Deutschland vs. England (Wed 19th) - Michael Mancienne called up.

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Jagielka should be in there.

Instead, a Championship (yes I know he's on loan) player is. Ridiculous.

I'll give Capello credit for leaving Beckham out and putting Agbonlahor, Young and Bent in. I would like to think they'd be there if this was a competitive game and not a friendly.

Jagielka has been quality whenever I've seen him this season, probably deserves a call up. Can't really say Capello should get any credit for finally including Agbonlahor and Young, they both should have been in the squad a long time ago.

Jagielka has been quality whenever I've seen him this season, probably deserves a call up. Can't really say Capello should get any credit for finally including Agbonlahor and Young, they both should have been in the squad a long time ago.

I was giving him credit for finally putting them in there. Honestly expected to see the likes of Jenas and Beckham keeping their places instead.

I was giving him credit for finally putting them in there. Honestly expected to see the likes of Jenas and Beckham keeping their places instead.

I just don't think he should be given credit for something he should have done (at least) three months ago.

Other than not including the two of them earlier, I've got no problems with Capello though, 100% confident that he's the right man for the job.

Carrick talking about his call up:

“England against Germany, what a game and who wouldn’t want to be involved in this one?” he said.

“Now I’m back in the England squad I am desperate to stay and hope the World Cup is my stage. Don’t anyone call this a meaningless friendly.”

Carrick’s World Cup dream began back in 1990 when he saw his two Newcastle heroes, Paul Gascoigne and Peter Beardsley, play at Italia 90.

“I always looked up to Gascoigne and Beardsley and my first real memory was that World Cup,” he said. “Ever since I have dreamed it could be me dominating.

“Gazza was England and it was a big thing for me to see him play. My dream started there and it’s been with me ever since.

“I respected Beardsley because of the player he was.”

The backdrop to Berlin is the annual club against country row when England play friendlies.

Carrick’s United team-mates Rooney and Rio Ferdinand are out, although Carrick said: “Sir Alex Ferguson has never put me under pressure not to play in a friendly for England.

“He doesn’t say much to us before we go away. What can he say when you are going away to represent your country? Anyway he has his own agenda with United.”

Carrick’s last appearance for England was in the Wembley friendly against Germany that England lost 2-1.

He added: “Playing in this game would be a great challenge.

“We have made a brilliant start to the group and we have given ourselves a great opportunity.

“There is a positive vibe and belief in the squad. I want to stay part of something we believe can develop into a big and special time.”

One of the few that got away is Carrick could have been massive for us.

If only Shepherd had actually backed his managers instead of pretending to do so by making derisory bids for players that the manager wanted but he didn't...

Guest timmy boy

One of the few that got away is Carrick could have been massive for us.

If only Shepherd had actually backed his managers instead of pretending to do so by making derisory bids for players that the manager wanted but he didn't...

Didn't the same thing happen with Miguel in the same summer? Instead he signed Carr.

Walcott's out.

He's dislocated his shoulder.

Is that something he did in training this week or did he do it at Stoke when he got taken off ?

Done it in training today.

Good god. No wonder Wenger will be going bonkers.