season :)

I think the general consensus is going to be for those who don't get the chance to go to the games it's of a big benefit to them, but as a season ticket holder it absolutely grates on me immensely. No disrespect to those non season ticket holders but us who pay vast amounts of money every season deserve a little bit more priority. But that's the modern game for you, fans don't come into it anymore.

Tomorrow will be the 5th televised NUFC game in a row, all in the league aswell I think.. then the papers point out our low attendances because people would rather watch it on TV than go to a midweek game.

I hate this season, you get fuck all teams playing on Saturday at 3pm. Sky & Setanta have pissed the league about.

I think the general consensus is going to be for those who don't get the chance to go to the games it's of a big benefit to them, but as a season ticket holder it absolutely grates on me immensely. No disrespect to those non season ticket holders but us who pay vast amounts of money every season deserve a little bit more priority. But that's the modern game for you, fans don't come into it anymore.

Armchair fans ftw.

Aye its shite. Can't make it up for night matches which has forced me to miss a couple of games this season.

Living abroad, yeah it's good that there are more matches on television. But I really miss the whole Saturday afternoon results thing, the scores from all the divisions coming in, the table clicking into its new positions for the week to come. It's just wank when there are only a handful of matches on a Saturday afternoon, even if all you're doing is listening to the second-half match commentary on the World Service.

Guest michaelfoster

Tomorrow will be the 5th televised NUFC game in a row

Is it not the 6th as Everton game was on TV too. Everton, Man City, Mackems, West Brom, Villa & Fulham.