Kinnear Out

oldtype

NE5, let me summarize your argument for you.

"Blaming our recent results on Joe Kinnear would mean blaming the s*** the club is in on somebody who's name is not Mike Ashley. I cannot stand for that! Therefore I cannot allow you to criticize Kinnear when it's clearly all Ashley's fault."

Here's a news flash for you: they're both to blame, they're both at fault. They both need to go.

Unfortunately we can't sack the owner of the club, but we can sack the manager.

Do you think Kinnear would have gotten better results and taken this club places if he was under Freddy Shepherd?

Joe Kinnear would undoubtedly be getting better results if he was backed by his board/manager. Does that makes sense to you or not ?

Do you think Joe Kinnear would get what you deem as "the results we deserve" if he was backed by an "ambitious" board?

All of this, of course, is meaningless. The question we should be asking is whether he's the right person for us here and now. Is he going to save us from relegation under the s*** board we currently have?

Do you think so?

Is anybody else going to save us under the s*** board here and now? Is it guaranteed?

I refuse to believe that there is no one who would come here.

There are plenty of managers, both employed and unemployed, who would jump through hoops to manage a Premiership team, even a shit one like us.

Are they guaranteed successes? Of course not. But Kinnear at the moment looks like guaranteed failure.

Sometimes you need to roll the hard six.

If the squad isnt improved with 3 or 4 experienced players, no one can save us

Bullshit. Read off the squad lists of Blackburn, Stoke, Hull, or WBA today. Our squad is far from perfect but it's more than good enough to stay up.

There are problems in the squad, the biggest problem, and the most easily rectifiable, is manager.

"Blaming our recent results on Joe Kinnear would mean blaming the s*** the club is in on somebody who's name is not Mike Ashley. I cannot stand for that! Therefore I cannot allow you to criticize Kinnear when it's clearly all Ashley's fault."

Here's a news flash for you: they're both to blame, they're both at fault. They both need to go.

Do you think Kinnear would have gotten better results and taken this club places if he was under Freddy Shepherd?

Joe Kinnear would undoubtedly be getting better results if he was backed by his board/manager. Does that makes sense to you or not ?

Do you think Joe Kinnear would get what you deem as "the results we deserve" if he was backed by an "ambitious" board?

All of this, of course, is meaningless. The question we should be asking is whether he's the right person for us here and now. Is he going to save us from relegation under the s*** board we currently have?

Do you think so?

Is anybody else going to save us under the s*** board here and now? Is it guaranteed?

There are plenty of managers, both employed and unemployed, who would jump through hoops to manage a Premiership team, even a shit one like us.

Are they guaranteed successes? Of course not. But Kinnear at the moment looks like guaranteed failure.

The only thing that is going to improve the results is a couple of signings to fill the glaring gaps in the squad. Without that being addressed you can bring Brian Clough back from the dead and we still won't win games.

Do you think so?

There are plenty of managers, both employed and unemployed, who would jump through hoops to manage a Premiership team, even a s*** one like us.

The only thing that is going to improve the results is a couple of signings to fill the glaring gaps in the squad. Without that being addressed you can bring Brian Clough back from the dead and we still won't win games.

New signings won't do shit unless they're being managed by someone competent.

Hell, new signings won't even come knowing they'll be managed by Kinnear.

We have to attack the root of the problem, which is Kinnear. (Well actually, it's Ashley, but we can't do much about him so we'll have to settle for second best.)(

Bullshit. Read off the squad lists of Blackburn, Stoke, Hull, or WBA today. Our squad is far from perfect but it's more than good enough to stay up.

There are problems in the squad, the biggest problem, and the most easily rectifiable, is manager.

Its not bullshit. Its wafer thin. We need bodies in.

Its not bullshit. Its wafer thin. We need bodies in.

It's thin in certain areas, but it's not a squad that should be looking like dead certs for relegation.

And we wouldn't be if we had a competent manager in charge.

Guest Howaythetoon

If Ashley and Co are to run the club the way they have been doing then yes there will be no fucker willing to take the job on so Kinnear really is as good as it gets for us until Ashley goes or changes the entire way he and his cronies run the club. We all know that's unlikely so Kinnear it is. I don't rate the man at all, he's a worse manager than Souness put it that way, but if he were to get the sack or walked, we'd struggle to fill his position with anyone even moderately better. Kinnear has to go long-term but for now, its those above him who need removed first before as a club we can get away from this mess and move on forward.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'd be delighted with Steve Bruce. Just what we need.

I think Bruce would come here although the current role of Wise might need redefining first.

Why would he come here?

Because with Palacios, Valencia, Zak and Heskey all on their way, he has no chance of sustaining what he has and he knows it.

However, I dont know whether i would have him here, purely because i would feel sorry for anyone who has to work for the cowboys we have in charge

Why would he come here?

Because he supported the club and regrets turning us down the first time, I don't think he'd do the same again but changes would need to be made and he wouldn't come cheap.

I didn`t know what thread to put this in.

I don`t understand what all the extra fuss and need to sack and protest every other month is all about. Looking at the league we are only 8 points from 7th with 16 games left.  Theres 14 teams all on similar points, all of us could completely switch places every other week like we are at the moment.  If anyone thinks we have any right to be anywhere near the top 6 then you need your heads checked.  Nothings changed in the last 5 years, why is everyone acting so shocked you should be used to it by now. We always have 11 players injured, we always field a different team every week, we always have a different manager every year, referees always award bullshit pens and red cards against us and we are always in the goal of the month at least twice everytime with a wonder/freak goal scored against us.

I also think all the teams are more equal this season in terms of skill level.

Why so much knee jerk this year ?

Guest elbee909

I didn`t know what thread to put this in.

I don`t understand what all the extra fuss and need to sack and protest every other month is all about. Looking at the league we are only 8 points from 7th with 16 games left.  Theres 14 teams all on similar points, all of us could completely switch places every other week like we are at the moment.  If anyone thinks we have any right to be anywhere near the top 6 then you need your heads checked.  Nothings changed in the last 5 years, why is everyone acting so shocked you should be used to it by now. We always have 11 players injured, we always field a different team every week, we always have a different manager every year, referees always award bullshit pens and red cards against us and we are always in the goal of the month at least twice everytime with a wonder/freak goal scored against us.

I also think all the teams are more equal this season in terms of skill level.

Why so much knee jerk this year ?

I think it's something to do with losing or drawing against the teams we absolutely need to be beating.

Why would he come here?

Because he supported the club and regrets turning us down the first time, I don't think he'd do the same again but changes would need to be made and he wouldn't come cheap.

He wouldn't come here then.

He wouldn't come here then.

If we made the changes then I think he would, would we make the changes?  I think if Kinnear fails, and he does look as if he will then they'll have to because I think they'll struggle with our current setup.

If Kinnear fails we'll be in the fizzy pop league. Bruce wouldn't come then, no matter what changes we made.

I'd be very surprised if he was here at the end of the season if we go down.  I think he's currently being judged on league position rather than points gained.

I'd be delighted with Steve Bruce. Just what we need.

I think Bruce would come here although the current role of Wise might need redefining first.

oh dear. Under the old "embarrassed" days, you wouldn't have accepted that.

Is it because you aren't embarrassed anymore ?

All of this, of course, is meaningless. The question we should be asking is whether he's the right person for us here and now. Is he going to save us from relegation under the shit board we currently have?

Do you think so?

ah well, if you are still denying the ability to buy better footballers is crucial to the chances a manager has of succeeding or getting better results, then you [if you did] and the others [who definietly did] that backed the "long term plan" and still subscribe to it etc and all this bollocks, should stop complaining and get on with looking ahead to our rosy future.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Shall I just lock this here then?

Why not?

It would be typical of us to just brush things under the carpet and carry on as usual. We're thick northerners

Shall I just lock this here then?

Why not?

It would be typical of us to just brush things under the carpet and carry on as usual. We're thick northerners

its only because its me  :coolsmiley:

oh dear. Under the old "embarrassed" days, you wouldn't have accepted that.

Is it because you aren't embarrassed anymore ?

I would say he's a step up from Souness, Roeder and Allardyce.