Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

People might hate him or anything but I am happy for him he came to us but has unlucky injury problem but lets be fair and be happy for him in a return we might get what we need in the future too...

I hope he will become Englands all time top goal scorer.....

I can't even play "I told you so" cos my post full of vitriol when we signed the little s*** has gone. :dave:

I can do one from May when I was arguing about his automatic inclusion in the team by Shearer against a few people on here

I'd drop the captain in a heartbeat if I think he's gonna be another Robbie Fowler.

Which I do.

:snod:

People might hate him or anything but I am happy for him he came to us but has unlucky injury problem but lets be fair and be happy for him

too much logic! :frantic:

Fair AND happy is just being unreasonable.

People might hate him or anything but I am happy for him he came to us but has unlucky injury problem but lets be fair and be happy for him in a return we might get what we need in the future too...

I hope he will become Englands all time top goal scorer.....

Feel pretty similar. Dont care whether he becomes top scorer, but the bias against his on here is laughable.

His main strength being his movement in the box, surround him by players who cant pass & he doesnt score much. Who wouldve thought it.

Its his status & wage that determines he gets all the criticism. Reality is though that the status he had didnt mean we should have expected him to be able to save us singlehandedly.

His injurys again, crap for us. But i dont begrudge him for wanting to represent his national side & as for the rest..i dont really consider us to be the best club to be at in terms of injurys anyway. Half of it could be down just as much to our incompetence as him.

Reckon he'll do very well at a side like Man u.

Had he played more games scored more goals and looked like he had given a shit and was then offered the chace to go ro Mqan U I may have been gutted but would have understood, this however is a fkn disgrace of a situation.

I don't care where he goes, who he plays for, how well or how much he plays in the future, how many medals he wins or whatever; I just want an open and honest explanation from him.

He took so much money from us and gave next to nothing in return. I don't want injury excuses or poor form excuses or teammate excuses, I want an apology and an explanation from him as to why he never really was a true Newcastle United player.

We gave him so much and he's ripped us apart ten swaddled off back to the big time. Good fucking riddance.

Guest firetotheworks

I heard on one of the s*** media things (talkshit or Sky w*** News) that his injury record is actually not that bad.  It's like he's left Newcastle and people have stopped slagging him off / telling us how injury prone he is.  It's beyond a joke how some of the media spout this tripe.

Nowt to do with what youve just said, but your signature under your avatar is one of my all time favourite film lines by one of my all time film characters. Well done, I immediately like you.

Guest toonlass

Owen commented that:

"It feels great. I never even had it in my wildest dreams really but then I got the call from the manager to come and meet him. Neither did we, you gormless twat. What the frig have you done to get a contract with Manyoo?

"It was a shock but I'm obviously really happy and things have moved quickly since then. Shocked is quite understated at how most of the Newcastle fans feel after four years of shit from you.

"I probably had a poor spell up at Newcastle but prior to that, my career was very good and I'm sure a top club like this can re-ignite my career. Hopefully I can score a few goals and help the team to more success. Probably? Probably? You WERE shite. You put as much effort in as the fucking 7 flights of stairs up to the Level 7 Leazes end did ffs.

"It's early days but when you think about United, you automatically think about winning trophies, the stadium, the massive fanbase. And totally forget about my failure to be a success at Newcastle.

"A lot is made of it and probably a lot will come out in the coming months and years but I certainly don't feel like I'm injury prone. And yet my years at Newcastle would suggest otherwise.

"I'd like to think that everyone was quite surprised at how my medical was. I knew I would pass my medical, I've obviously passed them before. My fitness is fine."

Although no-one was more surprised at me passing my medical than the Newcastle fans. When I was there I had trouble passing wind, never mind passing a medical.

:angry:

I'm sure he will but then I'm also sure an average striker would do well at Man U surrounded by all those good players.

Depends what your expectations are. They normally go up when you're playing for Man U. Doing well for them would suggest a player who is significantly contributing to them being a better side, not just getting some tap ins.

Owen commented that:

"It feels great. I never even had it in my wildest dreams really but then I got the call from the manager to come and meet him. Neither did we, you gormless t***. What the frig have you done to get a contract with Manyoo?

"It was a shock but I'm obviously really happy and things have moved quickly since then. Shocked is quite understated at how most of the Newcastle fans feel after four years of s*** from you.

"I probably had a poor spell up at Newcastle but prior to that, my career was very good and I'm sure a top club like this can re-ignite my career. Hopefully I can score a few goals and help the team to more success. Probably? Probably? You WERE s****. You put as much effort in as the f***ing 7 flights of stairs up to the Level 7 Leazes end did ffs.

"It's early days but when you think about United, you automatically think about winning trophies, the stadium, the massive fanbase. And totally forget about my failure to be a success at Newcastle.

"A lot is made of it and probably a lot will come out in the coming months and years but I certainly don't feel like I'm injury prone. And yet my years at Newcastle would suggest otherwise.

"I'd like to think that everyone was quite surprised at how my medical was. I knew I would pass my medical, I've obviously passed them before. My fitness is fine."

Although no-one was more surprised at me passing my medical than the Newcastle fans. When I was there I had trouble passing wind, never mind passing a medical.

:angry:

exactly.

Gutless piece of garbage does'nt deserve a chance at instant trophies/medals at man u after 4 years of shite for us

I'm sure he will but then I'm also sure an average striker would do well at Man U surrounded by all those good players.

Depends what your expectations are. They normally go up when you're playing for Man U. Doing well for them would suggest a player who is significantly contributing to them being a better side, not just getting some tap ins.

Even if he scores goals, I can't see him having the impact of a Tevez or Ronaldo in shaping the game's result. He's a cheap stand-by for Man U who will come in handy for a few games here and there. The fact he would rather be a second class citizen there than Captain of Newcastle even before we were relegated says it all really.

Let's be honest.

The main reason people are so arsey about this on here (not the only one by any means, I understand and appreciate the other sources of bitterness to Owen, and I'd feel the same) is that he's signed for Manchester United and not Hull City, and the spectre of an Owen enjoying success there after the sap that he was on your resources is just too much to bare.

I'm right, aren't I? I'd feel the same.

Of course; I admitted as much earlier. It's the way he's come out of such shit smelling of roses that sticks in the throat. Mixing metaphors there but never mind.

Let's be honest.

The main reason people are so arsey about this on here (not the only one by any means, I understand and appreciate the other sources of bitterness to Owen, and I'd feel the same) is that he's signed for Manchester United and not Hull City, and the spectre of an Owen enjoying success there after the sap that he was on your resources is just too much to bare.

I'm right, aren't I? I'd feel the same.

Well, of course that's it. But not just that he was a drain on our resources, more like, 'What did he do to deserve that?' We (the club, the fans) endured two seasons of utter shit and are now in the fizzy pop, but he somehow comes out of the whole mess smelling of fucking roses. Unbelivable.