Kinnear Out

oldtype

Speaking on the BBC’s Match of the Day programme, he voiced his concerned about his former side, saying, “It's very frustrating to see the goals they conceded, to see the players fighting amongst themselves. It's not looking good.”

Yesterday’s defeat follows a 1-0 loss to Hull City in midweek that saw them knocked out of the FA Cup and means the Magpies have now gone six games without a win.

Despite having confirmed Kinnear as manager until the end of the season and owner Mike Ashley having taken the club off the market, the problems remain on Tyneside and Shearer admitted he was worried about the future.

“They are out of the cup, the manager gets sent off in midweek, Nicky Butt gets sent off, they concede three goals, players want to leave,” he said.

“It's not a nice situation. I'm worried and I really don't think I'm the only one. I think there are 52,000 people worried as well at the current situation.”

Quotes from Shearer last night.

How about instead of moaning like the rest of us, you do something about it? JFK's offered you the chance to go in and work alongside him instead of sitting on your a*se.

:rolleyes:

Just cos he's Alan Shearer doesn't mean he has a unconditional duty to try and help us out. He'll stay clear for his own good and he does right. Why the f*** would he come and work under this mess under that mug?

Of course he doesn't have a duty to help us out. But he's sitting there moaning about it on national TV, when if he was as concerned as he's making out, he'd be wanting to do something to try and help it...something JFK has openly offered him the chance to do.

Speaking on the BBC’s Match of the Day programme, he voiced his concerned about his former side, saying, “It's very frustrating to see the goals they conceded, to see the players fighting amongst themselves. It's not looking good.”

Yesterday’s defeat follows a 1-0 loss to Hull City in midweek that saw them knocked out of the FA Cup and means the Magpies have now gone six games without a win.

Despite having confirmed Kinnear as manager until the end of the season and owner Mike Ashley having taken the club off the market, the problems remain on Tyneside and Shearer admitted he was worried about the future.

“They are out of the cup, the manager gets sent off in midweek, Nicky Butt gets sent off, they concede three goals, players want to leave,” he said.

“It's not a nice situation. I'm worried and I really don't think I'm the only one. I think there are 52,000 people worried as well at the current situation.”

Quotes from Shearer last night.

How about instead of moaning like the rest of us, you do something about it? JFK's offered you the chance to go in and work alongside him instead of sitting on your a*se.

Dont think AS popping in on a part time basis is going to make a difference. Maybe sacking Wise & letting JFK go at the end of the season & Al may be willing to take the gig but I doubt he will work for this crowd.

Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear has hit out at his predecessors Sam Allardyce and Kevin Keegan.

The Magpies boss saw his side slip to a 3-0 defeat at Blackburn on Saturday, ironically now managed by Allardyce.

Kinnear took charge in September when Keegan left the club after a dispute with owner Mike Ashley.

But the Irishman insists he should not be judged on the current squad, as he is not responsible for assembling it.

"I've inherited this," he said in the Sunday Mirror. "They are not my players, everybody has forgotten that.

"But our biggest problem is a lack of strength in depth. Why wasn't it addressed by the last manager Keegan or the manager before him Allardyce?

"I am carrying the can for it. It is as simple as that.

"People think things will turn out okay whatever happens, but I don't believe they will. We must do something about it.

"The squad has to be strengthened, there are no ifs and buts about it. I have expressed it to (owner) Mike Ashley and he is very open about it.

Funds

"People have said that previous managers maybe didn't get what they want. I don't believe that will happen to me. I haven't got any reason to think he won't go my way.

"I have probably spent more time spelling it out to him than any other manager.

"I see him regularly and talk to him regularly. I have spelled out the gravity of the situation.

"I say, 'we're not prepared for anything like the disaster we face and you've got to realise the importance of that'.

"I want to be judged on what I bring in, the depth of the first-team squad is not right at the moment.

"What I inherited was potentially a relegation squad. With the injuries, once they came, we were in deep trouble.

"We must look to stay up this season and have a big clear-out in the summer and address everything completely differently.

"We need to get the squad back in shape and make sure we have appropriate cover in every position. We need to take a leaf out of the book of the other top clubs.

"They don't seem to have a problem like we do."

More quotes. He hasnt got a fucking clue.

a lot of sense in what he's saying there after the stupid comment about them not being his players (great way to motivate the squad shit for brains). looks to me like he is getting desperate and is doing this to provoke ashley into giving him more money, again drumming in the fact that ashley has had to have this spelled out to him.

Those comments kinnear has just come out with are as good as saying he can't fix it. He's only been here about 12 weeks and he's making all the noises of a man admitting defeat - 'but it's not my fault'. IF it's all designed to get some movement out of the Ashley system then I wish him luck, but he's not sounding too clever to me.

Guest Sniffer

Kinnear signed ameobi to another three years. If that is the type of player he wants then he is no better than than the managers he's criticising. Which we all know that he isn't of course.

Kinnear signed ameobi to another three years. I.

Do you really think the owner & ED(F) are letting a bloke on a short term deal sign players up?

I think the club signed Shola up as they know Owen, Viduka & Xisco will not be at the club next season.

Guest Howaythetoon

Kinnear will walk pretty soon in my opinion. He's basically being asked to put out flames with a can of petrol. He's cracking under the pressure and there doesn't seem to be any support coming from the above while the players don't really give a damn.

Now he really is a s*** manager but he is among a handful at the club who cares about what happens to the club and I really do feel for him and feel bad for the stick I've dished out to him and the harsh critical way I've been judging him in the past.

I don't think he's blaming KK by the way, I think its a swipe at those above more than anything.

Welcome to NUFC Joe, this really is what its like at this club mate.

"But our biggest problem is a lack of strength in depth. Why wasn't it addressed by the last manager or the manager before him?"

Ask your boss. Keegan was saying all summer long how the squad needed strengthening, particularly at fullback. It simply didn't happen.

Wise will be manager within 2 months tbh

Would anyone take Wise over Kinnear? Although a large proportion of fans would be against it and it could be yet another disastor I can't see us doing anything better under Kinnear.

Guest Sniffer

Do you really think the owner & ED(F) are letting a bloke on a short term deal sign players up?

I think the club signed Shola up as they know Owen, Viduka & Xisco will not be at the club next season.

The club being...?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7836117.stm

Kinnear admits he fears the Magpies could drop to the Championship next season.

"I lie in bed and worry and dread this situation. I'm a proud fella and I don't want to be relegated," he said.

Even the manager thinks we might get relegated!

Funny because yesterday on SSN he said he could promise us we wouldnt go down.

Kinnear will walk pretty soon in my opinion. He's basically being asked to put out flames with a can of petrol. He's cracking under the pressure and there doesn't seem to be any support coming from the above while the players don't really give a damn.

Now he really is a s*** manager but he is among a handful at the club who cares about what happens to the club and I really do feel for him and feel bad for the stick I've dished out to him and the harsh critical way I've been judging him in the past.

I don't think he's blaming KK by the way, I think its a swipe at those above more than anything.

Welcome to NUFC Joe, this really is what its like at this club mate.

Agree with all that there HTT. Would not surprise me in the slightest to see him walk.

So we're midway through another transfer window and exactly the same thing is happening, only Kinnear is a lot more vocal towards the press than Keegan and Allardyce used to be. What's interesting is Kinnear used to walk the company line in the press, but in recent days he's become more critical as he now realises he's being taken for a ride just like his predecessors were. Ashley really needs to get his finger out and deal with the structural problems at this club, or relegation is a distinct possibility, and if that happens the buck will stop at him and him only..

So we're midway through another transfer window and exactly the same thing is happening, only Kinnear is a lot more vocal towards the press than Keegan and Allardyce used to be. What's interesting is Kinnear used to walk the company line in the press, but in recent days he's become more critical as he now realises he's being taken for a ride just like his predecessors were. Ashley really needs to get his finger out and deal with the structural problems at this club, or relegation is a distinct possibility, and if that happens the buck will stop at him and him only..

It could be that he's being taken for a ride, or we could end up making a couple of crucial signings which is why Kinnear is flying to France to take in the Rennes game. It might all be bullshit of course, we'll find out soon enough, when the transfer window closes at the end of the month.

I don't like Joe Kinnear and we all know his many, many limitations but at least he seems like the only person at the club who is genuinely trying his hardest. If everyone else had his determination, his fire and passion we probably wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. Too many hangers on who don't give a shit.

what exactly is it about joe kinnear that makes people say this sort of shit? swearing doesnt equal passion, or 'fire', he's uninspiring and lame as fuck, need proof? watch our fucking team play

I don't like Joe Kinnear and we all know his many, many limitations but at least he seems like the only person at the club who is genuinely trying his hardest. If everyone else had his determination, his fire and passion we probably wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. Too many hangers on who don't give a s***.

what exactly is it about joe kinnear that makes people say this sort of s***? swearing doesnt equal passion, or 'fire', he's uninspiring and lame as f***, need proof? watch our f***ing team play

Because it's true. He just happens to have no talent to go with it.

I don't like Joe Kinnear and we all know his many, many limitations but at least he seems like the only person at the club who is genuinely trying his hardest. If everyone else had his determination, his fire and passion we probably wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. Too many hangers on who don't give a s***.

what exactly is it about joe kinnear that makes people say this sort of s***? swearing doesnt equal passion, or 'fire', he's uninspiring and lame as f***, need proof? watch our f***ing team play

Agree wholeheartedly.

Its a defence instinct to me, not showing passion.

Agree with the above about no talent too.

Because it's true. He just happens to have no talent to go with it.

no, no it isnt true. what is it about him thats passionate? he sounds like he's at a job centre interview every time he speaks. what on earth is passionate about him? provide an answer, dont just say its true....

The club being...?

Newcastle United the thing Mike Ashley owns 100% & is letting his top men run it Lambias & Wise.

Quote from Kinnear in the BBC which hasn't quite been given  the correct context by any of the media:

Why wasn't it addressed by the previous two managers?

Those words are clear to me. He isn't questioning Allardyce or Keegan. He's questioning Mike Ashley.

Guest Howaythetoon

Quote from Kinnear in the BBC which hasn't quite been given  the correct context by any of the media:

Why wasn't it addressed by the previous two managers?

Those words are clear to me. He isn't questioning Allardyce or Keegan. He's questioning Mike Ashley.

Aye, that's the way I read it too.