Newcastle United 2-2 Wigan Athletic 15/11/08 - post-match reaction from page 14

Rich

Just going by the 60 minute highlights on Sky -

I thought Bassong looked at home as a Premiership CB, and deserves another chance.

He was okayish but no more than that, remember  that was Wigan 2nd choice pairing (Zaki & Heskey would of killed us) & for most of the 2nd half him & Colo played against 1 striker & they found it hard going.  I have seen him play a better at LB than he did CB yesterday, he is an improvement on Cacapa & Edgar.

Is this him challenging Shambles?

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45209000/jpg/_45209970_bramble_b282.jpg

Looks like Zog to me :| Can't really tell..

:thup:

It's Shola man, you bunch of racists.

Agree 100%. And Duff played well

Typical Geordie way eh?

Blame the manager every time we don't get a result. And we wonder why we're bottom of the pile.

The only mistake JK made was starting Ameobi ahead of Owen, but some of the criticism he gets is ridiculous.

He's lost 2 games in 7, considering the sort of form we were in that's a fair effort. Keegan would have done no better. Want me to point out the record he had as manager the second time around?

Hear hear. And Duff played well yesterday FFS

Lies, he was gash

Couldn't make it yday but mates at the match say we were shocking 1st half. From the highlights; Colo was very lucky that Camara didn't go down when he was pushed - would have been a penalty, a sending off & game over. What was Duff doing for that goal?

Agree 100%. And Duff played well

Typical Geordie way eh?

Blame the manager every time we don't get a result. And we wonder why we're bottom of the pile.

The only mistake JK made was starting Ameobi ahead of Owen, but some of the criticism he gets is ridiculous.

He's lost 2 games in 7, considering the sort of form we were in that's a fair effort. Keegan would have done no better. Want me to point out the record he had as manager the second time around?

Hear hear. And Duff played well yesterday FFS

Bloke behind me was going beserk when Jonas was taken off ahead of Duff. Ridiculous really as Duff had been involved most of the game whilst Jonas had offered little other than his usual running.

I was going off it too.  Considering Duff offers very little apart from being the winger version of Scott Parker, it was foolish to take Jonas off.  He (and im not being taken in by the hype) offers what no one else does on our team (apart from maybes the zog) the ability to take on, and scare defenders.  There were two Wigan players marking him all game, which we should have (if we even looked half alive first half) capitalised on. 

Absolutely foolish to take off Jonas.

Good to see Jonas getting a bit of the Vagina Dildo treatment, it shows the respect he already commands, but unlike back in 95/96 we don't really have the other players to step-up and make the most of the extra space that it undoubtedly presents them with.

Hopefully JFK will cotton on ASAP and starting working around him being double-marked at every opportunity, but the fact he's chosen to sub him off in the past two games leads me to believe I may be pissing in the wind on this one.

Good to see Jonas getting a bit of the Vagina Dildo treatment, it shows the respect he already commands, but unlike back in 95/96 we don't really have the other players to step-up and make the most of the extra space that it undoubtedly presents them with.

Exactly. Doubling up and kicking the shit out of him is now how teams deal with Jonas and they can afford to do that because they know we don't have any other creative outlet - Duff gets time and space because teams know they don't have to even bother putting a challenge in on the useless wanker. Barton's hardly Kaka but at least he's got a bit of creativity about him, with Guthrie, Duff and Butt providing the alternatives it's a case of 'Stop Jonas and stop Newcastle'... but nah, it's more to do with him being shite. :rolleyes:

It would have made sense to bring Charlie on and get Duff off so they'd have something to worry about on both flanks - as it was, everything good went down the left after he came on, thankfully Oba and Charlie were raping Taylor every which way.

Exactly. Doubling up and kicking the s*** out of him is now how teams deal with Jonas and they can afford to do that because they know we don't have any other creative outlet - Duff gets time and space because teams know they don't have to even bother putting a challenge in on the useless w*****. Barton's hardly Kaka but at least he's got a bit of creativity about him, with Guthrie, Duff and Butt providing the alternatives it's a case of 'Stop Jonas and stop Newcastle'... but nah, it's more to do with him being s****. :rolleyes:

It would have made sense to bring Charlie on and get Duff off so they'd have something to worry about on both flanks - as it was, everything good went down the left after he came on, thankfully Oba and Charlie were raping Taylor every which way.

Agreed on the above, I would have taken Duff and Shola off.  I know Shola had the shot that set up Owen but I think we would have got more without those two.

Exactly. Doubling up and kicking the s*** out of him is now how teams deal with Jonas and they can afford to do that because they know we don't have any other creative outlet - Duff gets time and space because teams know they don't have to even bother putting a challenge in on the useless w*****. Barton's hardly Kaka but at least he's got a bit of creativity about him, with Guthrie, Duff and Butt providing the alternatives it's a case of 'Stop Jonas and stop Newcastle'... but nah, it's more to do with him being s****. :rolleyes:

Agreed on the above, I would have taken Duff and Shola off.  I know Shola had the shot that set up Owen but I think we would have got more without those two.

i'd have took enrique off and went to 3 at the back. we were a goal down against 10 men. saying that i'd have strated owen instead of shola.

i'd have took enrique off and went to 3 at the back. we were a goal down against 10 men. saying that i'd have strated owen instead of shola.

Shola's always going to start though. After all, who else in the team is going to play the "John Fashanu" role for us so we can hump high balls up to them from the back?

Well, I've gotten the chance to see the match now, and I have to say we should be glad we got a draw.The red card on Boyce was a terrible decision and frankly the turning point in a match in which we were being dominated. We did play well after that though, especially Oba and N'Zogbia. Besides his powerful finish, Martins also provided two fantastic chances for Owen. N'Zogbia was more dangerous in his time than Duff has been since he was at Chelsea. I have no idea why N'Zogbia isn't playing. Unless we want to lower his value before we sell him??

I honestly think Boyce said something untoward to the ref...he seemed to take an age after the foul to give the card (from being at the game).

He gave the foul though. If he gave the foul then he had to give the red card.

Och, Oba's goal. :(

I honestly think Boyce said something untoward to the ref...he seemed to take an age after the foul to give the card (from being at the game).

From where I was sitting in the Gallowgate corner it looked he booked him for the foul & then flashed the red for verbal abuse.