Deutschland vs. England (Wed 19th) - Michael Mancienne called up.

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Thought Wright-Phillips was frustrating as feck tbh. Bit of a Duff tonight imo. Not quite to the same extent, but a lot of running down blind allies and not a lot of end product. :undecided:

mackems.gif I'm stealing that.

In that his contribution this evening was that he "ran". He didn't do much else tbh, so 'a bit of a Duff' is warranted imo. :smug:

Thought Wright-Phillips was frustrating as feck tbh. Bit of a Duff tonight imo. Not quite to the same extent, but a lot of running down blind allies and not a lot of end product. :undecided:

mackems.gif I'm stealing that.

In that his contribution this evening was that he "ran". He didn't do much else tbh, so 'a bit of a Duff' is warranted imo. :smug:

He pinned the defence back a lot, gave them something to be worried about all game, but didn't get round to contributing to a goal. Isn't that more Jonas like?

Guest LucaAltieri

Terry scoring a goal that shouldn't have counted, to win a game. Well I never. Not complaining mind, I was impressed by what I saw today - Upson and SWP were both very good, as was Gabby A. Downing was better than I expected, but not as good as Young would have been. Very watchable match.

I thought Upson was shite in the first half. Kept putting james under pressure. Didn't inspire any conifdence at all. Second half he was a bit better.

Agbonlahor had a decent game. He's becoming the player Oba should be. He's quick but still bright enough to make some good runs and get on the end of things. Shame his finishing wasn't a touch better.

Terry scoring a goal that shouldn't have counted, to win a game. Well I never. Not complaining mind, I was impressed by what I saw today - Upson and SWP were both very good, as was Gabby A. Downing was better than I expected, but not as good as Young would have been. Very watchable match.

I thought Upson was shite in the first half. Kept putting james under pressure. Didn't inspire any conifdence at all. Second half he was a bit better.

Agbonlahor had a decent game. He's becoming the player Oba should be. He's quick but still bright enough to make some good runs and get on the end of things. Shame his finishing wasn't a touch better.

I mainly had them down as very good because they were much better than I expected. I think Gabby is very much like Oba. Don't think either of them will quite go on to be the player they could be, but both will be very exciting and score a lot of goals.

I thought Upson was s**** in the first half. Kept putting james under pressure. Didn't inspire any conifdence at all. Second half he was a bit better.

Ya but at the end of the day as a striker its more important to score goals and Obas better at that imo

Guest LucaAltieri

Their left back was a joke, kept playing people onside by being about 5 yards behind everyone else. :lol:

Wasn't he their captain?  :lol:

Guest Heneage

I'd start

James, Johnson, Terry, Rio, Bridge, Walcott, Barry Lampard, Gerrard/Young , Rooney,Gabby.

Carson is so poor, why Harpers never been given chance is beyond me.

I'd go -

.......James

Johnson...Terry...Ferdinand....Cole

.....Gerrard....Barry......Lampard

............SWP......Rooney

................Heskey

I don't understand the negativity about SWP. I thought he looked dangerous all evening and was unlucky not to score.

Guest LucaAltieri

I'd go -

.......James

................Heskey

I don't understand the negativity about SWP. I thought he looked dangerous all evening and was unlucky not to score.

When he's fit I'd have Walcott ahead of SWP every time. Same pace but a better touch.

It's not hindsight to ask why the f*** Carson has even been considered. The man's a joke.

aye, on saturday he looked like he'd been made to go in nets at 5 a side, absolutely horrific goalkeeper

great result though, well happy with that

Saw the Argie goal on ITV, with the news reporter saying that "Carlos Tevez for Man Utd was involved in the build up to the goal".. I know it's only a little thing, but do you reckon they do it on purpose? It's far too regular.

Saw the Argie goal on ITV, with the news reporter saying that "Carlos Tevez for Man Utd was involved in the build up to the goal".. I know it's only a little thing, but do you reckon they do it on purpose? It's far too regular.

They are programmed to a) mention anything Man Utd related first and b) ignore anything Newcastle Utd related if its linked to something positive

I'd go -

.......James

................Heskey

When he's fit I'd have Walcott ahead of SWP every time. Same pace but a better touch.

Aaagh. Now that is seriously wrong. Walcott's touch is poor for an international player.

Can't believe that some people would honestly have Glen Johnson in as their first choice England RB. He's gash defensively. I'd take Brown, Neville and Richards ahead of him in a flash.

I find it impossibly difficult to support any team containing Gary Neville

Guest LucaAltieri

I'd go -

.......James

................Heskey

Aaagh. Now that is seriously wrong. Walcott's touch is poor for an international player.

Granted, I don't watch Arsenal every week but whenever I've seen him he's been quality. He looks far more comfortable on the ball than SWP.  He can still run at defences but his latching on to through balls and general passing are better in my opinion. I'd have more faith in him performing on the big stage than SWP.

Ash4 probably knows better than I do, seeing him more often.

Can't believe that some people would honestly have Glen Johnson in as their first choice England RB. He's gash defensively. I'd take Brown, Neville and Richards ahead of him in a flash.

I find it impossibly difficult to support any team containing Gary Neville

It's tough, but at least you'll be supporting a better team than one with Glen Johnson in.

I was forgetting about Richards. He's always done well at RB in my eyes, but clearly not Capello's.

Neville is yesterday's man I think, and Brown isn't good going forward.

Johnson is a risk, but if he can sort himself out between his ears, he's the best of the lot.