Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

I must admit though I'm quite surprised by this, especially as Quinn was talking about all of the big names who were after the job. Even someone proven like Allardyce was scoffed at, the whole scenario reminds me of when Roeder got our job, only he was caretaker for three months and not four games. Although he may now have a manager who will treat him with some respect. Although I can't see him getting anywhere near the same backing as what Keane got.

Also promoting someone within barely seems to work these days, look at Adams, Sammy Lee. So it is quite a big gamble that is for certain. Then again a lot of our lot are laughing at this, but I know they Sunderland fans will be doing exactly the same when we appoint Kinnear on a longer contract in the summer.

Guest Heneage

I must admit though I'm quite surprised by this, especially as Quinn was talking about all of the big names who were after the job. Even someone proven like Allardyce was scoffed at, the whole scenario reminds me of when Roeder got our job, only he was caretaker for three months and not four games. Although he may now have a manager who will treat him with some respect. Although I can't see him getting anywhere near the same backing as what Keane got.

Also promoting someone within barely seems to work these days, look at Adams, Sammy Lee. So it is quite a big gamble that is for certain. Then again a lot of our lot are laughing at this, but I know they Sunderland fans will be doing exactly the same when we appoint Kinnear on a longer contract in the summer.

Its something that's pissed them off no end, the fact such grand names were talked up and they've gone for him, reminds them of Keane's appointment.

We are NOT appointing Kinnear long term man Tooj!!!!!!!! Not in a million years!!!!!! :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope:

Ahem, I hope.

This is obviously against the flow but I honestly think appointing Ricky Sbragia is not as bad a move as some people find.

Posters here compare Ricky Sbragia with the likes of Glenn Roeder, Sammy Lee and Toni Adams. However Ricky Sbragia does have a sterling records in managing reserves sides, winning quite a few Reserves leagues and cups. Glenn, despite his reputation of "youth coach", did not excel in Reserves level. Sammy Lee I don't know much too about him but I don't think he has really managed even a reserves side prior to his short sting as Bolton manager. Toni Adams has a shite records of managing whatever side so he is an expected failure.

Ricky Sbragia on the other hand, has an excellent records of managing (inferior level to be fair and honest), and his short sting as Sunderland caretaker manager has produced some really good results. Sunderland and Niall Quinn are  not stupid, they offer Sbragia 18 contracts so if things do not work out as wised then Sbragia can be dismissed with a rather small cost.

Sbragia is the safest option Sunderland has got. So far the players seems to like him, results go his wy, he has a decent CV, he is cheap and available, he seems level headed and does not talk himself up like our Glenn Roeder. I think Sbragia willl do just fine.

This is obviously against the flow but I honestly think appointing Ricky Sbragia is not as bad a move as some people find.

Posters here compare Ricky Sbragia with the likes of Glenn Roeder, Sammy Lee and Toni Adams. However Ricky Sbragia does have a sterling records in managing reserves sides, winning quite a few Reserves leagues and cups. Glenn, despite his reputation of "youth coach", did not excel in Reserves level. Sammy Lee I don't know much too about him but I don't think he has really managed even a reserves side prior to his short sting as Bolton manager. Toni Adams has a shite records of managing whatever side so he is an expected failure.

Ricky Sbragia on the other hand, has an excellent records of managing (inferior level to be fair and honest), and his short sting as Sunderland caretaker manager has produced some really good results. Sunderland and Niall Quinn are  not stupid, they offer Sbragia 18 contracts so if things do not work out as wised then Sbragia can be dismissed with a rather small cost.

Sbragia is the safest option Sunderland has got. So far the players seems to like him, results go his wy, he has a decent CV, he is cheap and available, he seems level headed and does not talk himself up like our Glenn Roeder. I think Sbragia willl do just fine.

Nothing to do with his links to Man Utd of course.

Take that opinion somewhere else :thup:

Posters here compare Ricky Sbragia with the likes of Glenn Roeder, Sammy Lee and Toni Adams. However Ricky Sbragia does have a sterling records in managing reserves sides, winning quite a few Reserves leagues and cups. Glenn, despite his reputation of "youth coach", did not excel in Reserves level. Sammy Lee I don't know much too about him but I don't think he has really managed even a reserves side prior to his short sting as Bolton manager. Toni Adams has a s**** records of managing whatever side so he is an expected failure.

its all about the transition from coach to manager.  Totally different roles.

The poor big nose c*** wont even be the main talking point for Sunderland fans today.

Relegated to the inside pages again.  We do seem to do it every time like :lol:

no point.  I only know how to say his name from the TV/radio.  When me gran picks up the sunday rags today she'll have no idea how to pronounce that name.

The reaction will more than likely be "more bloody eastern europeans".