Alan Oliver - Gone By New Year.

Crumpy Gunt

It's been canny funny the last few years though, as all of his sources are gone from the club, so he just re-hashes stories from the club's website,  so he hasn't really been a bother. Apart from when he's whoring himself to the national press as if he is some voice of the fans.

Does anybody believe that he really had "inside sources" at the club...hahahahahahahah

SBR said he was always inside the club and in particular Shepherd's office.

An old rumour kicking around that could be bollocks but I remember hearing that Sir Bobby went into Shepherds office and demanded that he has an investigation to find out who the mole was that was feeding stories to Alan Oliver and to have him kicked out of the club, until Shepherd admitted it was him. :lol:

He does a fairly hard job tbh. Very difficult to mirror the views of so many fans without peeing a lot of them off.

In a way, he's almost part of the furniture of supporting Newcastle. A bit like Mick Lowes' commentary on Radio Newcastle, Roger Thames on the old Back Page show talking shite, Supermac on the Legends and Johnny Bez on the local talk-in circuit. I must admit I always still read the Chronicle after every game to see what he's written. Plus he's genuinely broke some massive stories, especially in the pre internet days. The signings of Shearer and Mirandinah immediately come to mind.

Pray that Lee Ryder isnt asked to step up to the throne.

He does a fairly hard job tbh. Very difficult to mirror the views of so many fans without peeing a lot of them off.

In a way, he's almost part of the furniture of supporting Newcastle. A bit like Mick Lowes' commentary on Radio Newcastle, Roger Thames on the old Back Page show talking s****, Supermac on the Legends and Johnny Bez on the local talk-in circuit. I must admit I always still read the Chronicle after every game to see what he's written. Plus he's genuinely broke some massive stories, especially in the pre internet days. The signings of Shearer and Mirandinah immediately come to mind.

He will be though, get Jennie Jackson who predicts a Sunderland win every week, god that Jennie Jackson talks some s**t.

Now is the time for Nixon to stand up and be counted.

Go on my son!

Yeah, we need a fresh young sprog who doesn't need to iron his face every morning. :lol:

Nonsense. Science must provide a solution to keep Oliver going.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2ev5j60.jpg

In a way, he's almost part of the furniture of supporting Newcastle. A bit like Mick Lowes' commentary on Radio Newcastle, Roger Thames on the old Back Page show talking s****, Supermac on the Legends and Johnny Bez on the local talk-in circuit. I must admit I always still read the Chronicle after every game to see what he's written. Plus he's genuinely broke some massive stories, especially in the pre internet days. The signings of Shearer and Mirandinah immediately come to mind.

sums up my feelings on it.

Aye, Lee Ryder is awful, truely awful, makes Oliver look half decent tbh

They've combined the sports depts for The Journal, Sunday Sun and Chronic anyway.

He's a grade A cock and I'll be happy to see one of the last bastions of Shepherd gone. Don't buy this "it's a hard job" shit, he had his head buried up Shepherds arse.

Mini-Lee is a cock as well. Spoke to him on the phone a few times, arse and elbow spring to mind.

I think Luke Edwards wil be given the top job, hopefully. He's an excellent reporter. Him and Neil Farrington should be the future of Thomson House. If they are, I might even change my username.

Aye, Lee Ryder is awful, truely awful, makes Oliver look half decent tbh

They've combined the sports depts for The Journal, Sunday Sun and Chronic anyway.

He's a grade A cock and I'll be happy to see one of the last bastions of Shepherd gone. Don't buy this "it's a hard job" s***, he had his head buried up Shepherds arse.

Mini-Lee is a cock as well. Spoke to him on the phone a few times, arse and elbow spring to mind.

I think Luke Edwards wil be given the top job, hopefully. He's an excellent reporter. Him and Neil Farrington should be the future of Thomson House. If they are, I might even change my username.

Oh dear, now you've done it.