Fat Ash - "Kinnear is better than Capello and will lead us to Europe"

David Icke - Son of God

I get the feeling one or two would be gutted if Ashley managed to get Owen to sign this new contract.

They'd convince themselves Ashley talked him into it as a way of keeping the wage bill high to drive up season ticket prices. 

I get the feeling one or two would be gutted if Ashley managed to get Owen to sign this new contract.

you're not going down the "hope they fail" route I hope ?

At my age now, I've seen far worse than this, and even the suggestion of it is pretty sad. Sorry but that is true and how I see it.

For the record, I'll say what I've always said. The more "trophy players" the club sign ie just like the other trophy winners do, the better.

If Owen DOES sign, is it a sign of a change or direction or Ashley trying to paper over the cracks and get deluded people on his side ?

Do you think it would be a sign of him realising he has been wrong and is prepared to attempt to match the european qualifications of his predecessors ?

What do you think ?

They'd convince themselves Ashley talked him into it as a way of keeping the wage bill high to drive up season ticket prices. 

unless they have already paid which kills that comment stone dead.

Much like your sense of humor. 

As I recall NE5, when the Keegan did walk out several posters did point out that you did appear to be right all along - Dave is one that sticks out in my mind. What I don't get though is why you constantly feel the need to bring the subject up. We know that the club is in a terrible state and that in many ways the old board did do a good job - whether or not we'd have ever got anywhere again with the old board or won a trophy is only conjecture now and will never be proven - we also know that the club would be much, much better off in the hands of another owner who understands the fans, area and club..

But why do you feel the need to constantly rattle on about this old board new board bollocks? You know the feelings of specific posters, we ALL know your opinion on the matter - with or without our consent ;) - you go on about 'educating' people about the facts and figures but it's not your job to educate anybody about this club. Instead of being a well respecter poster and member of this community you constantly go out of your way to alienate people with your 'truth', like a doombringer with a sandwich board on the edge of the road telling us about the end of the world and much like this man you're treated like the resident nut and when people see you they cross the other side of the street.

Sad thing is that I actually enjoy a fair few of your opinions and you've witnessed sights with this club that I truly missed out on because of my age or circumstances at the time.

At my age now, I've seen far worse than this, and even the suggestion of it is pretty sad. Sorry but that is true and how I see it.

For the record, I'll say what I've always said. The more "trophy players" the club sign ie just like the other trophy winners do, the better.

If Owen DOES sign, is it a sign of a change or direction or Ashley trying to paper over the cracks and get deluded people on his side ?

Do you think it would be a sign of him realising he has been wrong and is prepared to attempt to match the european qualifications of his predecessors ?

What do you think ?

I think it'd be the first sign that if he can't sell the club, then he's going to give it a shot, yes. As for the European qualifications of his predecessors comment, we're not a million miles from a European place despite all the crap that's gone on.

And you still seem to forget/ignore the fact that under Ashley we've broken the club record transfer for a centre-back, for a full-back, and spent £5m+ on another 3 occasions.

There's not that many times under Shepherd we spent more than £5m on 5 different players in a 12 month period. Jan 05 & summer 05 possibly being the only time.

What do you think ?

:lol:

I think you're trying to imply that we were "trophy winners" under the old board.

That, or you're too drunk to think straight.

What do you think ?

I think you're trying to imply that we were "trophy winners" under the old board.

Are you pissed Ozzie? your post makes no sense

What do you think ?

Are you pissed Ozzie? your post makes no sense

It makes perfect sense. Learn to read.

What do you think ?

I doubt very much that Ashley is going to spend big for a few reasons:

firstly, the club is still up for sale. Secondly he hasn't got the money to compete with the top 4, only City have tbh. The other option would be to borrow money against the club and spend big like Liverpool, Manu and Villa. I don't think he was ever going to do that in the first place and definitely not now the clubs for sale.

He's probably going to carry on trying to buy value players and build the squad gradually on players who won't go downhill quickly.

Much like your sense of humor

are you a yank or can't you spell ?

As I recall NE5, when the Keegan did walk out several posters did point out that you did appear to be right all along - Dave is one that sticks out in my mind. What I don't get though is why you constantly feel the need to bring the subject up. We know that the club is in a terrible state and that in many ways the old board did do a good job - whether or not we'd have ever got anywhere again with the old board or won a trophy is only conjecture now and will never be proven - we also know that the club would be much, much better off in the hands of another owner who understands the fans, area and club..

But why do you feel the need to constantly rattle on about this old board new board bollocks? You know the feelings of specific posters, we ALL know your opinion on the matter - with or without our consent ;) - you go on about 'educating' people about the facts and figures but it's not your job to educate anybody about this club. Instead of being a well respecter poster and member of this community you constantly go out of your way to alienate people with your 'truth', like a doombringer with a sandwich board on the edge of the road telling us about the end of the world and much like this man you're treated like the resident nut and when people see you they cross the other side of the street.

Sad thing is that I actually enjoy a fair few of your opinions and you've witnessed sights with this club that I truly missed out on because of my age or circumstances at the time.

I am aware of this and who they were.

However, its just a reply to ON and his comment about "wanting to fail". He should know better, he seems a good lad and its just a bit daft to suggest things like that.

What do you think ?

I think it'd be the first sign that if he can't sell the club, then he's going to give it a shot, yes. As for the European qualifications of his predecessors comment, we're not a million miles from a European place despite all the crap that's gone on.

Well mate, I want to be back in europe as soon as is possible. I've said before I would welcome a genuine change of heart by Ashley, although it would take a lot now for me to believe it or trust him.

What do you think ?

ah, you're back.

I meant "trophy winners" as in managers who win titles with 2 different club, things like that, and looking at a record like that hoping they can do it again.

What do you think ?

I doubt very much that Ashley is going to spend big for a few reasons:

firstly, the club is still up for sale. Secondly he hasn't got the money to compete with the top 4, only City have tbh. The other option would be to borrow money against the club and spend big like Liverpool, Manu and Villa. I don't think he was ever going to do that in the first place and definitely not now the clubs for sale.

He's probably going to carry on trying to buy value players and build the squad gradually on players who won't go downhill quickly.

So far as I'm aware, the vast majority of players we brought to the club by the last owners fell into that category and I can quite easily list a lot of them if you wish ?

What do you think ?

Well mate, I want to be back in europe as soon as is possible. I've said before I would welcome a genuine change of heart by Ashley, although it would take a lot now for me to believe it or trust him.

I'd say keeping Owen and making a couple of signings in January would be a start mind. Always said that it'll be the start of February before I really judge the direction of the club.

What do you think ?

I'd say keeping Owen and making a couple of signings in January would be a start mind. Always said that it'll be the start of February before I really judge the direction of the club.

I would agree with that, but its 12 months too late.

Trying to patch up a sinking ship is really all it is, unless its an unlikely and genuine change of direction.

What do you think ?

Trying to patch up a sinking ship is really all it is, unless its an unlikely and genuine change of direction.

Yeah I agree, we'll soon see. If we're sitting here at the beginning of February out of the FA Cup, in the relegation zone, no Michael Owen contract, no major signings, then aye, he can f*ck off, but at this stage we're just as likely to be in the 4th Round, have Michael Owen tied down for another 3 years, pushing for a top-half spot, and have 2 or 3 decent signings. Huge 6 weeks for the club coming up...massive actually.

What do you think ?

As has been said. There's not that many times under Shepherd we spent more than £5m on 5 different players in a 12 month period. Add to that Jonas, Guthrie, Bassong as new first team starters and I would hardly call it patching up a sinking ship.

It could be argued that the team we can now put on the park has improved considerably since Ashley has arrived.

I'm a bit worried that whoever was in charge it would be very unlikely that any 'major signings' would be made in January, it just doesn't happen very often does it?

Agree completely with that. January is always a hard period to buy players of decent stock.

I'm a bit worried that whoever was in charge it would be very unlikely that any 'major signings' would be made in January, it just doesn't happen very often does it?

Agree completely with that. January is always a hard period to buy players of decent stock.

Wouldn't have touched him in the summer because I thought we could do better, but Bullard looks like he's available. Doubt he'd cost big money and is still an improvement on what we've got in there.

It's also the end of the season in places like Russia, so there might be one or two good players there that would see this as a chance to move west to the likes of Spain, Italy & England.