The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

3 hours ago, Hovagod said:

Reading their forum, I was surprised to see so many of them hate the stadium. Really hope whatever happens we stick with SJP

I think they love it and are justifiably proud of it; they just think it's been used as an income stream and the club's focus has moved away from the needs of the football team and its fans. In short, Levy & co are more interested in making tonnes of money than winning trophies.

In many ways it has ever been thus at Tottenham. When longstanding manager Keith Burkinshaw left the club over disagreements on the direction the club was taking (the first club to float on the stock market and create a marketing department), he was quoted as saying to a journalist as he marched away from the ground, " There used to be a football club over there." 

Last I’d heard was that we were negotiating with Google. Went on Spurscommunity to see if there were any updates. Two posts in the thread this calendar year, both about Bolton’s stadium :lol:.

Looks like Levy.

13 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Last I’d heard was that we were negotiating with Google. Went on Spurscommunity to see if there were any updates. Two posts in the thread this calendar year, both about Bolton’s stadium :lol:.

Looks like Levy.

yea that's the last i heard,Do you need it or is the ground paid off?

5 hours ago, astraguy said:

yea that's the last i heard,Do you need it or is the ground paid off?

Off the top of my head I think we’re paying the ground off over a million years or something like that :lol: - I haven’t looked at or thought about that stuff for years. It’s like a super-long-term deal with relatively low interest that’s pretty manageable. Don’t think there’s an urgent need to sell the rights, and that’s borne out by the fact that Levy is clearly angling for a shit-ton of money.

On 27/05/2023 at 14:05, Ben said:

Looks like Potter, Rodgers or a foreign for their next manager, Levy needs to get this one right.

I’m not sure what getting it right would look like TBH. Do they want a project, play better football, qualify for the CL next season? It’s a really weird situation they’re in. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m not sure what getting it right would look like TBH. Do they want a project, play better football, qualify for the CL next season? It’s a really weird situation they’re in. 

From the outside looking in, my guess would be a "reset" of sorts, assuming Kane leaves. Which would allow, you'd think, for a long term plan to come into play. Sacrifice CL for a few years to come back stronger. Much easier said than done, mind!

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Probably all of that, however they had that with Poch and Levy fucked it. He really is the common denominator here, even when he tried to step back from the football side and hire a DOF, he brought in a villan that brought in a crackpot one season manager.

On 27/05/2023 at 08:37, Stifler said:

I don’t think they do really, just that with it being used for everything else they use it to say Levy is more concerned about NFL games, concerts, and the proposed go kart track.

You what?

6 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

You what?

Formula 1 has teamed up with Tottenham Hotspur to build a state-of-the-art indoor go-kart track below the Premier League team’s spectacular 60,000-seater stadium.

The venue – which will be built below the stadium’s iconic single-tier South Stand – will be the world’s first in-stadium electric karting facility when it opens in autumn 2023 and will be the longest indoor track in London.

There will be separate tracks for adults and juniors, making the venue a potential future host for national karting championship races, having been accredited by the National Karting Association.

On 27/05/2023 at 21:05, Ben said:

Looks like Potter, Rodgers or a foreign for their next manager, Levy needs to get this one right.

Levy and Get this right doesn’t belong in the same sentence

I doubt that Tottenham offers job to Potter.  But if the they do, Potter should say thanks, but no thanks. Tottenham is different kind of disaster as a club than Chelsea. And another failure with so called big club could damage his managerial reputation for good. Back to smaller club for few years is better option for him.  Chelsea made him a rich man, so he has time to think next move carefully.

• 10 months later...