Derek Llambeezy

Willow

Ashley needs Mort back ASAP. There's a good chance Mort could bridge the gap between the fans and him given time.

Exactly, the problem is as far as he's aware there is no hatred towards Llambias.  All of the anger is directed at him and Wise as most fans have probably never ehard of Llambias.  I think Mort could be tempted to come back in some capacity even if Llambias stays and all Mort does is release statments for the fans to let them know whats going on.

I'm not as anti-Ashley as some, but Llambias looks a horrible appointment. Mort was class as well.

I agree, I think thats pretty much caused all of this crap.  big mistake I just wish he could relaise it but it's probaly not easy to get and MD/ chairman in now with the state the clubs in.  I remember when he came in and tried to get David Dein in, imagine where we'd be now if he'd said yes.

I'm not as anti-Ashley as some, but Llambias looks a horrible appointment. Mort was class as well.

I agree, I think thats pretty much caused all of this crap.  big mistake I just wish he could relaise it but it's probaly not easy to get and MD/ chairman in now with the state the clubs in.  I remember when he came in and tried to get David Dein in, imagine where we'd be now if he'd said yes.

Was that not just paper talk?

Was that not just paper talk?

Nah I'm pretty sure he knocked us back.  Not 100% though.

I still want to know what Llambias does on a daily basis. The only think I can remember him doing/saying officially since his appointment was to do with some charity event. There's keeping things in-house and there's being completely anonymous.

I still want to know what Llambias does on a daily basis. The only think I can remember him doing/saying officially since his appointment was to do with some charity event. There's keeping things in-house and there's being completely anonymous.

He spends most of his time in London,  I bet he basically does sod all and the club runs itself.  Wise probably manages the footballing side of things and the executives will handle the off the field stuff.

Derek Llambias move to step up player hunt

Jan 22 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE UNITED managing director Derek Llambias has moved his office to the club’s training ground to step up efforts to buy new players as time runs out in the transfer window.

Llambias is still in discussions with Peter Lovenkrands’ agent over a move to Tyneside until the end of the season, but so far there have been no new faces through the door at St James’s Park.

Toon boss Joe Kinnear is working with Llambias over transfers as United look to bolster their paper-thin squad before the window slams shut on February 2.

Kinnear told the Chronicle: “Derek’s down here on a permanent basis.

“I’ve moved him to the training ground – I wanted him more hands-on.

“We need to be able to move quickly, and it’s easier to coordinate things if we’re working together at the training ground.

“We’ve made bids for a number of players, and we’re waiting to hear from their clubs.”

Lovenkrands’ agent jetted into Tyneside this week after the Dane impressed Kinnear during a behind-closed-doors friendly match with Carlisle United.

The 28-year-old is a free agent after leaving German club Schalke 04 last month and is keen to sign.

A source close to the Dane said today: “Peter is desperate to sign for Newcastle and wants to show the fans what he is capable of.”

Derek Llambias move to step up player hunt

Jan 22 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE UNITED managing director Derek Llambias has moved his office to the club’s training ground to step up efforts to buy new players as time runs out in the transfer window.

Llambias is still in discussions with Peter Lovenkrands’ agent over a move to Tyneside until the end of the season, but so far there have been no new faces through the door at St James’s Park.

Toon boss Joe Kinnear is working with Llambias over transfers as United look to bolster their paper-thin squad before the window slams shut on February 2.

Kinnear told the Chronicle: “Derek’s down here on a permanent basis.

“I’ve moved him to the training ground – I wanted him more hands-on.

“We need to be able to move quickly, and it’s easier to coordinate things if we’re working together at the training ground.

“We’ve made bids for a number of players, and we’re waiting to hear from their clubs.”

Lovenkrands’ agent jetted into Tyneside this week after the Dane impressed Kinnear during a behind-closed-doors friendly match with Carlisle United.

The 28-year-old is a free agent after leaving German club Schalke 04 last month and is keen to sign.

A source close to the Dane said today: “Peter is desperate to sign for Newcastle and wants to show the fans what he is capable of.”

Wahey!!! Did you not think it was a good idea to do that in the first place! And does it not speak volumes that the 1st team coach is on his knee's having to drag you down here, t***.