Kinnear hints at January targets...

CPL

Should sign Mario Balotelli on loan, doesnt get game time at Inter, could also see them letting him go on a loan to a club that isnt in the same league.

aye, because we need a forward.

Spot on. Can't go signing good FM players when we actually are crying out for CM's and FB's.

JFK Transfer plan patch update

JOE KINNEAR has revealed Newcastle have shelved their youth-oriented transfer policy while they fight relegation.

Before Kinnear’s arrival, the emphasis from United’s top brass was on buying in young talent who would gain in value, rather than established stars whose price had peaked.

And in his first weeks on Tyneside, Kinnear talked of targeting up-and-coming stars of the Championship.

But the seriousness of the Magpies’ plight in the lower reaches of the Premier League has prompted Kinnear to instruct

director of football Dennis Wise and the rest of the club’s player recruitment team to target only seasoned performers in January.

Holland’s Eredivisie is the latest focus for Kinnear’s scouts following confirmation that he will be in charge at Newcastle during the coming transfer window and beyond.

And the formerly interim manager revealed: “The players we are looking at now have got to be proven — we don’t want to chance our arm with ‘maybes’.

“They are all playing in their sides in Holland. I believe that whoever I have identified will be better than we have got.

Newcastle have previously been linked with Dutch left-backs Urby Emanuelson (Ajax) and Tim De Cler (Feyenoord),

while Wise and his scouting team are big admirers of PSV Eindhoven’s Dirk Marcellis, who can play right across the back four.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2008/11/30/joe-kineear-ditching-youth-to-go-dutch-79310-22369133/

Martins junior? haha  :idiot2:

Beside Nixons comment (a very unlogical and stupid comment) he is a very talented player, absolutley nothing like Martins btw.

Good freekicks, strong player, good shot, techniqual and young with a bright future in the Italian squad.

As a up and coming player he needs to play games, and with the brute force Inter already have, and Mourinhos love to Zlatan + Adriano or Mancini, i think it could be an possibility to get him over here.

And we have a good connection with Martins with the Inter side.

Is he not a slight fast striker that plays off the big man with a good shot but not always consistent? Just because you have Zlatan as your avater don't think you know all about the league. Very good player no doubt whether he will make the Azzuri full time is another matter, he has the potential but on the many occassions i've watched him he trys to do too much, taking corners is not something a striker should be doing.

Saying that the fact he sticks with Adriano is beyond me. He's had more chances than enough and should just do a Nilmar and be done with it.

Do you see you adding in Janaury?

no he's not slight at all. if anything he IS the big man. 6ft 3 and built like a brick shithouse.

:lol: JFK keeps changing his mind where the players he wants are coming from. So we've had the premier league, serie A and now its the dutch league! Whats next? The SPL?!?

Lets just hope he's trying to confuse the media.... but rather than doing that he could just keep his trap shut!!

I remember him saying how important he though Barton was for the team, which makes me think he knows we need an ACM. The worry is he thinks Barton is the man for the job and just waits for him to get fit.

Guest firetotheworks

i'd hardly say players are 'proven' if they're only playing in the dutch league.

My thoughts exactly. What planet is he on where he thinks that we can get 'proven' players? Shit for brains.

i'd hardly say players are 'proven' if they're only playing in the dutch league.

My thoughts exactly. What planet is he on where he thinks that we can get 'proven' players? Shit for brains.

Wasnt Gomes proved in the Dutch league ?

that's who i was thinking of tbh. can't believe spurs managed to get someone worse than Robinson, that's quite the achievement.

:lol: JFK keeps changing his mind where the players he wants are coming from. So we've had the premier league, serie A and now its the dutch league! Whats next? The SPL?!?

Lets just hope he's trying to confuse the media.... but rather than doing that he could just keep his trap shut!!

People used to post about how happy they were with the Ashley regime going about there transfer business all hush. Now with JFK were a fed a daily update of where we are looking. I don't mind as I love reading the tittle tattle. KEEP TALKING JFK!!!

People used to post about how happy they were with the Ashley regime going about there transfer business all hush. Now with JFK were a fed a daily update of where we are looking. I don't mind as I love reading the tittle tattle. KEEP TALKING JFK!!!

Got to be a happy medium of info given out by the club and Kinnear. At the minute he's making his mouth go too much and needs to engage his brain a bit more before speaking. 

Got to be a happy medium of info given out by the club and Kinnear. At the minute he's making his mouth go too much and needs to engage his brain a bit more before speaking. 

It could be car crash next with him on LIVE TV on Goals On Sunday.

It could be car crash next with him on LIVE TV on Goals On Sunday.

Just hope he's tactful. He can't possibly sit there and say nothing but whatever he says will be analysed to fuck.

Beside Nixons comment (a very unlogical and stupid comment) he is a very talented player, absolutley nothing like Martins btw.

Good freekicks, strong player, good shot, techniqual and young with a bright future in the Italian squad.

As a up and coming player he needs to play games, and with the brute force Inter already have, and Mourinhos love to Zlatan + Adriano or Mancini, i think it could be an possibility to get him over here.

Is he not a slight fast striker that plays off the big man with a good shot but not always consistent? Just because you have Zlatan as your avater don't think you know all about the league. Very good player no doubt whether he will make the Azzuri full time is another matter, he has the potential but on the many occassions i've watched him he trys to do too much, taking corners is not something a striker should be doing.

Saying that the fact he sticks with Adriano is beyond me. He's had more chances than enough and should just do a Nilmar and be done with it.

If you cant see the difference between Cambiasso and Zlatan im not the one having problems.

:frantic:

pwned.

If you cant see the difference between Cambiasso and Zlatan im not the one having problems.

pwned.

Haha, brilliant!

Guest Heneage

Oh come on, at the time you had Zlatan! b******.  :lol:

My point on Mario stands.

Isnt he injured again, the whole knee problem?

Think he's fit now, last I heard he was training with Brescia (one of his old clubs) in order to get himself fit for a new club.

Ghana Ghana Footballer of the Year 2005 and 2007, beating the likes of Muntari and Essien. Can't say I've seen much of him but he can't possibly be worse than Butt.

Guest Heneage

My thoughts exactly. What planet is he on where he thinks that we can get 'proven' players? s*** for brains.

He was and he wasn't. His shot stopping abilities are second to none, but the Dutch league is really not as physical in the air as the Premier League he's been known to flap, a prime example was against Tottenham when he almost maimed Salcido on a routine catch.