Wigan Athletic 2 - 1 Newcastle – 26/12/08 - Post-match reaction from page 23

midds

We've had an absolutely shit day today....and we're still 12th.  :crazy2:

Other results have certainly done us a favour today. Be a bit worrying if we get nowt from the Liverpool game, we'll be back down there again.

Butt was shocking today, gave the ball away about 10 times. Duff was no worse than Owen. They both had chances in the area but wasted them. Carroll showed a lot of spirit and character... he showed (apart from many others) passion for Newcastle United. Fair result, we were just shajt today.

We've had an absolutely shit day today....and we're still 12th.  :crazy2:

Other results have certainly done us a favour today. Be a bit worrying if we get nowt from the Liverpool game, we'll be back down there again.

They're top of the League and flying. Anyone expecting a result against them is seriously deluded.

I'd take a point right now.

Mike Dean is a fucking cunt who had one of the worst refereeing games I have ever seen. Even Paedophile Neale Barry was never that fucking shit. I feel robbed, despite how shit we were, I still feel so fucking robbed. Well played Carrol, Zog and Guthrie for the 2nd half. Nicky Butt produced his worst ever league performance for us, Jonas was wank, Duff worse. Bassong collo and taylor were decent. Owen and Viduka were turd, shown up by the big AC.

To some it up, I hope Mike Dean suffers some kind of personal trauma so that he can never referee again.

Guest rebel_yell12

Was Owen injured, or was it tactical when he went off?  With the hectic schedule around this time of year, I was thinking it was tactical -- and Owen wasn't having his best match at any rate (right, I'm putting it mildly, I know) -- to limit any possible injuries to an already battered front-line.  Until I came online and people were talking injury.  The last thing Newcastle needs is even one more player not available. 

heskey was offside for the run for the penalty and sending off ffs

There was so many things wrong with yjat they will have a Hanson wank fest on MOTD, offside, much sooner freekick after the not given offside then Hesky just falls over.

How was Carroll? I see Xisco made the bench so I'm annoyed he didn't get any minutes.

Only just got home.

well done andy carroll did more than viduka and owen put together

This.  He has won quite a few headers and create chaos for Wigan defenders.