Has Zog done enough to get a run in the team?

TRon

What he thought he was doing? Have you watched football before? Its a pretty common thing for players to react when a ball is near them for gods sake! There was a Villa player in front as well if it just hit him, fact is if you are seriously using these if and buts as an excuse then theres no point in bothering with you, you certainly wont convince me otherwise

Duff flicked his leg up, and deflected the ball into the net, most people would have got a foot beind it and cleared the ball.

N'Zogbia definitely has an attitude problem but I think a lot of people underrate him.

I might be wrong but I can see his career panning out a bit like Benayoun at Liverpool, who showed flashes of raw talent without setting the world alight, before eventually finding his feet at Liverpool in his late 20s. Zog's not the best positionally but he has a lot of raw talent. He needs to find a club that can accommodate and play to his strengths and minimise his weaknesses. He has a very good touch, balance, pace and dribbling and has shown he can strike a football well. To top it all off he rarely ever gets injured. Like Benayoun, I can see him getting a bigger move further down the line, I really can. He needs to sort out his attitude but he has the ability.

Guest firetotheworks

So NZogbia was poorly managed then? And he was managed well when he first came in was he? Who was he correctly managed by then? Souness? Really?

There's little doubt he had a bit of an attitude problem. Keegan didn't get the best out of him, neither did Roeder or Allardyce.

Could it be that N'Zogbia was actually good when he first arrived on the scene because defenders didnt know what they were up against? And as soon as they realised, he didn't look as good? Because that's what it looked like to me.

N'Zogbia definitely has an attitude problem but I think a lot of people underrate him.

I might be wrong but I can see his career panning out a bit like Benayoun at Liverpool, who showed flashes of raw talent without setting the world alight, before eventually finding his feet at Liverpool in his late 20s. Zog's not the best positionally but he has a lot of raw talent. He needs to find a club that can accommodate and play to his strengths and minimise his weaknesses. He has a very good touch, balance, pace and dribbling and has shown he can strike a football well. To top it all off he rarely ever gets injured. Like Benayoun, I can see him getting a bigger move further down the line, I really can. He needs to sort out his attitude but he has the ability.

Good post. It's true players like Bellamy and Zog have attitude problems, that's why it's better they are handled by clever managers like SBR rather than red-faced arseholes like Souness or Allardyce.

So NZogbia was poorly managed then? And he was managed well when he first came in was he? Who was he correctly managed by then? Souness? Really?

There's little doubt he had a bit of an attitude problem. Keegan didn't get the best out of him, neither did Roeder or Allardyce.

Could it be that N'Zogbia was actually good when he first arrived on the scene because defenders didnt know what they were up against? And as soon as they realised, he didn't look as good? Because that's what it looked like to me.

Roeder did get the best out of him, he was at his best when we finished 7th under Roeder.  It was the season after, again with Roeder, when we had Duff that he went backwards and he played fewer games and produced less.

Even under Allardyce and Keegan he was better than Duff ever was and still only scored 2 less than he did in his best season and he played less games.

If the fella had a little bit more heart about him, he'd be a fantastic striker. A good manager would see that his best position is up front. In a couple years' time.

Bobby Robson said "N'Zogbia is a fascinating case. I signed him as a teenager and he was one of the most naturally gifted players of that age I'd ever seen.  He seemed to have some kind of dispute with Glenn Roeder and we rarely saw him, which I couldn't understand. Sam Allardyce did play him but he seemed to have to fit in wherever there was an injury."

If the fella had a little bit more heart about him, he'd be a fantastic striker. A good manager would see that his best position is up front. In a couple years' time.

im thinking the left of a front 3...

Bobby Robson said "N'Zogbia is a fascinating case. I signed him as a teenager and he was one of the most naturally gifted players of that age I'd ever seen.  He seemed to have some kind of dispute with Glenn Roeder and we rarely saw him, which I couldn't understand. Sam Allardyce did play him but he seemed to have to fit in wherever there was an injury."

Zog is the one player who would have gone on to the world stage had he been managed correctly at the right times. Not Viana, not Bramble, and not Jenas. Zog was SBR's real gem find.

He's been pretty good this season imo.

On what I've seen, I'd have to agree. Better, certainly. He looks far more relaxed and confident. There's less pressure at Wigan and maybe that suited him.

Zog is the one player who would have gone on to the world stage had he been managed correctly at the right times. Not Viana, not Bramble, and not Jenas. Zog was SBR's real gem find.

There you go Mick, there's another one.

In terms of pure raw talent for a teenager, who else have you seen on our books with that sort of skill and comfort on the ball in the last decade (and more?)

In terms of pure raw talent for a teenager, who else have you seen on our books with that sort of skill and comfort on the ball in the last decade (and more?)

No one, but that doesn't make him brilliant by default.

He briefly showed some promise, but that quickly evaporated. Talk of being a 'world stage' player is laughable.

What Zog needed was a decent manager to drill into him to pass after he'd gone past a player & not try to beat another two everytime. Losing the ball from trying to do to much was always his main fault. That and his temperament obviously, but if he'd been taught better he'd have been playing more & had less to moan about anyway.

Bobby Robson said "N'Zogbia is a fascinating case. I signed him as a teenager and he was one of the most naturally gifted players of that age I'd ever seen. He seemed to have some kind of dispute with Glenn Roeder and we rarely saw him, which I couldn't understand. Sam Allardyce did play him but he seemed to have to fit in wherever there was an injury."

No one, but that doesn't make him brilliant by default.

He briefly showed some promise, but that quickly evaporated. Talk of being a 'world stage' player is laughable.

I think he could of been a player of European pedigree - if that makes sense, obviously not at the Kaka, Ronaldo or Messi stage but more the Rosicky, Nasri, Nani levels. Thought he was supremely gifted but also awfully mismanaged, had a shitty attitude which wasnt handled well throughout his time here, it really hindered his development as a player.

Its amazing how many people fail to acknowledge the poisonous atmosphere we have at the club which hinders the players achievments, of course some players do ok it this environment (Jonas, Bassong, Beye etc) but Im not surpirsed at all by the number of players who have done well since they've left, were they bad players or was it us?

Which is easier to accept...?