The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

AVB shouldn't have been sacked.

AVB, for all his tactical talent, doesn't seem to be a people person. Not a good man-manager. Hence the appointment of Sherwood. From one extreme to the other.

He's not even good tactically. He has a system and method he likes to deploy, which is based around tactics but doesn't really take into consideration the players at his disposal or who he is up against. Michael Dawson can't defend on the halfway line. Yet he kept asking him to do so.

AVB shouldn't have been sacked.

AVB, for all his tactical talent, doesn't seem to be a people person. Not a good man-manager. Hence the appointment of Sherwood. From one extreme to the other.

He doesn't have tactical talent. Plays the same way in every game. Spurs were boring as f*** and couldn't break down teams

Sometimes he'd change - then inexplicably go back to his fond tactics and get battered.

Guest bimpy474

I like Pochettino, but what if he doesn't get them in the top 6, the old Tottenham cycle will begin again.

Jealous of them he play attractive football and likable fella for those of you making not speaking English a big deal just piss of your kind of people are the reason we stuck with Pardew.

Not sure if this is a serious post or not, but he does play attractive football, and he seems fairly clear in how he wants his teams to set up. Those are both qualities badly lacking in our management. I think if Spurs give him time he's got every chance of breaking them into the top four.

He spoke English for part of one post match interview last season when he was really angry because the referee had had a shit game. He just sort of slipped into English to slag the ref off and then went back to Spanish once he'd calmed down. You can see that he talks to the players on the pitch in English too

Like how the doesn't even let the translator finish before answering in English, then switches from English to Spanish mid answer towards the end :lol: suddenly goes from "yes" to "si"

Reminded me of Julio Geordio. 'Just stuck me toe out and it went in'.

In theory he'll get that Spurs team tearing it up and scoring goals, which will take you a long way in the league these days.

They were doing that up until the end of the season to be fair.

In theory he'll get that Spurs team tearing it up and scoring goals, which will take you a long way in the league these days.

Don't disagree. Being an Argie he's probably an arsehole as well, but I firmly believe he can't be a bigger arsehole than Sherwood. Good move Spurs.

He's clearly a talented guy, but more importantly he's got a temperament that will work with Levy. Pochettino will be comfortable with whichever players he's given by the powers that be, as he was at Southampton, and he won't say anything crazy in the media, and he won't fight the players etc etc.

This ultimately has been the kind of things that have got previous Spurs managers fired more than anything else.

Pochettino will do very well IMO, because Spurs always bring talent in, and as long as you can work with new players brough tin without having to control that side completely, you'll likely do well.

Don't disagree. Being an Argie he's probably an arsehole as well, but I firmly believe he can't be a bigger arsehole than Sherwood. Good move Spurs.

And a far superior manager

I would say all we know at this point is Sherwood took an underachieving, underscoring Spurs squad and had them doing what everyone expected in the first place.

Poch took over a slightly overachieving Southampton team and made them step up another level, the players already there plus some of his own signings.

Not enough to condemn Sherwood other then he's a total bellend but Poch has done more to this point. End of discussion.

I would say all we know at this point is Sherwood took an underachieving, underscoring Spurs squad and had them doing what everyone expected in the first place.

Poch took over a slightly overachieving Southampton team and made them step up another level, the players already there plus some of his own signings.

Not enough to condemn Sherwood other then he's a total bellend but Poch has done more to this point. End of discussion.

:lol: he did manage before the premier league you know. But "end of discussion". So don't know why I bothered myself to reply tbh

Ah yeah I know that, just on about achievements in blight cause that's all Pardew light has to his name.

Didn't Sherwood get two wins out of two against Southampton?... Thought he did ok in the circumstances and the jury is still out on MP... That's the problem these days with judging managers as the turnaround is ridiculous...

:lol: he did manage before the premier league you know. But "end of discussion". So don't know why I bothered myself to reply tbh

Ah yeah I know that, just on about achievements in blight cause that's all Pardew light has to his name.

:thup: got you. I'm highly doubtful Sherwood will go on to achieve anything particular tbh.

I honestly wouldn't like to say, but I'd be surprised if a person that unpalatable was able to get enough players behind him for long enough to succeed.

There's actually more to suggest Sherwood's a good manager than a bad one, but he's not a forrin, so f*** him.

:lol:

I think the biggest problem with Sherwood was his inability to have his players playing well against stronger opposition.

Didn't Sherwood get two wins out of two against Southampton?... Thought he did ok in the circumstances and the jury is still out on MP... That's the problem these days with judging managers as the turnaround is ridiculous...

I think it's a major gamble unless he's given time. Wasn't really under any pressure at Southampton, and it wasn't long ago it went tits up at Espanyol for him. He clearly looks to be a competent coach but I don't think he'll get Spurs in the top four, which it what Levy is after.

I think the biggest problem with Sherwood was his inability to have his players playing well against stronger opposition.

True, but if you're going to try to implement a philosophy of imposing your game on the opposition and not worry about nullifying them, that'll happen, especially in the early days.

True, but if you're going to try to implement a philosophy of imposing your game on the opposition and not worry about nullifying them, that'll happen, especially in the early days.

Oh absolutely, I don't think Sherwood is a terrible manager, I just think he's a bit naive tactically tbh. Think he needs more experience and Spurs isn't the right place for it as they're not nice to their managers. Do think Pochettino is an excellent appointment. He did well in Espanyol and a very good job with Southampton who played above their level.

I liked how Sherwood played that 18 year old in every single game to prove some kind of point despite the fact he never did a single thing in any match at all.

This is the thing, he started Bentaleb ahead of players like Paulinho. At times he started two offensive midfielders centrally and forced one to stay back. He just doesn't really know yet how to get the best out of his players, but at least he wants to attack and if he can take over at a smaller team and learn the traits needed I think he might become a good and mental manager.