LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

It's like Groundhog Day watching Liverpool at Anfield at the moment - they make a load of chances but if the opposition keeper is not outstanding then they hit the post and bar or the finishing is not up to scratch.

Liverpool have been hitting the post and bar? Liverpool have?

We must have hit the fucker 7-8 times in the last 4-5 games :lol:

Actually thought that was a parody one before I went on the BBCSport website and checked  :lol:

I read it, then this post^ and still went to check. Unreal. Pretty close to my last parody write up IIRC.

I like the way that, because it's Liverpool, it's "outstanding goalkeeping performances" and seemingly bad luck which are the reasons they haven't been winning at home.

Not, you know, shit finishing.

As for Newcastle, their victory over a poor Bolton side on Boxing Day was a huge result for them because it meant they got back to winning ways after a six-game wait.

The Magpies are going to be rather in limbo for a few weeks from the middle of January when Demba Ba goes to the Africa Cup of Nations with Senegal, and I cannot see them getting anything from this game either.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As for Newcastle, their victory over a poor Bolton side on Boxing Day was a huge result for them because it meant they got back to winning ways after a six-game wait.

The Magpies are going to be rather in limbo for a few weeks from the middle of January when Demba Ba goes to the Africa Cup of Nations with Senegal, and I cannot see them getting anything from this game either.

It's rather artistic, don't you think? The way he's turned your main strength currently (Ba) into a massive negative. :lol:

It's rather artistic, don't you think? The way he's turned your main strength currently (Ba) into a massive negative. :lol:

It's magic, man. The total irrelevance it has to the game tomorrow is outstanding :lol:

I like the way that, because it's Liverpool, it's "outstanding goalkeeping performances" and seemingly bad luck which are the reasons they haven't been winning at home.

Not, you know, s*** finishing.

It is all the 'keepers' fault tbf :shifty:

It'll be Krul's fault when Liverpool don't qualify for Europe this season.

I hate all this stuff about hitting the post and the bar. Yeh, they hit the post and the bar a lot. That means they aren't striking with sufficient accuracy. They're supposedly top players, put the ball in the net. I don't buy that hitting the post and the bar is completely unlucky - yes, I suppose you were a trifle unfortunate in how close you were to a goal, but considering your highly-paid ability, you should probably sort that out on a regular basis.

i think it's relevant if you're talking about a game, oh we hit the woodwork loads, as it does show you're making chances and getting chances as close to the target as possible. but to use it as an excuse for not picking up points over a number of games is an excuse the likes of Souness would come out with.

Liverpool are great aren't they? I like Liverpool. They're a tight nit, great bunch of guys and I wish them all the best for the rest of the season because they really deserve it.

Suarez should have his ban rescinded as his grandad is black, and Kenny should be given the freedom of Liverpool for his exceptional services to Liverpool. They would be in the top one if it wasn't for all those sensational goalkeepers in the Premier League that has cruelly denying Liverpool three points every week and all those mean players that keep scoring against Liverpool.

Andy Carroll is a goal away from opening the floodgates and once he gets a couple on Friday, he will definitely finish as top goalscorer and then lead Liverpool in the Euro 2012 Championships next June.

Steven Gerrard is back on the telly and it's great. He's definitely the best player ever. I like Steven. He should score one tonight as well, unless the opposition goalkeeper is one of those super goalkeepers that saves everything - the scamps that they are.

I can see this being a comfortable victory for the best team in the world in the best stadium in the world infront of the best fans in the world.

Oh yeah, Scotland or someone is the opposition. They have a guy who's scoring, but he's s*** so they won't win. They lost to Manchester City and Chelsea HAHAHAHAHA.

Liverpool 4-0 Opposition.

Newcastle FC vs United

In the end, Newcastle were beaten comfortably at Anfield on Friday, but that was only because of the impact Steven Gerrard had for Liverpool after coming off the bench.

And I think the Magpies will prove tricky for Manchester United, because they will have a real go up front. Demba Ba leaves for the Africa Cup of Nations soon but he is obviously a man in form and Manchester United are short of numbers at the back too.

There has been talk of Wayne Rooney and Sir Alex Ferguson having a fall-out before Saturday's shock defeat by Blackburn, but if that is the case then I would expect Rooney to return for this game with a point to prove.

Even if Rooney is back, and even if Newcastle don't play well, their work-rate and organisation in all areas means they are difficult to beat.

Prediction: 1-1

I love how his summaries say any old shite but have no bearing on the result he predicts.

"Rooney will be back and have a point to prove" - alarm bells ringing in my head at this point

"...and even if Newcastle don't play well" - uh oh, it's going to be a landslide.

"Prediction: 1-1" - ???????????????