Has Zog done enough to get a run in the team?

TRon

Guest toonlass

We would have been in exactly the same place if he had stayed. Over-rated player imo.

He was much better than Duff and he wouldn't have put the ball in his own net against Villa.

Only cos he would have been sitting on the bench in a french huff.  :pow:

Only cos he would have been sitting on the bench in a french huff.  :pow:

He's was poorly managed while here, I'm not surprised that he went in a huff at times.

He was also nowhere near as good a player as people made him out to be.

A one game in ten type of player who failed to produce far too often.  Not that he wasn't better than Duff mind.

He was also nowhere near as good a player as people made him out to be.

A one game in ten type of player who failed to produce far too often.  Not that he wasn't better than Duff mind.

Like I said, he was poorly managed.  He had an excellent first season when he was arguably our best player and he was rewarded by us spending a third of our transfer budget on Duff who was never coming in to cover for N'Zogbia.  I think he would have been brilliant under Shearer and I think we would have stayed up but we'll never know for sure.

Guest Roger Kint

Some stupidity flying round here, as if that little shit ever would have stayed? Do people think we forced him out or something :rolleyes:

Oh and saying he wouldnt have scored an own goal v Villa? Well done for saving the 365th day of the year to produce this forums most pathetic post ;D

Another youngster like Jenas that we pretended was Pele was 3 years. Ranger's the next one.

Have you any links to where anybody has compared any of those to Pele?

I seem to recall pretty much every single Newcastle fan wondering why the fuck Jenas (and Dyer for that matter) were selected in the England squad.  Must have been because we rated them so highly.

Another youngster like Jenas that we pretended was Pele was 3 years. Ranger's the next one.

Have you any links to where anybody has compared any of those to Pele?

No. But ask anyone who voted for N'zog or Jenas in the other thread for some of the ridiculous things said about both.

Some stupidity flying round here, as if that little s*** ever would have stayed? Do people think we forced him out or something :rolleyes:

Oh and saying he wouldnt have scored an own goal v Villa? Well done for saving the 365th day of the year to produce this forums most pathetic post ;D

Duff deflected the ball into his own net, it was going nowhere until he strolled out of defence and feebly flicked his leg out which sent the ball into the corner of the net.

Guest Roger Kint

Some stupidity flying round here, as if that little s*** ever would have stayed? Do people think we forced him out or something :rolleyes:

Duff deflected the ball into his own net, it was going nowhere until he strolled out of defence and feebly flicked his leg out which sent the ball into the corner of the net.

Was an instictive reaction, if you watch it there was a Villa player next to him who would have been free had he not tried, still lets just pretend Duff meant it eh? :idiot2:

He hasn't done too badly at Wigan, has he? Sir Bobby was right to say it was madness to let him and Given, our two best players (his words), go in January 09 when we were already in a relegation battle (only the people at the top didn't realise it).

I am surprised he would want to go to Brum however, seems a sideways step at best. He will end up someplace better and will produce the goods when a manager finds the right buttons to push..

Guest Roger Kint

He hasn't done too badly at Wigan, has he? Sir Bobby was right to say it was madness to let him and Given, our two best players (his words), go in January 09 when we were already in a relegation battle (only the people at the top didn't realise it).

I am surprised he would want to go to Brum however, seems a sideways step at best. He will end up someplace better and will produce the goods when a manager finds the right buttons to push..

Zog was sulking, he wasnt playing like somebody you need in a relegation fight and i seriously doubt denying him the move would have improved that attitude

Zog was sulking, he wasnt playing like somebody you need in a relegation fight and i seriously doubt denying him the move would have improved that attitude

Possibly, but the boy has undoubted potential and can be a match winner if he wants to. His crossing seems to have improved this year as well from the assists I've seen from him. Anyway, almost every decision by the people at the top last season was disastrous and not one isolated one, but the combination of a lot of errors resulted in a club of our stature going down.. I think this, letting go of a match winner who could create and score, was one of them..

Was an instictive reaction, if you watch it there was a Villa player next to him who would have been free had he not tried, still lets just pretend Duff meant it eh? :idiot2:

If Duff had just stood still the ball would have bounced to safety, it wouldn't have got to the Villa player behind him.  Whether he meant it or not doesn't matter he put the ball into our net, I have no idea what he thought he was doing.

The treatment of N'Zogbia was one our biggest mistakes when it came to individual players. What a player we could have had on our hands if we'd A: played him/B: been any good. He was unreal at the back end of that 05/06 season. Him and Nobby down the wings was great to watch.

Guest Roger Kint

If Duff had just stood still the ball would have bounced to safety, it wouldn't have got to the Villa player behind him.  Whether he meant it or not doesn't matter he put the ball into our net, I have no idea what he thought he was doing.

What he thought he was doing? Have you watched football before? Its a pretty common thing for players to react when a ball is near them for gods sake! There was a Villa player in front as well if it just hit him, fact is if you are seriously using these if and buts as an excuse then theres no point in bothering with you, you certainly wont convince me otherwise