Kinnear hints at January targets...

CPL

I find it funny that we have gone from signing players out of the blue like Jonas, to Kinnear telling us months in advance who he is going for (to the point just before actually identifying the players by name).

I am a bit confused as to what the club policy is. Was the previous secrecy more by luck than judgement or is JK breaking the clubs policy by talking openly about it  :dontknow:

Risse would be risky, he looked slightly out of his depth for Liverpool imo in all areas bar thumping the ball at goal, and I wouldn't be suprised if he's like the Nicky Butt of left backs/left midfields in terms of only looking half decent at times purely because of being carried by the team around him.

If this is one of Kinnear's targets then it's not a good sign, as the risk with this is pretty high - the risk being that we're going to have yet another Butt/Duff calibre player with similar immobility plodding along in the team in slow motion whilst contributing fuck all in the position they're occupying.

Risse would be risky, he looked slightly out of his depth for Liverpool imo in all areas bar thumping the ball at goal, and I wouldn't be suprised if he's like the Nicky Butt of left backs/left midfields in terms of only looking half decent at times purely because of being carried by the team around him.

If this is one of Kinnear's targets then it's not a good sign, as the risk with this is pretty high - the risk being that we're going to have yet another Butt/Duff calibre player with similar immobility plodding along in the team in slow motion whilst contributing f*** all in the position they're occupying.

Riise has gone backwards a lot.. I've seen enough of him in the last season with liverpool and this term for Roma to be sure in that.. very slow, can't defend, can't dribble, he doesn't even shoot any more.. so he's more like Damien Duff

And the guy that usually keeps him out of the starting line-up is Max Tonetto, who is at least 34 and I've always thought of him as the Italian Stephen Carr

Kinnear has also said:

"I am to work on the assumption that if there is somebody I desperately want, then it is possible he would put his hand in his pocket, providing the sale of the club is not imminent at the time."

Kinnear has also said:

"I am to work on the assumption that if there is somebody I desperately want, then it is possible he would put his hand in his pocket, providing the sale of the club is not imminent at the time."

Quite a few ifs and buts in there :undecided:

Kinnear has also said:

Quite a few ifs and buts in there  :undecided:

I know, I can only guess that things are too uncertain to say one thing or the other.

Kinnear has also said:

Where's the Milner money? Where's the Sky money? Where's the season ticket money?

Ashley has peddled this myth that if he doesn't spend, the club doesn't spend, which is absolute drivel and people have fallen for it. Shepherd never paid out a penny of his own money - the club should be able to spend a decent amount without outside money coming in.

Where's the Milner money? Where's the Sky money? Where's the season ticket money.

Ashley has peddled this myth that if he doesn't spend, the club doesn't spend, which is absolute drivel and people have fallen for it.

I would guess that the Milner money, Sky money and season ticket money is filling some of the void left over fron the £240 million that he's spent.

Has it been posted that Kinnear has been told he has to sell to buy?

Ashley is a fucking leech.

Where has he said Wullie ?

This Transfer window isnt going to be good  :dave:

“I spoke to Dennis last week,” he revealed. “I’m only really getting on board with Dennis now because the (transfer) window’s coming. When I first took the job I didn’t think I’d be here this long so I didn’t really get down to talking about finances and players.

“Now it seems the club won’t be sold, certainly until after Christmas. I’ve got my eye on two or three players we need and two or three to sell. Dennis is now given the task to go and get them, simple as that – and the task of removing some of the players I feel are not good enough.”

During his meeting with Ashley, Kinnear asked the businessman what financial backing, if any, he can expect in January.

“The answer, truthfully, was keep the money you get for the players you sell and invest it back in the team,” Kinnear explained. “If there’s someone I desperately want he’ll possibly put his hand in his pocket providing he’s not near to selling the club.”

When asked who might be sold, Kinnear said: “Not players here (at Stamford Bridge) today, fringe players who won’t be involved, in my opinion, in the first team but we’ve spent a few quid on. If we can get some of that back and replace them with quality players, the squad will be better.”

Where's the Milner money? Where's the Sky money? Where's the season ticket money.

Ashley has peddled this myth that if he doesn't spend, the club doesn't spend, which is absolute drivel and people have fallen for it.

I would guess that the Milner money, Sky money and season ticket money is filling some of the void left over fron the £240 million that he's spent.

So he's keeping the club's money? Like I said - the man is a leech.

£240 million? I thought he hadn't actually payed the debt off?

£240 million? I thought he hadn't actually payed the debt off?

He's paid off about £110M worth iirc but that is now included in his asking price for the club.