Newcastle United vs Liverpool - 28/12/08 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

I hope we come out and kick them all over the place. Seems like you can get away with it so lets give it a go.

Problem is, that tactic isn't allowed against Liverpool.

Remember 3 or 4 years ago when Shearer & co kicked Arsenal off the park? I'd like a repeat of that please chaps. :nods:

Just get into them from the first whistle and twat them.

That was classic actually, Parker was awesome that day. And actually on the day the worst challenge by far was Lehmann on him, couldn't believe that wasn't a red.

I hope we come out and kick them all over the place. Seems like you can get away with it so lets give it a go.

Problem is, that tactic isn't allowed against Liverpool.

Remember 3 or 4 years ago when Shearer & co kicked Arsenal off the park? I'd like a repeat of that please chaps. :nods:

Just get into them from the first whistle and t*** them.

i'd like to see us do that.

We've got nothing to lose, now the predictable injury curse has struck again. If Bassong is suspended (and I think he is), I'd sooner see Duff at LB, rather than Charlie. The latter is like a fish out of water there, and I'd rather him be at AML where he's a threat. Just hope we have a go and that we don't roll over as we did under Allardyce when the scousers came a-callin.

We're knackered. Hopefully we kick Gerrard to fuck anyway.

How I'd love to see someone kick Gerrard's leg to pieces shouting "Let's see you dive now you fucking wanking cock of a footballer, fucking fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck."

We're knackered. Hopefully we kick Gerrard to f*** anyway.

How I'd love to see someone kick Gerrard's leg to pieces shouting "Let's see you dive now you f***ing wanking cock of a footballer, f***ing f*** f*** f*** f*** f***."

then similar on carragher. if we're getting some spite out the way.

How I'd love to see someone kick Gerrard's leg to pieces shouting "Let's see you dive now you f***ing wanking cock of a footballer, f***ing f*** f*** f*** f*** f***."

Good idea, I wonder if they could use this week and Nicky Butt in Place of Gerrard to practice that move?

Interesting to reflect on how the two teams have gone in different directions since we beat them with Robert's goal in New Year's Day several years ago...we were a side chasing CL qualification and they were rivals for the spot......

There are Light-Years between the 2 clubs now - they are just as superior to us as they were in the 80s, and that is saying something seeing as we were ahead of them in the mid-90s for the first time in years.

Cannot see us closing the gap any time soon unless they implode financially ; they are better managed, have a better Board(yes, even with that clown Parry involved), and have a squad that hardly any of our players would get into.

The injuries picked up at Wigan mean that it will be a virtual miracle if we get 3 points from this match, and even one would be a huge cause for celebration.

At one time, we were the club most like them in terms of similarity of cities, fans, etc., but now we are of no more importance in terms how of they view us than, say , Bolton.

You can NEVER rule anything out in Football, but this is about as certain a home defeat as you could expect

and I will be amazed if the result is anything better than a 0-2 loss ; they are after a first title for years, are getting results and are well-motivated....lets hope they have an off-day......

Guest firetotheworks

Interesting to reflect on how the two teams have gone in different directions since we beat them with Robert's goal in New Year's Day several years ago...we were a side chasing CL qualification and they were rivals for the spot......

There are Light-Years between the 2 clubs now - they are just as superior to us as they were in the 80s, and that is saying something seeing as we were ahead of them in the mid-90s for the first time in years.

Cannot see us closing the gap any time soon unless they implode financially ; they are better managed, have a better Board(yes, even with that clown Parry involved), and have a squad that hardly any of our players would get into.

The injuries picked up at Wigan mean that it will be a virtual miracle if we get 3 points from this match, and even one would be a huge cause for celebration.

At one time, we were the club most like them in terms of similarity of cities, fans, etc., but now we are of no more importance in terms how of they view us than, say , Bolton.

You can NEVER rule anything out in Football, but this is about as certain a home defeat as you could expect

and I will be amazed if the result is anything better than a 0-2 loss ; they are after a first title for years, are getting results and are well-motivated....lets hope they have an off-day......

Wouldnt say they view us as the same as Bolton. Theyll be viewing it as a game theyll want to win, but any team going for the title will think that when against any team. They probably see us as more of a Spurs type game. I never got the whole comparison with Liverpool thing either, in fact it annoyed me a bit. It was like people were trying to put us in a good light by associating us with them when we should be our own team with our own proud traditions, instead of trying to putting them into context with another team that over the years has done considerably better than us. The people who did that reminded me of the social vultures hanging around with the cool kid at school so they could tell their friends they hang out together, even though the cool kid constantly bullies them. Fucking pathetic in other words.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Given

Geremi Taylor Colo Zog

Jonas Butt Guthrie Duff

Carrol Owen

is what it will be unless shola and ameobi are fit, thus replacing carrol

Guest LucasUnger

Given

Geremi Taylor Colo Zog

Jonas Butt Guthrie Duff

Carrol Owen

is what it will be unless shola and ameobi are fit, thus replacing carrol

shola and ameobi??

Might have to build a wall in front of the goal :(

As long as the germans dont built it we should be ok

:lol:

We could get Pink Floyd to come on the pitch though and sing a rendition of The Wall as it gets knocked down.

Guest north shields lad

They are due a bad result, they carnt keep being lucky every match. Likewise we are due some luck, and a good result.

Besides would the following players get in our team

Reina - 50/50 with Given

That Insua defender - never heard of him until 2 weeks ago.

Lucas - No, no one rates him

Keane - not in front of martins and owen no.

Benayoun - Useless.

Rieria - was crap at man city, no better for the scousers

Kuyt - wouldnt get near our first 11

That leaves the diver, Alonso, that masherno who wasnt good enough for west ham, agger, and carragher.

Take the diver and torres (who is injured and over rated) out of there team, and there isnt much diffrence between us and them

2-1 to us ill go for.