Kinnear signs contract to the end of the season.

fuhg

For the people having a go at Kinnear I hope you get stabbed in the testicles. as for the money, I'm assuming there is some money that wasn't spent due to KK not agreeing with the system and that Kinnear will have little say over who comes in as it will Wise and co. conducting operations so don't spit the dummy just yet. As if we find another Jonas I'm sure we'll all be happy.

Pray tell who will be given the job of Chief Testicle Stabber? That job will have few in the way of perks...

Kinnear is doing a fine job considering the turmoil and unrest. This move signals that Ashley is not confident that the club will be sold by the end of the year and that he feels that a little stability and consistency is warranted, which is true. If the club isn't being sold, then there's no sense in sacking a manager who is obviously popular with the players and is making the best of a bad situation.

There are obviously better managers out there, but I don't understand why anyone would be too worked up about this announcement.

I was so unsurprised it merely raised a nod. No realistic buyer in sight and nobody decent will want the job in these circumstances. I prefer it confirmed rather than listening to pipe dreams every few days for months.

Guest elbee909

Mick and Beermonster then announce their engagement, to much celebration on General Chat.

And you know that just isn't going to happen.  :lol:

Would take a lot of beer, even for a monster of beer.

We need to try and find as many positives as we can out of this season and after this decision today we can try and take that we now have a smidge of stability  :undecided: and manager who has the opportunity he has been asking/crying out for for.

That, I am hoping will push us on enough to relative safety. I just hope JK has the ability and the respect of the players to be able to carry it off.

One of the few actual sensible things to come from the club recently.

We've at least ensured our interim manager can't walk out on us for a permanent job elsewhere.

We've in enough of a hole as it is, having to find another interim manager and start again would probably see us finished.

As a minimum we've got managerial continuity until the club is sold/end of season.

I don't like Kinnear as a person and i think he is a shit manager. But i'm grateful to him, i suppose, for coming in and helping us when no one else would. I've never really said anything other than that. Premiership survival would be a massive achievement for us now though, which is an absolute joke given the quality in the team - which is very high, i don't care what people say.

No doubt, if he's still here in May and we finish 15th, 16th, he'll be heralded as the one who 'kept us up' - which is true in the respect that no one else would. But if we stay up it'll be largely down to the players. We'd have had some (more) pretty fucking awful results against some pretty fucking awful teams if it wasn't for the likes of Owen and Martins.

If we stay up it'll be in spite of the manager, much like 06/07.

Would of been much more surprised if he had been leaving before the end of the season. Good luck to him, doing a good job so far. We can't move forward until we are sold so we will continue to tread water until then. The longer it takes the less chance we have of holding onto certain players and the worse off we will be. Happy days, nice one Mike.

One of the few actual sensible things to come from the club recently.

We've at least ensured our interim manager can't walk out on us for a permanent job elsewhere.

We've in enough of a hole as it is, having to find another interim manager and start again would probably see us finished.

As a minimum we've got managerial continuity until the club is sold/end of season.

That's a very good point actually. He's been strongly linked with the Charlton job this week, so imagine the situation we would have been in had he got fed up with going month-to-month here, and got a longer contract with Charlton? At least this way he's not going to be tempted by a full-time position elsewhere, leaving us in the same position as we were under Hughton.

Perhaps if our spineless owner hadn't shit himself and spat the dummy out (ironic, right?) after a couple of charvas and people with banners had a go, he'd been able to go out and get a decent manager to suit his amazing system instead of creating conditions where we're now scraping the bottom of the barrel like this.

fucking hell dave you've changed your tune since the summer eh?