The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

Guest icemanblue

Fucking hell guys, it was one post, in a Spurs dedicated thread. You don't have to read them like.

Can I introduce you to the Internet? I don't believe you've met.

Please do, it sounds like a wonderful place.

Turn back now, while you still can.

I like Martin Jol, but almost all his posts are positive about Spurs. Would like to see the odd bit of negativity in there about how Spurs are actually going backwards rather than forwards

No negativity from me, I'm naturally optimistic.  So we lost 2-0 last night (good game though) and the Chief Scout walked out (we might get someone better).............

f***ing hell guys, it was one post, in a Spurs dedicated thread. You don't have to read them like.

You kinda do to form an opinion on it though.

Yeah that's fine, I just don't think he should be getting shouted down for posting about Spurs in a Spurs thread. It may not be of interest to everyone but that could be said about many posts on this forum.

f***ing hell guys, it was one post, in a Spurs dedicated thread. You don't have to read them like.

Yeah that's fine, I just don't think he should be getting shouted down for posting about Spurs in a Spurs thread. It may not be of interest to everyone but that could be said about many posts on this forum.

:thup: I know he's been known to post boring drivel enough times but it's a shame that most of his posts get ridiculed instantly now just because it's him. It's not groundbreaking information but I don't see how it's something to get worked up over.

:thup: I know he's been known to post boring drivel enough times but it's a shame that most of his posts get ridiculed instantly now just because it's him. It's not groundbreaking information but I don't see how it's something to get worked up over.

wormy telling people to calm down  :serious:

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think I've ever been so sure that a manager has started on borrowed time as I am with AVB. I just can't see it lasting at all.

the media really has it in for Villas Boas judging by this scathing article which can be basically defined as a Redknapp suck up piece

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/andre-villas-boas-has-three-games-to-save-1326409

Don't think I'll even bother reading it tbh. We all knew this was going to happen if we put a foot wrong at the beginning, and we've certainly done that. Not that I'm convinced AVB is the answer, but he was never going to get a fair crack from many in the media.

He's completely the wrong coach for Spurs. He is way too over organised and detailed. Spurs supporters want cavalier attacking football. AVB will give them postion hugging robots and one up front. Gone before Christmas.  :aww:

He's completely the wrong coach for Spurs. He is way too over organised and detailed. Spurs supporters want cavalier attacking football. AVB will give them postion hugging robots and one up front. Gone before Christmas.  :aww:

I dunno judging by Porto and Chelsea he likes cavalier attacking, and only seems to have got cautious at Spurs, who on paper should be more suited to that game. His problem is no replacement for the creativity of Modric and no really lethal striker

• 2 weeks later...

How Journalism Works

AVB made a journalist look a bit of a fool at a press conference on Thursday. The initial question asked was "“Andre, do you understand Hugo Lloris’ frustration about the situation, because you did pay a lot of money for him?" This was followed by:

AVB: “What is the frustration?”

Journalist: “Well, the frustration at not being in the team.”

AVB: “How do you know?”

Journalist: “Well, he didn’t play last night, did he?”

AVB: “How do you know he’s frustrated?”

Journalist: “No, I’m asking you, do you find him frustrated?”

and it continued in a similar vein (http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2012/09/tottenham-manager-andre-villas-boas-hilarious-response-to-hugo-lloris-frustration-question/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+(Off+The+Post)).

Then this morning's Sun carried the following piece:

UNHAPPY Tottenham stars held showdown talks with Andre Villas-Boas over his training and tactics.

MUTINY ... Villas-Boas has unhappy players at Spurs

Spurs in turmoil

'Tired' stars slam AVB

Exclusive

By PAUL JIGGINS (source: The Sun)

Boss AVB also had a bust-up with technical co-ordinator Tim Sherwood, who is allegedly angry at being frozen out.

Players complained that AVB’s gruelling double training sessions — sometimes staged just 24 hours before a match — left them too tired to perform in Premier League matches this season.

And Spurs stars have also hit out at their manager’s negative style of football, telling him they would prefer to play a more attacking system. AVB has scrapped the double training sessions after listening to his squad.

Spurs, away at Manchester United tonight, are eighth in the table and unbeaten since losing at Newcastle in their opening game.

But AVB is said to have been left reeling by the mutiny, which reportedly follows bust-ups with some of the club’s old guard behind the scenes.

The Portuguese boss, who took over in July, ruthlessly axed chief scout Ian Broomfield earlier this month. AVB’s row with Sherwood has also caused concern. The former midfielder was looking to be more involved with the first team this season.

But AVB said this week: “I think the chairman sees Tim working with the development squad.”

Sherwood may quit if his old club Blackburn offer him the chance to replace Steve Kean, who quit last night.

The situation has echoes of the way AVB infuriated the Chelsea squad last season before he was sacked.

Villas-Boas was fined £12,000 for criticising referee Chris Foy last season — and the same man takes charge today. Asked whether United boss Alex Ferguson has an influence over refs, the Spurs boss said: “It’s an interesting question but I paid a very high fine last time and I don’t want to do that again.”

Any relevant quotes from the players? No. Any "insider" quoted? No. Who's the writer? Paul Jiggins. Guess who the journalist at the press conference was?

And the icing on the cake:

Paul Jiggins @jggns

Im optimistic Arsenal can have a good season. Lets get it started today with a couple of goals and a clean sheet.

I know we all know this by now, but I think it's nice to be reminded from time to time. They make it up, and they have agendas.

And while I'm at it, thank fuck we won today. Great in the first half and shite in the second, but we got some of the breaks that we've missed in the past.