Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

Guest Heneage

Never takes long for Allardyce to declare his interest. Desperate as f***.

Wey either way he gets work Sky will want his as pundit for Sunday now so they can quiz him.

Could you imagine him on Sky?

Skilling:  "So what do you think of Chelsea's chances against Arsenal at home, Roy?"

Keane:  "They're all losers, fakes, the lot of 'em.  No commitment."

Skilling:  "So you don't rate Chelsea then Roy?"

Keane:  "c***s.  Them and Arsenal. No focus.  They don't put the effort in.  No courage."

Skilling:  "Errr, so what does Big Phil do to contain Arsenal going forward?"

Keane:  "That's it I've had enough of your questions.  I'm off to walk me dog." 

I meant Sam?

Never takes long for Allardyce to declare his interest. Desperate as f***.

Wey either way he gets work Sky will want his as pundit for Sunday now so they can quiz him.

Could you imagine him on Sky?

Skilling:  "So what do you think of Chelsea's chances against Arsenal at home, Roy?"

Keane:  "They're all losers, fakes, the lot of 'em.  No commitment."

Skilling:  "So you don't rate Chelsea then Roy?"

Keane:  "c***s.  Them and Arsenal. No focus.  They don't put the effort in.  No courage."

Skilling:  "Errr, so what does Big Phil do to contain Arsenal going forward?"

Keane:  "That's it I've had enough of your questions.  I'm off to walk me dog." 

I meant Sam?

That's a shame  :cheesy:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2006549.ece

ROY KEANE ruled Sunderland with a ferocious anger and explosive mood swings that left players and staff in a constant state of fear.

Today, we can lift the lid on the remarkable dressing-room tantrums, confrontations and bust-ups that turned Sunderland into a ticking timebomb.

SunSport can reveal the former Manchester United star:

* Hurled foul-mouthed tirades at both senior and young players

* Lashed out with his arms and legs as his temper boiled over

* Blanked players for no apparent reason

* And launched into a bizarre kung-fu attack — on a training chalkboard!

It was this last episode that graphically summed up the madness of King Roy.

At half-time during one game this season, Keane asked one of his assistants to set up the tactics board while he disappeared into the toilet.

He returned to launch a kung-fu kick at the object, sending it flying into the wall of the dressing room.

He then called three different players a ‘c***’ and took a swipe at another one, only just missing his jaw.

The Black Cats men had got used to Keane losing his rag but this was the final straw for many.

There had been a number of occasions when Keane’s post-match team talk would seemingly spell the end of several players’ careers.

He would say things like ‘There are four players in this room who will never play for the club again’ only for a similar line-up to run out the following week.

The reserve team were not immune to his fury either. Keano went to watch one game and burst into the dressing room at half time.

He bawled this message: ‘I’ve come to see how many of you can make it into the first team one day, well I’m telling you now, none of you ever will.’

Players could find themselves blanked by Keane for weeks on end without an explanation.

Training routines would often leave the stars scratching their heads.

One top boss refused to send Keane a player on loan because he thought the whole situation under him at Sunderland was too unstable.

Quite simply, Keane was always too close to the edge to take the team on to another level.

Some funny stuff in there.

Guest Heneage

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2006549.ece

ROY KEANE ruled Sunderland with a ferocious anger and explosive mood swings that left players and staff in a constant state of fear.

Today, we can lift the lid on the remarkable dressing-room tantrums, confrontations and bust-ups that turned Sunderland into a ticking timebomb.

SunSport can reveal the former Manchester United star:

* Hurled foul-mouthed tirades at both senior and young players

* Lashed out with his arms and legs as his temper boiled over

* Blanked players for no apparent reason

* And launched into a bizarre kung-fu attack — on a training chalkboard!

It was this last episode that graphically summed up the madness of King Roy.

At half-time during one game this season, Keane asked one of his assistants to set up the tactics board while he disappeared into the toilet.

He returned to launch a kung-fu kick at the object, sending it flying into the wall of the dressing room.

He then called three different players a ‘c***’ and took a swipe at another one, only just missing his jaw.

The Black Cats men had got used to Keane losing his rag but this was the final straw for many.

There had been a number of occasions when Keane’s post-match team talk would seemingly spell the end of several players’ careers.

He would say things like ‘There are four players in this room who will never play for the club again’ only for a similar line-up to run out the following week.

The reserve team were not immune to his fury either. Keano went to watch one game and burst into the dressing room at half time.

He bawled this message: ‘I’ve come to see how many of you can make it into the first team one day, well I’m telling you now, none of you ever will.’

Players could find themselves blanked by Keane for weeks on end without an explanation.

Training routines would often leave the stars scratching their heads.

One top boss refused to send Keane a player on loan because he thought the whole situation under him at Sunderland was too unstable.

Quite simply, Keane was always too close to the edge to take the team on to another level.

Some funny stuff in there.

Its funny this has all come out, a Mackem mate of mine was saying after Saturday he wanted Keane to go, he's by no means kneejerk. And said that from chatting to a reserve/youth player he knew that Keane was literally mental at half time, he wouldn't come in and say "Right lads do  this do that" He just would come in and shout.

It won't be Strachan.  He's not Sunderland-minded.

What, f***ed up in the head, you mean?

Aye, probably.

More a reference to the fact that most Celtic fans want Strachan out because he's not "Celtic-minded".

Translation - most Celtic fans want him out because he's not Roman Catholic.

They'd be creaming their knickers if Keane got the job.  It would be like O'Neill all over again.  O'Neill got away with Rangers winning the treble because he was "Celtic-minded".  Strachan's won three titles on the trot and he still can't win over the bigots.

Guest elbee909

From SMB

Apparently the easel had tripped him up on the way to the toilet the week before and he had been waiting for his revenge.

;D

:lol: HACK THE BOARD!

http://i34.tinypic.com/23i8geb.jpg

""Take that, you cunt" I said to myself.  That showed it."

I always had a naging feeling is attitude would let him down at some point.  I know its easy saying it now.  People at work telling Sunderland will finish above NUFC, Keano will do this and that and blah blah.

The man demands respect of the highest order which all managers should but the modern game nowadays all the players are either millionaires or will be in the future, they just dont have the respect they should for people and this is whats letting Keano down. He Cant manage wankers.

Poor & distraught Louise has written:

* Louise Taylor

* The Guardian, Friday December 5 2008

* Article history

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/12/4/1228430761263/Roy-Keane-002.jpg

Roy Keane arrives at his house in Hale, Altrincham last night. Photograph: PA Wire/PA

Roy Keane became so introspective and elusive during the closing period of his time in charge at Sunderland that often the only way Niall Quinn could contact him was by text message. It is understood that was how his resignation as manager was initially delivered to the chairman.

Quinn handled Keane's departure with typical class, generosity and dignity yesterday. "Everybody at the club has got a huge respect for Roy," said Quinn, who stressed that Keane's motives were unselfish and that he had not demanded a pay-off. "He lifted this place off its knees," he added. "Roy Keane hasn't been sacked because we've a bad team, he's resigning because we've a good team he feels he can't bring on any further. There's a big difference there. You hear the term amicable, that's actually the way it is here."

Football Weekly: Keano resigns Link to this audio

The chairman's polished outward demeanour camouflaged the fraught reality of the preceding few days when an increasingly withdrawn Keane oscillated between a determination to try to revive the fortunes of a side that had lost six of their seven previous games and a desire to quit. Quinn initially offered his manager space over the weekend to think things through and on Sunday travelled to Portugal to "clear" his own head. Keane failed to attend any of Sunderland's training sessions this week - a not uncommon occurrence - and, when Quinn returned to England on Wednesday, the pair failed to determine a viable way forward.

Although Sunderland's board hoped Keane would continue they were concerned that he had lost the support of a dressing room harbouring constantly rotated players who seemed intimidated and alienated by their maverick and temperamental manager. A watershed occurred 10 weeks ago when Sunderland scraped past Northampton Town in the Carling Cup and individuals were shocked at the ferocity with which Keane hurled personal obscenities at them.

Keane could or would not soften his stance, though, and yesterday morning informed Quinn he was not returning. His resignation was subsequently received in a formal fax sent by his solicitor, Michael Kennedy. In an attendant statement Keane said: "I would like to thank my staff, players, Niall Quinn and, in particular, the fans for their support during my time at Sunderland and I would like to wish the club every success in the future." Last night the winger Carlos Edwards said: "The players still had full confidence in him and are kind of let down in a way."

Sam Allardyce quickly made it plain that he would welcome an invitation to manage the club he once played for and later coached at under Peter Reid. "Sunderland are a great club, so of course I'd be interested in talking to them," the former Bolton and Newcastle manager said. "I have huge respect for the chairman, Niall Quinn, and the job he has done.

Meanwhile Phil Brown, a boyhood Sunderland fan, reiterated his commitment to Hull. David O'Leary was among the other early contenders and the former West Ham manager Alan Curbishley was prominent in bookmakers' lists.

The relationship between Keane and Quinn had often been hands-off and conducted by text but gained further distance once Ellis Short, the Irish-American financier, became Sunderland's leading shareholder in September. When Short inquired why Keane had not signed a contract extension to replace the deal due to expire next June and questioned some of the manager's more eccentric and expensive buys, even the diplomatic chairman struggled to maintain harmony.

Six weeks ago things looked deceptively rosy when Sunderland beat Newcastle but already Keane was struggling to control two of his more controversial signings, Pascal Chimbonda and El Hadji Diouf, and the club subsequently slid into relegation trouble. "Roy is his harshest critic and he felt he'd completed his journey here," Quinn said. "We spent three days trying hard to find a solution but he didn't want to come unstuck any further and us find ourselves in deeper, darker territory."

The chairman suggested the stress of Premier League management had taken its toll: "Roy brought amazing standards to this club, his compelling nature changed mind-sets. But the pressure is intense."

Ricky Sbragia, the head coach, will be in charge for tomorrow's trip to Manchester United, aided by the reserve team coach Neil Bailey and the midfielder Dwight Yorke.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/dec/05/premierleague-sunderland

Poor & distraught Louise has written:

* Louise Taylor

* The Guardian, Friday December 5 2008

* Article history

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/12/4/1228430761263/Roy-Keane-002.jpg

Roy Keane arrives at his house in Hale, Altrincham last night. Photograph: PA Wire/PA

Roy Keane became so introspective and elusive during the closing period of his time in charge at Sunderland that often the only way Niall Quinn could contact him was by text message. It is understood that was how his resignation as manager was initially delivered to the chairman.

Quinn handled Keane's departure with typical class, generosity and dignity yesterday. "Everybody at the club has got a huge respect for Roy," said Quinn, who stressed that Keane's motives were unselfish and that he had not demanded a pay-off. "He lifted this place off its knees," he added. "Roy Keane hasn't been sacked because we've a bad team, he's resigning because we've a good team he feels he can't bring on any further. There's a big difference there. You hear the term amicable, that's actually the way it is here."

Football Weekly: Keano resigns Link to this audio

The chairman's polished outward demeanour camouflaged the fraught reality of the preceding few days when an increasingly withdrawn Keane oscillated between a determination to try to revive the fortunes of a side that had lost six of their seven previous games and a desire to quit. Quinn initially offered his manager space over the weekend to think things through and on Sunday travelled to Portugal to "clear" his own head. Keane failed to attend any of Sunderland's training sessions this week - a not uncommon occurrence - and, when Quinn returned to England on Wednesday, the pair failed to determine a viable way forward.

Although Sunderland's board hoped Keane would continue they were concerned that he had lost the support of a dressing room harbouring constantly rotated players who seemed intimidated and alienated by their maverick and temperamental manager. A watershed occurred 10 weeks ago when Sunderland scraped past Northampton Town in the Carling Cup and individuals were shocked at the ferocity with which Keane hurled personal obscenities at them.

Keane could or would not soften his stance, though, and yesterday morning informed Quinn he was not returning. His resignation was subsequently received in a formal fax sent by his solicitor, Michael Kennedy. In an attendant statement Keane said: "I would like to thank my staff, players, Niall Quinn and, in particular, the fans for their support during my time at Sunderland and I would like to wish the club every success in the future." Last night the winger Carlos Edwards said: "The players still had full confidence in him and are kind of let down in a way."

Sam Allardyce quickly made it plain that he would welcome an invitation to manage the club he once played for and later coached at under Peter Reid. "Sunderland are a great club, so of course I'd be interested in talking to them," the former Bolton and Newcastle manager said. "I have huge respect for the chairman, Niall Quinn, and the job he has done.

Meanwhile Phil Brown, a boyhood Sunderland fan, reiterated his commitment to Hull. David O'Leary was among the other early contenders and the former West Ham manager Alan Curbishley was prominent in bookmakers' lists.

The relationship between Keane and Quinn had often been hands-off and conducted by text but gained further distance once Ellis Short, the Irish-American financier, became Sunderland's leading shareholder in September. When Short inquired why Keane had not signed a contract extension to replace the deal due to expire next June and questioned some of the manager's more eccentric and expensive buys, even the diplomatic chairman struggled to maintain harmony.

Six weeks ago things looked deceptively rosy when Sunderland beat Newcastle but already Keane was struggling to control two of his more controversial signings, Pascal Chimbonda and El Hadji Diouf, and the club subsequently slid into relegation trouble. "Roy is his harshest critic and he felt he'd completed his journey here," Quinn said. "We spent three days trying hard to find a solution but he didn't want to come unstuck any further and us find ourselves in deeper, darker territory."

The chairman suggested the stress of Premier League management had taken its toll: "Roy brought amazing standards to this club, his compelling nature changed mind-sets. But the pressure is intense."

Ricky Sbragia, the head coach, will be in charge for tomorrow's trip to Manchester United, aided by the reserve team coach Neil Bailey and the midfielder Dwight Yorke.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/dec/05/premierleague-sunderland

genius!  the photo & first line make him out to be like howard hughes!!

Guest johnson293

Another tear-stained article by Ms Taylor, this time on her Blog...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2008/dec/05/sunderland-roy-keane

First response/comment (at the foot of the article) is quite a good one - calling Ms Taylor up on her comments today, compared to some she made a few weeks ago when she compared Keane to Cloughie!!  ;D

However, she also still manages to get a dig in at Keegan.  :rolleyes: