Royston Keane?

Guest Heneage

No, simply because he isn't a very good manager.  If he was a good manager, then I'd have him here regardless of who he is and his history.

Exactly this.

I was basing it on his potential sacking from Sunderland.

???

So was I.

Guest Stephen927

He's spent a lot of money on very average players. Also strikes me as someone who doesn't have a lot of faith in his own player, chopping and changing line-ups all the time.

He's only 37 so he still has a lot to learn in management. Right now I wouldn't take him.

He's spent a lot of money on very average players. Also strikes me as someone who doesn't have a lot of faith in his own player, chopping and changing line-ups all the time.

He's only 37 so he still has a lot to learn in management. Right now I wouldn't take him.

As that football 365 article (see other thread) pointed out why did he go to Chelsea last weekend and start with a raw teenager up front and leave Cisse on the bench? Ridiculous decision.

As that football 365 article (see other thread) pointed out why did he go to Chelsea last weekend and start with a raw teenager up front and leave Cisse on the bench? Ridiculous decision.

A raw 19 year old striker on the left wing at Stamford Bridge is an even worse idea

Too insecure to be a top manager in the long term IMO.

Threatening to quit earlier in the year because he got a bit of stick from the fans, he takes criticism far too personally. The best managers can take it and get on with their job, Keane is too pre-occupied with his hard man/no nonsense reputation.

Can't spend money either, which doesn't help.

I think he's a good manager, but at our club, it's dangerous to appoint a manager who doesn't have the confidence of the fans right at the start.

I like JK and hope he gets a longer contract.

How much longer?

Funny that...this was on bbc website

1614: "There's a worrying rumour kicking about in the stands here that Roy Keane is set to take the Geordies job!"

Dave at the Stadium of Light, via text on 81111

Funny that...this was on bbc website

1614: "There's a worrying rumour kicking about in the stands here that Roy Keane is set to take the Geordies job!"

Dave at the Stadium of Light, via text on 81111

Funny that.... that was on this website.