Newcastle 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur - 21/12/08 - Xmas festivities start on page 16

midds

Fairly even so far,  nobodys really stood out either way I don't think.  Shola was poor,  and his injury could well be a blessing.  Think Bassongs looked quite good so far.

Their goal was fair,  very tight but not offside.  Our players saw Pavlyuchenko off and gave up.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/84102349.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19358B9FCD9D575A233B0E2013CA0EA90B1E30A760B0D811297

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/84102345.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19358B9FCD9D575A23356F397A99AD198ACE30A760B0D811297

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/84102438.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19358B9FCD9D575A233E0EA53FE4A035A40E30A760B0D811297

:lol:

Legends. Quality celebration.

Need Viduka to stick to Dawson and just feed the ball into his feet, he's got the turn on him all day long.

Yeah that's it. I remember the game up here where you'd have thought Shearer was the 22 year-old and Dawson was 36 when he battered him all game. Need to get the ball into Viduka because I reckon he could do the same.

Guest kingdawson

Good game so far. Modric is playing good so far us, and jonas and n'zogbia for you lot. Both lennon and jonas are wingers that track back and do quite a lot defencivly.

Anyway this really could go either way.

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

the equalizer really shook them but starting to pass it about better, hopefully get good start to 2nd half.... such a pity Oba isnt fit, there is so much space in behind their back line...

Guest LucaAltieri

N'Zogbia, Bassong, and (dare I say it) Butt playing extremely well.

Enrique is having one of his best performances. He's made a couple of good runs forward breaking out of defence, he's getting back and causing Lennon problems, and he's made a few good interceptions when he's had to come inside to cover.

Jonas is chasing EVERYTHING.

Guthrie has had some good spells both going forward and defensively.

Beye has made a mug out of Bentley and has looked comfortable dealing with Modric when necessary.

Colo hasn't had much to do but I do recall one corner where his marking was a little suspect.

Owen has been quiet but has seemed lively in getting himself into space. One lapse of concentration at the back and he's going to be in.

Still, stars of the first half; le Zog, Bassong, and Butt by a country mile.

More of the same lads.

Enrique is having a mare, Guthrie and Butt doing quite well, though in general we are giving them far too much space to play the game they like.

What?  Enriques stuck to Lennon a hell of a lot better then most left-backs have done.  Think he's done rather well,  was a bit unlucky to be on a yellow card after 10 minutes.

Enrique was best player of the 1st half...generally he did great except with the goal for not holding the line. Lenoon looks so frustrated with Jose already O0

Shola was poor all 28mins on the pitch...He's probably the worst ever player to hold up the ball for a player who's supposed to hold up the ball! Viduka's not much better but even I can do better than what Shola did today! I blame him and only him for the goal as the defence didn't expect that at all and they wasn't supposed to