Kinnear Out

oldtype

i think it is pathetic and disrespectfull of jfk to play the "they are not my players card" - no, but you fuckin well knew that when you took over you w*****

He seems to be deflecting responsibility from himself to the players and therefore if we go down he can say "well its got nothing to do with me i didnt buy them".

Guest Stephen927

He's right they aren't his players, but it's his job as manager until the end of the season to try and get the best out of them.

i think it is pathetic and disrespectfull of jfk to play the "they are not my players card" - no, but you fuckin well knew that when you took over you w*****

exactly;

it's his job to motivate the players and choose the right strategy and tactics for them to win games.

Exactly, surley any top manager would see it as a challenge to overcome & get the best out of them, and build them up.

JFK in The People " I've inherited this everyone forgets that, they're not my players. Why wasn't it addressed prior to me by the manager before ? I'm carrying the can for it, simple as that.

He then goes on to say he has had to be paint the picture for people to understand. Has the ED(f) not helped paint it? Or results?

Told Man City after the £3 million for Shay he would have Ireland & Johnson for £1 million.

M'Bia wants to come but Rennes are taking the piss.

Full article:

Joe Kinnear's amazing swipe at Kevin Keegan

By Paul Chant

Joe Kinnear has risked the wrath of the Geordie nation by blaming Kevin Keegan for Newcastle's relegation worries.

Toon boss Kinnear claims his predecessor Keegan, still regarded as the Messiah by many on Tyneside, is to blame for not sorting out the "relegation squad" he inherited when he took over at St James' Park in September.

Keegan quit Newcastle, angrily claiming he did not have the final say in transfer dealings.

But Kinnear, who is being frustrated in his efforts to improve Newcastle's squad in the transfer window, claims he is 'carrying the can' for Keegan.

And in a ruthless assessment of his squad that will be unlikely to endear him to his own players, Kinnear said: "I've inherited this, everyone's forgot that, they're not my players. Why wasn't it addressed prior to me arriving by the manager before? I'm carrying the can for it, simple as that.

"There's no ifs and buts things have to be done. People think things will turn out OK whatever happens but I don't believe it will.

"I've spent more time spelling it out to people than any other manager. I've had to paint the gravity of the situation, yes. I tell them at every match.

"I want to be judged on the players I bring in. At the moment, in terms of depth, the club's not right. What I inherited was potentially a relegation squad."

Kinnear also blasted Manchester City, who bid only £3million for Toon keeper Shay Given while making their world-record £110m offer for Kaka.

He said: "We got offered £3m for Shay Given so I went back to Manchester City and said I'll have Stephen Ireland and Michael Johnson for £1m. If they're taking the p*** then I might as well."

Kinnear also admitted he is struggling to agree a deal with French club Rennes for their midfielder Stephane Mbia. He said: "We've made a bid of £5m and according to his agent the player wants to come. But his club want £10m."

JFK in The People " I've inherited this everyone forgets that, they're not my players. Why wasn't it addressed prior to me by the manager before ? I'm carrying the can for it, simple as that.

He then goes on to say he has had to be paint the picture for people to understand. Has the ED(f) not helped paint it? Or results?

Told Man City after the £3 million for Shay he would have Ireland & Johnson for £1 million.

M'Bia wants to come but Rennes are taking the piss.

Full article:

Joe Kinnear's amazing swipe at Kevin Keegan

By Paul Chant

Joe Kinnear has risked the wrath of the Geordie nation by blaming Kevin Keegan for Newcastle's relegation worries.

Toon boss Kinnear claims his predecessor Keegan, still regarded as the Messiah by many on Tyneside, is to blame for not sorting out the "relegation squad" he inherited when he took over at St James' Park in September.

Keegan quit Newcastle, angrily claiming he did not have the final say in transfer dealings.

But Kinnear, who is being frustrated in his efforts to improve Newcastle's squad in the transfer window, claims he is 'carrying the can' for Keegan.

And in a ruthless assessment of his squad that will be unlikely to endear him to his own players, Kinnear said: "I've inherited this, everyone's forgot that, they're not my players. Why wasn't it addressed prior to me arriving by the manager before? I'm carrying the can for it, simple as that.

"There's no ifs and buts things have to be done. People think things will turn out OK whatever happens but I don't believe it will.

"I've spent more time spelling it out to people than any other manager. I've had to paint the gravity of the situation, yes. I tell them at every match.

"I want to be judged on the players I bring in. At the moment, in terms of depth, the club's not right. What I inherited was potentially a relegation squad."

Kinnear also blasted Manchester City, who bid only £3million for Toon keeper Shay Given while making their world-record £110m offer for Kaka.

He said: "We got offered £3m for Shay Given so I went back to Manchester City and said I'll have Stephen Ireland and Michael Johnson for £1m. If they're taking the p*** then I might as well."

Kinnear also admitted he is struggling to agree a deal with French club Rennes for their midfielder Stephane Mbia. He said: "We've made a bid of £5m and according to his agent the player wants to come. But his club want £10m."

Do you not want to ask Dennis about what happened then?

Interesting that he blames KK - but they weren't his players either (perhaps bar Guthrie) The real protagonist here, Wise remains free from criticism. He should carry the can.

Interesting that he blames KK - but they weren't his players either (perhaps bar Guthrie) The real protagonist here, Wise remains free from criticism. He should carry the can.

Exactly, and Llambias it seems. Joe, your complaining about the same thing Keegan was complaining about!

Why isnt there a bloody minutes, hours & days clock on SSN since the last time Wise/Llambias & co actually said anything?? There should be massive questioning about them in the media etc.

That's a ridiculous thing to come out and say publically. If he genuinely thinks that's the case then he's got a right to his opinion - but he shouldn't have come out and started blaming the last manager. He's in charge and he is judged on what happens on the field and over the last 4 weeks it's starting to unravel.

Now isn't the time for pointing fingers, shifting blame and squabbling like kids. Manager, owner, chairman and players ALL need to stand up and take a bit of responsibility for the mess we're in.

He is right in a sense we have had that many managers in such a short time we have remnants of 4 managers players and its all just a big fkin mess, get rid of joe after he has brought a few in and we will have 5 managers players it such afkin mess

Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear has hit out at his predecessors Sam Allardyce and Kevin Keegan.

The Magpies boss saw his side slip to a 3-0 defeat at Blackburn on Saturday, ironically now managed by Allardyce.

Kinnear took charge in September when Keegan left the club after a dispute with owner Mike Ashley.

But the Irishman insists he should not be judged on the current squad, as he is not responsible for assembling it.

"I've inherited this," he said in the Sunday Mirror. "They are not my players, everybody has forgotten that.

"But our biggest problem is a lack of strength in depth. Why wasn't it addressed by the last manager Keegan or the manager before him Allardyce?

"I am carrying the can for it. It is as simple as that.

"People think things will turn out okay whatever happens, but I don't believe they will. We must do something about it.

"The squad has to be strengthened, there are no ifs and buts about it. I have expressed it to (owner) Mike Ashley and he is very open about it.

Funds

"People have said that previous managers maybe didn't get what they want. I don't believe that will happen to me. I haven't got any reason to think he won't go my way.

"I have probably spent more time spelling it out to him than any other manager.

"I see him regularly and talk to him regularly. I have spelled out the gravity of the situation.

"I say, 'we're not prepared for anything like the disaster we face and you've got to realise the importance of that'.

"I want to be judged on what I bring in, the depth of the first-team squad is not right at the moment.

"What I inherited was potentially a relegation squad. With the injuries, once they came, we were in deep trouble.

"We must look to stay up this season and have a big clear-out in the summer and address everything completely differently.

"We need to get the squad back in shape and make sure we have appropriate cover in every position. We need to take a leaf out of the book of the other top clubs.

"They don't seem to have a problem like we do."

More quotes. He hasnt got a fucking clue.

"I see him regularly and talk to him regularly. I have spelled out the gravity of the situation.

JFK has to not only tell but spell it out to Mike Ashley we are in the shit :yikes:  I wonder if the MD or the ED (F) have tried to make the owner aware of the problems .

So the regime consists of the manager having to remind and educate the board every month about the footballing situation at the club?

What would have happened if Kinnear hadnt called that 'emergency meeting'?

And yes ask wise & llambias why you dont have any cover for LB & RB and a top quality centre midfielder, its what Keegan was asking the morning after deadline day after bieng assured selling Milner would mean more quality coming in!

The more I read, the more it dawns on me just how bad a position we really are in. More and more as the days go by I can see us in the Championship next season. I agree with whoever said that everyone at the club: manager, players and board need to take responsibility for the shit we are in and try sort it out before its too late. Im even begining to wonder whether to travel the 300 miles to watch the Sunderland game just because I cant stand the thought of the Mackem scum destroying us at St. James'.

The more I read, the more it dawns on me just how bad a position we really are in. More and more as the days go by I can see us in the Championship next season.

Lincs you can see it but can you get your head round JFK is having to spell it out to the owner!!!!

Thats probably the worst thing that the owner is so damn clueless JFk is having to spell out to him just how deep in the shit we are. Good job weve made so many signings upto now to strengthen the squad and get us out of this shit..............................................Oh wait!  :doh:

I don't like Joe Kinnear and we all know his many, many limitations but at least he seems like the only person at the club who is genuinely trying his hardest. If everyone else had his determination, his fire and passion we probably wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. Too many hangers on who don't give a shit.

Speaking on the BBC’s Match of the Day programme, he voiced his concerned about his former side, saying, “It's very frustrating to see the goals they conceded, to see the players fighting amongst themselves. It's not looking good.”

Yesterday’s defeat follows a 1-0 loss to Hull City in midweek that saw them knocked out of the FA Cup and means the Magpies have now gone six games without a win.

Despite having confirmed Kinnear as manager until the end of the season and owner Mike Ashley having taken the club off the market, the problems remain on Tyneside and Shearer admitted he was worried about the future.

“They are out of the cup, the manager gets sent off in midweek, Nicky Butt gets sent off, they concede three goals, players want to leave,” he said.

“It's not a nice situation. I'm worried and I really don't think I'm the only one. I think there are 52,000 people worried as well at the current situation.”

Quotes from Shearer last night.

How about instead of moaning like the rest of us, you do something about it? JFK's offered you the chance to go in and work alongside him instead of sitting on your a*se.

Just cos he's Alan Shearer doesn't mean he has a unconditional duty to try and help us out. He'll stay clear for his own good and he does right. Why the fuck would he come and work under this mess under that mug?

JFK has to not only tell but spell it out to Mike Ashley we are in the shit :yikes:  I wonder if the MD or the ED (F) have tried to make the owner aware of the problems .

That's the bit that stood out for me. He's having a go at the system that built (or didn't build) this squad rather than the past manager IMO.