Would you take Bellamy back?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Signing Bellamy isn't ideal and I'm not suggesting it is, but in our situation we need Bellamy (or someone like him) to make things work. West Ham are short of cash and as someone said earlier Noble is a very good player as well. They might have to sell 3/4 players and it might not be so easy to pick up players from other clubs in Jan when it is notoriously difficult, hence running the rule over the West Ham squad. Bellamy stuck out for me as the kind of player who is still motivated (he showed plenty of it on Mon) and has a bit of pace and nous. It will be much more difficult to rectify the midfield problem in the Jan window and midfielders tend to be more expensive even if they are semi-good. Look at the money Villa and Everton spent on goodish midfielders in the summer.

could be the answer to the wide right problem.

Yup.

still depends on the price mind. £5mill being too much

What?!

Strikers are almost always going to be the more costly, aside from the rare occasion where a club needs the money and so will sell at a reduced price. End of the day they do the most important job on the pitch.

...aha so we should snap up a bargain striker...Non?

If they exist, we need them, we can afford them, and it won't get in the way of us getting players in positions we need more urgently.

End of the day if by some miraculous luck we get £5m to spend in the Jan window from Ashley, lets not blow it on a crock in a position we do not need.

Call me an incurable optimist, but we may be one of the few clubs with cash in hand to spend in the transfer window. We could be in a very good position to prey on the poor and needy (eg West Ham)

And it's not entirely unreasonable to want a striker who scores goals.

Craig Bellamy scored 27 goals in 87 league starts, a strike rate of 31%

Your idol Tinababy scored 9 goals in league 36 starts, a strke rate of 25%,

But don't let facts get in the way of your opinion, whatever you do.

This is another direct comment in keeping with the thread, but I bet you ignore it as usual

End of the day if by some miraculous luck we get £5m to spend in the Jan window from Ashley, lets not blow it on a crock in a position we do not need.

Call me an incurable optimist, but we may be one of the few clubs with cash in hand to spend in the transfer window. We could be in a very good position to prey on the poor and needy (eg West Ham)

you like your "ifs" and "coulds" don't you

It wasn't just what Bellamy offered in goals, either, he was an awesome weapon - much more effective than Oba at utilising his pace and as good a footballer, if not better than our little Nigerian.

I do think those saying his injury record would put them off are right though, and like I said earlier there's no chance of it happening anyway no matter how much I'd like to see him come back.

A fit Bellamy would make a massive difference to us but he's not worth £5 million due to his injury record.

are you putting a price of 5m quid on staying up, courtesy of the new person running the club who in your opinion is "better" than the last fat bastard ?

I presume this is the case, as you have never admitted that its all been a huge step backwards ?

Now's your chance to tell us if you do have a different view mind.

This is another direct comment in keeping with the thread, but I bet you ignore it as usual

One goal in ten starts this season.

Fact!

The past is gone. You simply don't understand that, do you? :lol:

It wasn't just what Bellamy offered in goals, either, he was an awesome weapon - much more effective than Oba at utilising his pace and as good a footballer, if not better than our little Nigerian.

I do think those saying his injury record would put them off are right though, and like I said earlier there's no chance of it happening anyway no matter how much I'd like to see him come back.

We have never replaced Shearer and Bellamy. Owen could have been part of a new partnership, with the right partner and staying clear of injuries. Bellamy would have been a great partner for Owen. Much better than Martins and Viduka. We need as many good players to avoid going down, to put a price on staying up, be it 5m, 6m or whatever, is simply absurd. Spend it Ashley, you fat bastard.

NE5: Is this you "not starting it", then? Pipe down or fuck off man.

scuse me Rich, its a reply to ozzie mandiarse talking about Craig Bellamys goalscoring record. If you doubt the figures, look them up instead of backing the person who is wrong - again.

Fact!

Wrong circumstance, wrong players around him. Who knows. One thing you learn if you follow football, is that talent doesn't leave you at 29, and just right now, we are struggling to find effective forward players.

Who exactly do you think we should bring in, bearing in mind Ashleys 2nd rate outlook in the transfer market and unwillingness to show ambition for the club ?

NE5: Was more meaning your post aimed at Mick, who posted what I thought was a fairly sensible comment - at least the first half of it.

Tend to disagree with his valuation comment though, but then I seem to think differently about how you rate a players' worth than most on here do, as I've found out numerous times in the past.

Thing is though, I don't go chasing round after the people who disagree with me trying to beat them with a proverbial stick when I've had a shitty day or a few pints or whatever.

Grow up and stop acting a cunt man, it's embarrassing.

NE5: Was more meaning your post aimed at Mick, who posted what I thought was a fairly sensible comment - at least the first half of it.

Tend to disagree with his valuation comment though, but then I seem to think differently about how you rate a players worth than most on here do, as I've found out numerous times in the past.

Thing is though, I don't go chasing round after the people who disagree with me trying to beat them with a proverbial stick when I've had a shitty day or a few pints or whatever.

Grow up and stop acting a cunt man, it's embarrassing.

Well, I don't agree with his comment. So why don't you say he's "starting it" ?

I think for a couple of million quid its a buy well worth making, and lets face it, how much more money is Ashley going to give his manager bearing in mind his record so far ?

courtesy of the new person running the club who in your opinion is "better" than the last fat bastard ?

I presume this is the case, as you have never admitted that its all been a huge step backwards ?

That's what you replied to him, after he'd said nowt about anything bar Bellamy's fitness and his apparent valuation. It wasn't him talking about the old board on this occasion was it. I think it's fair to say it's you causing potential trouble there.

For what it's worth I do tend to think Ozzie was looking for bites from you with what he's been posting in here, to be honest, but then really what the fuck is new there?

It's unfortunately what he appears to do most of the time in the football forum.

Fact!

Wrong circumstance, wrong players around him. Who knows. One thing you learn if you follow football, is that talent doesn't leave you at 29, and just right now, we are struggling to find effective forward players.

He'd also have different players around him here to the ones he had around him five years ago at the time of your ancient stats. Fact!

you like your "ifs" and "coulds" don't you

Here's another example of a confrontational post that offers nothing to the discussion and is simply goading Bob, who's said absolutely nothing towards you at all in this thread.

It's nowt to do with "backing the person who is wrong", it's a lot to do with being civil and courteous towards other people when you're a grown man. I don't come on here or spend hours of my time trying to make this place work properly for people to be at each other's necks all of the time, it's infuriating.

For what it's worth I do tend to think Ozzie was looking for bites from you with what he's been posting in here, to be honest, but then really what the fuck is new there?

It's unfortunately what he appears to do most of the time in the football forum.

To be honest, I was just saying what I think when asked the question in the thread header.

Sorry, like.

courtesy of the new person running the club who in your opinion is "better" than the last fat bastard ?

That's what you replied to him, after he'd said nowt about anything bar Bellamy's fitness and his apparent valuation. It wasn't him talking about the old board on this occasion was it. I think it's fair to say it's you causing potential trouble there.

so why tell me that "I'm starting it" ?

Not that I can't prove the likes of Ozzie talks rubbish, its been done numerous times already.

To keep with the topic, I think Bellamy is well worth a fee like has been mentioned as its a weak part of the team, and has been since he left. We are in the shit, and ANY good player could make the difference, and to put a price on survival is simply absurd. But thats the Ashley way of doing things, an attitude which seems to have engulfed people in our support. An equally absurd way of looking at it from the point of view of a club with the support that NUFC have.

He might get injured, but unless someone else equally as good who is guaranteed to stay fit becomes available, you tell me who that could be, bearing in mind such a player would undoubtedly cost more money [which I personally would pay if it were up to me].

To be honest, I was just saying what I think when asked the question in the thread header.

Sorry, like.

Apologies if that is genuinely the case, but it's the impression I get from you the majority of the time in here, whereas in Gen Chat you make fantastic posts like the one about Morocco earlier on.

:dontknow:

Fact!

He'd also have different players around him here to the ones he had around him five years ago at the time of your ancient stats. Fact!

if you want to talk about being civil, and gaining credibility, why did you clip this bit instead of answering it

"Who exactly do you think we should bring in, bearing in mind Ashleys 2nd rate outlook in the transfer market and unwillingness to show ambition for the club ?"