Various bad news from this mornings papers (if true)

Ketsbaia

Stressing that he has the first and final word on recruitment and sales, Kinnear began: "Mike [Ashley] does not have a say." Challenged on this he replied: "He'll have a say, 'yes' or 'no', but he's guided by me. That's why I'm in charge. But he's not going to sell someone and then give me someone else who'll weaken the team. That'd be ridiculous."

When it was pointed out that this is what happened to Kevin Keegan in August regarding James Milner, Kinnear baulked: "But that was what, £12m?" The implication was that everyone has a price, though that would be a contradiction of his assertion that Owen is staying in January. It is a fog of confusion.

This one is a peach as well. How irronical would it be if Ashley wasn't willing to let Kevin Keegan pursue his targets, but would be with Joe fucking Kinnear..

Stressing that he has the first and final word on recruitment and sales, Kinnear began: "Mike [Ashley] does not have a say." Challenged on this he replied: "He'll have a say, 'yes' or 'no', but he's guided by me. That's why I'm in charge. But he's not going to sell someone and then give me someone else who'll weaken the team. That'd be ridiculous."

When it was pointed out that this is what happened to Kevin Keegan in August regarding James Milner, Kinnear baulked: "But that was what, £12m?" The implication was that everyone has a price, though that would be a contradiction of his assertion that Owen is staying in January. It is a fog of confusion.

This one is a peach as well. How irronical would it be if Ashley wasn't willing to let Kevin Keegan pursue his targets, but would be with Joe fucking Kinnear..

It was said at the time that Keegan was allowed to go after the targets he wanted as long as they were reasonable, which is why they went after the likes of Woodgate, Ferdinand, Warnock and Guthrie.

As for Milner, Keegan said himself that it was his decision to sell.

That quote about Enrique is embarrassing. What good can come from talking negatively to the press about one of your own players, he really seems to have a problem with going about his his business quietly.

It depends whether Enrique has said he's desperate to go, in which case there'd not be much wrong with it tbh.

It was a daft comment to make but I don't think it's possible to make Enrique's form any worse so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

I'm more concerned that he seems happy to have one left back at the club, unless he thinks bringing in another centre back will allow Bassong to cover if needed.

"I don't understand why none of our managers have trusted him."

I think its his lack of english??  Maybe i have this wrong, but Am under the impression he speaks very little english, and hasnt bothered/cant improve much.

I thought Xisco or one of our players said that he's been helping him speak english, i think he's pretty good at it.

Love how this thread and the "Fantastic News" thread were just next to each other, guess it shows the state of our club at the moment, as far as JFK's comments go then its really a disgrace, but its not like we can do anything about it is it.

Sky Sports carry some of those comments but quote Kinnear as saying he's already put a bid in for a left back playing in England.

If it's Warnock we may have more of a chance than we did in the summer given their season so far.

Sky Sports carry some of those comments but quote Kinnear as saying he's already put a bid in for a left back playing in England.

If it's Warnock we may have more of a chance than we did in the summer given their season so far.

More likely to be Baines I reckon.

He was playing in midfield when I watched him a few weeks back so Ince may be tempted to sell now, him saying that nobody else would be allowed to leave after Bentley left made it hard for him to back down and sell in the Summer IMO.

why is that man alive?

Spence? No idea. I only like him because he used to post up all of the gossip out of the Sunday Sun before it went online and he doesn't even do that now, complete waste of oxygen.

The Co-Op in Swindon didnt have any Sunday Sun's in when I asked.

why is that man alive?

Spence? No idea. I only like him because he used to post up all of the gossip out of the Sunday Sun before it went online and he doesn't even do that now, complete waste of oxygen.

What are you doing in Swindon anyway?

More likely to be Baines I reckon.

Heard that us, Wigan and Man City are after him.

NEWCASTLE have launched a double bid for West Ham centre-half Matthew Upson and a left-back — thought to be Everton’s Leighton Baines.

And United boss Joe Kinnear has revealed he is also after a midfielder in the Roy Keane/Patrick Vieira mould next month.

Kinnear confirmed to the Sunday Sun that he has slapped in an offer for a Premier League left-back, having been turned down by Roma’s John Arne Riise.

And although Newcastle are big admirers of Blackburn’s Stephen Warnock, the Sunday Sun understands that Baines, main picture, is their No 1 target.

At the same time, United have also enquired about a possible deal with cash-strapped West Ham for England star Upson, right.

Newcastle have also been linked with Ukrainian central defender Dmytro Chygrynskiy, but Upson’s Premier League credentials make him a more coveted target.

“I’ve already made one offer for a left-back, and this is in England,” said the Magpies manager.

“If we could get like for like — lose somebody but get a better one in — I don’t mind doing that.

“But we’ve gone down that road already and got a knock-back from John Arne Riise, who’s obviously changed his mind now.

“If he had come, then we could have done something with (Jose) Enrique.’’

Kinnear, desperately short of midfield options, added: “We need someone like Vieira or Roy Keane-esque, that type of player.

“I’ve written down four (possible targets) and any one of them would do the trick. They are Europe-wide: two abroad, two here.”

Spanish sources also continue to insist Kinnear is keen on Espanyol goalkeeper Carlos Kameni. But that would only seem a viable option in the unlikely event of current United No 2 Steve Harper rejecting a new contract.

Meanwhile, former Newcastle favourite Nobby Solano is considering leaving Greek side Larissa for Velez Sarsfield, after being approached by the Argentinian club’s new football adviser, ex-United team-mate Christian Bassedas.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2008/12/14/toon-prepare-for-double-swoop-79310-22470556/

why is that man alive?

What are you doing in Swindon anyway?

Brother & his family live down here.

Awesome new the Sunday sun