The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

Think this is going to turn into a great decision. Really think he has all the tools to succeed at the highest level.

I agree completely. Also has a great temperament, which a Spurs manager really needs.

AVB shouldn't have been sacked.

Why did Sherwood do much better then?

Villas Boas would have got them 6th if he'd been there all season quite easily imo. Got 5th the year before with a record number of points.

Why did Sherwood do much better then?

Villas Boas would have got them 6th if he'd been there all season quite easily imo. Got 5th the year before with a record number of points.

I reckon that Gary Beale or whatever he's called might have played a part in that, Spurs started the season like we ended it. Goals were these mythical creatures that could only be killed by sunlight, silver bullets or wooden stakes.

Yeh Bale played a huge part and was then sold, leaving AvB to attempt to settle in a ton of new players, some signed (apparently) against his will. He was doing more than ok but it was the wallopings they took off Liverpool and City which did the damage. If you're gonna give a manager that much to spend he needs a fair crack of the whip.

He did some odd stuff aye, like freezing out Adebayor, but still rate him and he'd have been fine with Spurs imo.

AVB, for all his tactical talent, doesn't seem to be a people person. Not a good man-manager. Hence the appointment of Sherwood. From one extreme to the other.

He doesn't have tactical talent. Plays the same way in every game. Spurs were boring as fuck and couldn't break down teams

AVB was doing more than OK, this season? You're having a laugh aren't you. Sherwood had to have them showing the 3rd best form in the league for half the season to finish 6th.

You think they would have finished lower than 6th under AVB? I don't.

AVB was doing more than OK, this season? You're having a laugh aren't you. Sherwood had to have them showing the 3rd best form in the league for half the season to finish 6th.

You think they would have finished lower than 6th under AVB? I don't.

They were scoring less than a goal a game. Yeah, I think they'd have finished below Man U and Southampton.

Wouldn't say I am the biggest fan of Pochettino. I think with the players Southampton had last season they should have been a better team than the table and my observations suggest.

Still, Tottenham has the squad to be a top 4 team, we will see if Pochettino is the man to take them there.

Can't even speak English can he?

:lol:

Our manager speaks English, after a fashion, I'd be tempted to argue being a good football manager trumps it. He also managed to get some English players to the world cup who you'd not expect to have been there prior to him turning up at Southampton, so those lads seem OK with it.

Hmm. It's not clear to a casual observer. Every interview I've seen was translated. I'm just skeptical if he can progress spurs. He's obviously an improvement on what we've got . Jesus.

Apparently it's just a tactic he uses when dealing with the media.  Speaks pretty good English the rest of the time.

He spoke English for part of one post match interview last season when he was really angry because the referee had had a shit game. He just sort of slipped into English to slag the ref off and then went back to Spanish once he'd calmed down. You can see that he talks to the players on the pitch in English too

Hmm. It's not clear to a casual observer. Every interview I've seen was translated. I'm just skeptical if he can progress spurs. He's obviously an improvement on what we've got . Jesus.

Apparently it's just a tactic he uses when dealing with the media.  Speaks pretty good English the rest of the time.

Fair enough, didn't know that. I'm probably just jealous to be honest - would have been a good fit here.

He spoke English for part of one post match interview last season when he was really angry because the referee had had a shit game. He just sort of slipped into English to slag the ref off and then went back to Spanish once he'd calmed down. You can see that he talks to the players on the pitch in English too

Like how the doesn't even let the translator finish before answering in English, then switches from English to Spanish mid answer towards the end :lol: suddenly goes from "yes" to "si"

plays better football than the results he gets. They where so much better than us but only had the.... 8-9 more points?

AVB played horrible football. Couldn't manage upwards. Couldn't manage downwards with big ego's. And they got battered a number of times leading me to think he had lost the dressing room.

Levy isn't Pardew so he's not goign to stand for that crap.