Mido chants to be investigated by the FA

Guest nufc_kev

NEWCASTLE United has issued the following statement after arrests made for racial chanting at Saturday's Tyne-Tees derby ...

"Newcastle United will not tolerate any form of racist behaviour and will continue to work closely with the authorities and anti-racism organisations to rid sport and society of racism.

"The Club condemns any form of racist chanting and any individual found guilty of such an offence will be banned from St. James' Park."

:thup:

You would of thought people would have worked it out after last year that this football banter towards Mido may be classed as over the mark by some. No sympathy whatsoever with anyone who gets arrested because of this palaver.

Probably because last time, as this, it isn't believed to be a racial chant by most (it isn't), and also it isn't believed by most to be construed as being offensive (it could). Therefore it. or a variation of last years chant, got a quick airing.

Both side of this argument have valid points, but while it wasn't big or clever to shout what was shouted, it also wasn't said out of our crowds rampant islamaphobia either.

You would of thought people would have worked it out after last year that this football banter towards Mido may be classed as over the mark by some. No sympathy whatsoever with anyone who gets arrested because of this palaver.

Probably because last time, as this, it isn't believed to be a racial chant by most (it isn't), and also it isn't believed by most to be construed as being offensive (it could). Therefore it. or a variation of last years chant, got a quick airing.

Both side of this argument have valid points, but while it wasn't big or clever to shout what was shouted, it also wasn't said out of our crowds rampant islamaphobia either.

Yeah that is where being an adult & showing a bit common sense kicks in because after it blew up last year, just maybe people should of figured it out that maybe the majority could be wrong in some small way or lack a bit of understanding so play it safe & dont chant it & stick to calling shite or a fat bastard.

NEWCASTLE United has issued the following statement after arrests made for racial chanting at Saturday's Tyne-Tees derby ... football match.

"Newcastle United will not tolerate any form of racist behaviour and will continue to work closely with the authorities and anti-racism organisations to rid sport and society of racism.

"The Club condemns any form of racist chanting and any individual found guilty of such an offence will be banned from St. James' Park."

:thup:

fixed, otherwise spot on. :aww:

The last thing we need.

Morons.

Pointless reacting until we know what it was the were chanting.

If it was the Mido stuff, not sure how that would stand up with the 'racial chanting' accusation.

Have you ever been arrested and subsequently charged with racial chanting by police? I haven't.

Morons.

What about innocence 'til proven guilty?

Also, was the chant "Mido - Paedo"? Watched the game yesterday, thought that I might heard that, wasn't sure though.

Yeah that is where being an adult & showing a bit common sense kicks in because after it blew up last year, just maybe people should of figured it out that maybe the majority could be wrong in some small way or lack a bit of understanding so play it safe & dont chant it & stick to calling s**** or a fat b******.

I agree completely, it wasn't clever, but neither does it merit the reaction it got from those who should know better (anti-racist organisations, not posters on here!).

Guest Wally_McFool

However dumb and offensive those alleged chants were, I am of the opinion that  Mido's claim that

"They kept chanting disgusting words, racist words about Islam " is untrue.

Scroll down a little bit to see the Quote of the Day section and an opinion about this matter from someone who writes for a newspaper of repute.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/fiver

What the f***, chanting about Islam is not f***ing racist because Islam is a f***ing religion. f***s sake. Christ I hate the useless police.

Wasn't the chanting about his resemblance to Richard Reid the shoebomber?  Was Islam specifically mentioned (haven't seen what the chant consisted of)?

I'm not really sure about this whole thing. It obviously started due to resemblance to Richard Reid. I think a few spurs fans on here have confirmed they heard it long before we chanted it. But I'm not sure the majority of our fans would know who Richard Reid is, so it would be tough to argue that point.

However, if we were all racist twats we would be also signing 'Zaki, he's a got a bomb, you know' and would have sung 'Domi, he's a got a bomb, you know'. So I'm not sure the whole 'Islamaphobic' thing sticks either. I'm not even sure the majority of our supporters would even think that hard about a chant. Most likely explanation is that someone who knew about the Reid resemblance started the chant and then it caught on as Mido is the sort of twat people like to hate.

I'm more than a little pissed off that Mido is crying about this. He more than likely never even heard the chanting but thought he would make a fuss about it when someone mentioned it to him. I find it embarrassing that he even thinks he can stand up for his religion in this manner. It's common knowledge that he was a party boy twat while at Ajax and that his religion meant very little to him. Still, since he's shit and everyone in Egypt is bored with him, it probably makes him look good to moan about being persecuted and play the martyr.

Political correctness gone mad and the FA being fucking girls has led to a situation where arrests are being made for pretty much nothing. It will be interesting to see if any convictions stick, as it would set a dangerous precedent. What next, arrests for chanting that Posh takes it up the arse?

Guest The Wise Guy

First of all, I didnt hear what the chants sounds like. To be honest, I didnt hear any chants about Islam or chants that may sound like racists to a particular group or religion because I was busy watching the match but if that was to be the case, which it seems like it after the arrest of 2 people, then I would be very disappointed. They didnt say that the guys arrested were supporting our club but that is what Im hearing. I agree with a previous post that chanting about Islam is not racists but if there are elements in the chantings that might suggest to being racist, then of course they should be punished accordingly. If you want to know what exactly the chants sounds like, then you can always visit the court next week during their hearing.

Exactly. They are fucking plebs who have put the club in the spotlight for the wrong reason again. There's no way I'm going to wring my hands on their behalf.

Joke tbh. There was no racism in it at all, it wasn't sung in a malicious manner, was just a bit of banter. Don't know how they can justify arresting 2 people when there were at least 500 singing it.

What the f***, chanting about Islam is not f***ing racist because Islam is a f***ing religion. f***s sake. Christ I hate the useless police.

aside from the fact the chanting wasn't even about islam either i couldn't agree more more with your sentiment, PC cunts want to get fucked

Joke tbh. There was no racism in it at all, it wasn't sung in a malicious manner, was just a bit of banter. Don't know how they can justify arresting 2 people when there were at least 500 singing it.

I wondered how they could arrest 2 people when there were considerably more than that singing the bomb thing around me.  Also, with Mido being at the other end of the pitch, would he have heard it.

However, I did see some mention of some "racist behaviour" when he was warming up - maybe something was said then for which the 2 were arrested.

I wondered how they could arrest 2 people when there were considerably more than that singing the bomb thing around me.  Also, with Mido being at the other end of the pitch, would he have heard it.

However, I did see some mention of some "racist behaviour" when he was warming up - maybe something was said then for which the 2 were arrested.

Going from the post above yours the cops will be looking for the other 8 (EIGHT) people.

This is doing the rounds here in the gulf aswell, so now we're being branded as an islamophobic/xenophobic/racist (pick whichever one you think fits) football club.

So cheers for tarnishing our name lads. 'Mido is a shoe-bomber' LOLOLOLOLOL hysterical.

This is doing the rounds here in the gulf aswell, so now we're being branded as an islamophobic/xenophobic/racist (pick whichever one you think fits) football club.

So cheers for tarnishing our name lads. 'Mido is a shoe-bomber' LOLOLOLOLOL hysterical.

That should help us land an arab buyer...but hey it was just a bit of harmless fun! (again).

I was on the left hand side n there were definitely more than 10 people singing. I didn't see/hear anything when he was warming up, if that was when people are in trouble for. When he was coming on it sounded like at least 50 were singing it. Still maintain it was harmless fun on their part and in no way malicious or racially motivated.

That should help us land an arab buyer...but hey it was just a bit of harmless fun! (again).

I think that got a but scuppered when Ashley made his "I am not looking for Newcastle shareholders in a cave in Afghanistan" comment tbh.