Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

It is like us with Kevin Nolan and Ryan Taylor tbh.  We were warned by actual fans of those clubs they were s***, but they were branded 'bitter' and they were good signings.

We got told by Coventry fans that Bellamy was s*** and he wasn't.

He may had shouted his mouth off at every given opportuinity and just as injury prone as Owen, but sh1t i wished we kept him instead of shipping him out and wasting 17 million on that turd.  Typical, great buisness by Shepperd as usuall.

It is like us with Kevin Nolan and Ryan Taylor tbh.  We were warned by actual fans of those clubs they were s***, but they were branded 'bitter' and they were good signings.

We got told by Coventry fans that Bellamy was s*** and he wasn't.

He may had shouted his mouth off at every given opportuinity and just as injury prone as Owen, but sh1t i wished we kept him instead of shipping him out and wasting 17 million on that turd.   Typical, great buisness by Shepperd as usuall.

Bellamy is a great example of why it's better to have a mobile player rather than a supposedly class finisher who stays invisible for 90 mins. When Bellamy was hounded out of the club everyone thought it was a great deal to get England's Michael Owen, but it's far better to have someone who's heart is in it and can provide other things to the team as a whole. 

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/wigan/article6515121.ece

Wigan not interested in injury-prone Michael Owen

James Ducker

If Michael Owen thought that his stock could not fall any farther, the Newcastle United striker might want to think again.

Dave Whelan was prepared to break the bank to sign Owen from Real Madrid four years ago before the player's £16million move to St James' Park, but the Wigan Athletic chairman effectively conceded yesterday that he would not touch the England outcast with a barge pole now.

Wigan did not receive a copy of the glossy 34-page brochure distributed to eight Barclays Premier League clubs by Owen's management company in a bizarre attempt to drum up interest in the former European Footballer of the Year, and to judge from Whelan's remarks, it was probably a good job.

Owen strenuously maintains that he still has the desire to compete at the highest level, but Whelan expressed misgivings over the striker's injury record and wage demands - Owen earns £115,000 a week at Newcastle. “We've not had the brochure,” Whelan said. “Would we be interested? No. One, his wages are too expensive. Two, has he got the urge, the bottle and the drive to do what the Premier League wants? It's a big question.

“I hope he has because he has been a great player. I tried to sign him and said to his agent I would pay £15million to bring him to Wigan and let him leave whenever he wanted.

“But he's looking a bit injury-prone now and loves his horses. I'm not criticising the lad, he has been a magnificent player and can still do a hell of a job for somebody, but I think he will want to go to a much bigger club than Wigan. Everton and Liverpool might think differently.”

lol

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/wigan/article6515121.ece

Wigan not interested in injury-prone Michael Owen

James Ducker

If Michael Owen thought that his stock could not fall any farther, the Newcastle United striker might want to think again.

Dave Whelan was prepared to break the bank to sign Owen from Real Madrid four years ago before the player's £16million move to St James' Park, but the Wigan Athletic chairman effectively conceded yesterday that he would not touch the England outcast with a barge pole now.

Wigan did not receive a copy of the glossy 34-page brochure distributed to eight Barclays Premier League clubs by Owen's management company in a bizarre attempt to drum up interest in the former European Footballer of the Year, and to judge from Whelan's remarks, it was probably a good job.

Owen strenuously maintains that he still has the desire to compete at the highest level, but Whelan expressed misgivings over the striker's injury record and wage demands - Owen earns £115,000 a week at Newcastle. “We've not had the brochure,” Whelan said. “Would we be interested? No. One, his wages are too expensive. Two, has he got the urge, the bottle and the drive to do what the Premier League wants? It's a big question.

“I hope he has because he has been a great player. I tried to sign him and said to his agent I would pay £15million to bring him to Wigan and let him leave whenever he wanted.

“But he's looking a bit injury-prone now and loves his horses. I'm not criticising the lad, he has been a magnificent player and can still do a hell of a job for somebody, but I think he will want to go to a much bigger club than Wigan. Everton and Liverpool might think differently.”

lol

:lol:

interesting snippet of info on toontastic - "Owen supposedly had to be asked 3 times to get stripped against Villa. Cheers Michael, it's not like you owed us a goal or anything."

hope the fucker breaks his leg out of contract and has to retire.

Can't believe it was just sent to EIGHT clubs, I don't think little Mickey can be that picky.

Whelan's a serious nutcase tbh, he hasn't seen he brochure but thinks it's wonderful, wtf? and how come he's always in the news these days? Has he replaced NUFC?

Regardless of what we think of Owen, Whelan is a total twat, the only reason he's mouthing off in the press (again) is because Wigan never got one of the brochures and he's offended. If they had, he'd probably have it on his coffee table for the next twenty years and show it to everyone that came round his house. "Look, Michael Owen wanted to come to Wigan!" "Yes, Dave, we know! :rolleyes:"

Can't believe it was just sent to EIGHT clubs, I don't think little Mickey can be that picky.

Whelan's a serious nutcase tbh, he hasn't seen he brochure but thinks it's wonderful, wtf? and how come he's always in the news these days? Has he replaced NUFC?

Rather have him than Ashley tbf.

:lol:

Owen is so dumb ...

It was definitely a stupid thing to do sending it to a select group of teams as it clearly offends the others.

Should have just sent it out to everyone out of respect and then had his pick of the ones who responded.

Just another clear sign of his arrogance imo.

Clueless guy.

Feels incredibly refreshing that he wont be out problem any more. If he had another year here and no one came in for him, id be pretty pissed off, as theres no way he would take a pay cut. Plus he would also patronise us with tripe about how he is 100% committed to NUFC etc, cant be bothered with that shit any more.

Guest GAMMELL

I wish to f*ck Dave Whelan would shut his trap regarding our club / players etc... the miserable kunt  :tickedoff:

Guest wshmag

I wish to f*ck Dave Whelan would shut his trap regarding our club / players etc... the miserable kunt  :tickedoff:

i wish dave whelan was our chairman.

Guest Stephen927

I have no sympathy for Owen. Perhaps if he had put the effort in and acted like a captain on the field then he would be at a Premiership club next season. As it stands, he is most likely going to have to take a wage cut to get a move to a team in the top flight, or alternatively look abroad which I think we all know he doesn't want to do after his time at Madrid.

At the age of 29, his career is in tatters and I think the thing that hurts him the most is it isn't Newcastle Uniteds fault. He was the one who chose to go to the World Cup half fit (I probably would have done the same in fairness) but that was the turning point in his career, when he went from brilliant to average.