If you could have one of them back....

oldtype
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oneywu has always been a mystery to me. He didn't seem spectacular when he was with us but always thought he might be worth another look, yet two years gone and no-one in a major European league has touched him. Is he that bad?

The lad's f***ing huge, you'd think a couple Premier league teams (*cough* Stoke... *cough*) would be willing to offer him a contract on that basis alone.

Maybe he just prefers to compete for the Belgian title with Standard, than compete against relegation with some s*** PL team.

Oneywu has always been a mystery to me. He didn't seem spectacular when he was with us but always thought he might be worth another look, yet two years gone and no-one in a major European league has touched him. Is he that bad?

The lad's f***ing huge, you'd think a couple Premier league teams (*cough* Stoke... *cough*) would be willing to offer him a contract on that basis alone.

why? what good is being huge? He's a liability

pppp

Emre all day someone who could cut a defence open with a pass and works bloody hard.

I can honestly never remember him doing that. Emre was just a pretty grafter really. We don't miss him at all.

:doh:

You can't miss something you've never had, man. He had moments of quality and for ages i thought he was mis-used by managers, putting deep etc, but at the end of the day it didn't really matter. He wasn't a brilliant passer, not a good finisher, nor was he that great a team player. Grafted his bollocks off all day long with flashes of great ability, granted, but not nearly often enough. And he was never fit. He failed to live up to whatever reputation he had every single game he played for us tbh.

Fair comment until your last sentence. He was quality in the odd game, the problem was that he hardly any games at all because of his fitness/injuries. He was hit and miss with the games that he did play. as was the rest of the team really.

pppp

Emre all day someone who could cut a defence open with a pass and works bloody hard.

I can honestly never remember him doing that. Emre was just a pretty grafter really. We don't miss him at all.

You can't miss something you've never had, man. He had moments of quality and for ages i thought he was mis-used by managers, putting deep etc, but at the end of the day it didn't really matter. He wasn't a brilliant passer, not a good finisher, nor was he that great a team player. Grafted his bollocks off all day long with flashes of great ability, granted, but not nearly often enough. And he was never fit. He failed to live up to whatever reputation he had every single game he played for us tbh.

going off what he showed for us he's better than any central midfielder currently at the club, barton included, imo. of course injuries took their toll but Barton is hardly a regular fixture in our side for various reasons either. he's on a different planet to the likes of Guthrie. what i liked about him wasn't his range of passing, though again better than any midfielder we have atm, but the fact he'd take people on and try to move the ball forward, pulling the opposition apart and creating space for others. when he came on against everton last season he won the game for us.

Dyer is often slated too, but, were he fit and playing for us, he'd be one of the first names on the teamsheet. the other from the list that would walk into our side is Faye, and you'd have to say he'd be our best centre-half considering that Colo is showing signs that he hasn't adapted to the league yet.

the others are a pretty mediocre group - but Bramble and Onyewu are interchangeable with Taylor while Milner is comfortably better than Duff and Parker probably better than Butt or Guthrie (at least he can run).

Guest Heneage

pppp

So close then that last sentence.

Youtube Chelsea Newcastle Emre, and retract that last sentence.

Guest The Libertine

only faye at a push. no thanks on the rest.

at a push? are you having a laugh

taylor is loads better, younger and a future captain. i'd rather play him.

Sibierski.

His partnership with Martins was excellent, should have kept him on instead of getting a fat overpaid Viduka.

“I had a great year up there, maybe the best in my career.

“I just tried to be honest, and to be a man. If Newcastle fans see you are not lazy, and trying your best, they will support you.

“It’s sad to see where they are now, because I’m still a big Newcastle fan.

“Every weekend I hope they win, and I look for their result. If they lose, I’m disappointed.

“When I retire, I’m going to go with my son to see Newcastle play, as they’re the team I support.

Le Sib  :'(

Sibierski.

His partnership with Martins was excellent, should have kept him on instead of getting a fat overpaid Viduka.

“I just tried to be honest, and to be a man. If Newcastle fans see you are not lazy, and trying your best, they will support you.

“Every weekend I hope they win, and I look for their result. If they lose, I’m disappointed.

“When I retire, I’m going to go with my son to see Newcastle play, as they’re the team I support.

Give over man. :lol:

Viduka's got more talent in one of his spare tyres than what Sibierski will ever have.

Sibierski.

Give over man. :lol:

Viduka's got more talent in one of his spare tyres than what Sibierski will ever have.

yes... in your dream... fit viduka just a feeble

We're weak at centre back, which is a position where you can't afford to be weak. So Faye, for me.

Closely followed by Dyer, who would give us pace and energy through the centre.

I can't help but feel that both ended up leaving for non-footballing reasons - Faye because he fell out with Keegan, Dyer because he fell out with the fans.