Deutschland vs. England (Wed 19th) - Michael Mancienne called up.

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

James

Richards Ferdinand Terry Cole

Hargreaves

Gerrard

Lampard     

Young                        Cole

Rooney Ranger

Something like that, play the Chelsea-formation.

Possibly with Walcott or SWP instead of Young or Cole and Carrick instead of Hargreaves. RB is also very much up for discussion.

Carrick, Johnson and surprisingly Downing were clearly England's best players.

pmsl at ITV's man of the match being Upson. What the fuck was that about? He was competent in defence (not that England had much to do in that department) and uncomfortable in possession. How does the equal MOTM? :lol:

I thought Gareth Barry was the worst of the outfield players. Absolutely piss poor in the second half.

Carson showed exactly why he plays for West Brom.

Thought Carrick was immense today, didn't think Barry was bad though. They dominated the midfield for most of the game.

Barry was ok in the first half but not as good as the commentators made out and not a patch on Carrick.

In the second half he was awful and should have been dragged off.

Downing has been the best player so far tonight.

WUM.

Are you watching the game, or just biased? If he was called Jonas Gutierrez, you'd be wetting your pants.

Yes, I'm watching the game.

Well in that case you're just wrong.

:lol: Seriously, get a clue, then we'll talk.

Well perhaps if your initial response wasn't so childish (how old are you?), you'd be getting grown up answers.

I'm not going to start bitching back and forth with you. Your statement was stupid. It appears no one agrees with you. Live with it.

I wouldn't call this place a fair sample of footballing opinion, and the fact is that away from here people have been saying that Downing was one of England's better players. Like I said before there seems to be some form of brainless bias aimed against Downing amongst NUFC fans.

Yes, he didn't run at people or run past people, but you can see numerous overrated wingers like N'Zogbia do this with little end product. Downing cleverly linked up with his team mates, passed and moved well, had a couple of decent efforts on goal, and made countless good deliveries into the box both from dead balls and open play. More good deliveries in a game than Jonas, Duff and N'Zogbia have made between themselves all season.

James

Richards Ferdinand Terry Cole

Hargreaves

Gerrard

Lampard      

Young                        Cole

Rooney Ranger

Something like that, play the Chelsea-formation.

Possibly with Walcott or SWP instead of Young or Cole and Carrick instead of Hargreaves. RB is also very much up for discussion.

Hargreaves is so overrated, Carrick for me all day.

Guest firetotheworks

I dont like Downing personally, it still baffles me how he's ahead of Ashley Young in the team. Tonight however I thought he was very good, him or Carrick should have got MOTM.

Does anyone know whether that tosser Butcher shook hands with Maradona ?

Pathetic if he didn't.

I agree.

I want to ask Butcher what he thinks the Cameroonians opinion of Gary Linekar is after he threw himself over to get 2 penalties in the 1990 WC QF. No doubt he has conveniently forgotten things like that.

Guest Stephen927

Downing was fantastic, really offered us width on the left which we haven't had for ages.

His confidence took a bit of a battering during McClarens spell and he did well tonight knowing that a lot of people woudl have been questioning his place in the team. The set piece for our second goal was beautiful.

Butcher fucked off down the tunnel without shaking Maradona's hand.  When asked what he thought of this, Maradona replied with "Who's Butcher? I greeted the Scotland manager, who's Butcher?" :D

Gotta love the lesbian looking legend.

What more would you expect from a SMB. What a pathetic twat.