West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think that it would be perfect if Carroll got some weight on him. Either fat (Viduka type of striker) or muscles but he needs more weight to hold of strong defenders and to hold up the ball better. At the moment he is tall but he can't use his body really effective though.

I think that it would be perfect if Carroll got some weight on him. Either fat (Viduka type of striker) or muscles but he needs more weight to hold of strong defenders and to hold up the ball better. At the moment he is tall but he can't use his body really effective though.

Hopefully that will come, he's still pretty young. I would recommend muscles rather than fat!

Be interesting to see what becomes of Andy Carroll. He is significantly better than the kids we have brought through the academy of late and nowhere near as bad as some would have us believe. Far from top class at present but he does have ability. I do think he will make a career of it in the top league though. Very much doubt it will be at the top of that league but there is enough there to nurture. Hard to tell with kids though. Some people just like to hope they will be become top class - the number of people calling themselves Taylor on here at one point exemplifies that. Think Taylor and Carroll are roughly the same level at the same age really. Nothing special but decent squad players.

No surprise to see the AC being linked with England by the Chrons chief sports writer Carrolls chief cheerleader on the day he got charged.  If he is found guilty expect the back page that day to have the headline: "Barca Want Geordie Boy AC".

The days after the original incident in Blu Bambu I had noticed a trend of stories coming out of  newspapers that operate from Thomson House:

It is f***ing terrible the stuff that is flying out of Thommo House regarding AC:

Saturday: Lee Ryder mentions it has been a "tough week" for Carroll & mentions Stoke City were after him for £6 million. Not as tough as the victims ye knacker

Sunday: Two rags that bolt out of Thomson House have some AC transfer stories: The Sunday Mirror: Chelsea checked him out V Watford.The Sunday Sun: Wolves are after him along with Stoke & WHU

Monday: Match reports

Tuesday: Lee Ryder interviews Bob Moncur. The opening paragraph:

BOB MONCUR feels that Andy Carroll can STILL achieve his dream of becoming an iconic No 9 with Newcastle United - providing he can resist the lures of the infamous goldfish bowl in Toon.
Lets hope it is one of those plastic goldfish bowls ay.

Wed: Lee Ryder speaks to a "A close pal of Carroll". Did Lee ask himself some questions? Article has

There is no reason to sell him
just f*** off man.

Thur: MORE PR/ARSELICKING OF AC

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chris1210

I know he scored last night, but the lad doesn't do enough for me. Spends far too much time on his backside, has an often terrible first touch, flicks on headers with little or no direction, and is strangely anonymous from play for huge chunks of the game.

Where I think Lovenkrands offers us a lot in terms of movement and effort, I struggle to see what Carroll offers us, particularly outside this league.

I know he scored last night, but the lad doesn't do enough for me. Spends far too much time on his backside, has an often terrible first touch, flicks on headers with little or no direction, and is strangely anonymous from play for huge chunks of the game.

Where I think Lovenkrands offers us a lot in terms of movement and effort, I struggle to see what Carroll offers us, particularly outside this league.

Well it's a good thing we're in this league then isn't it :)

Carroll will be the first striker on the team sheet for me all the while he's scoring. I actually quite rate him. He's young and given time and patience he can hopefully iron out his raw aspects. There aren't many players his age that play the type of role he does, much less do it well.

Agree with all of that, but he's scoring goals so he's doing something right. His team play is fairly crap but at least he's got the knack of getting in the right position to put them in. It will do for now, but he might be another one who is more effective at home.

I remember the exact same article from the Chronicle about Sven being interested in Ramage.

Surely not ?

Ramage never EVER looked anything but what he was.

I still think he's incredibly frustrating as a player, but at the moment he's scoring and is worth his place in the team. The nice thing is that he seems to be improving his chance conversion rate - I don't recall him missing any 'sitters' since Doncaster (h). The Coventry and Swansea games in particular he had just the one "good" chance and scored it.

I still think he's incredibly frustrating as a player, but at the moment he's scoring and is worth his place in the team. The nice thing is that he seems to be improving his chance conversion rate - I don't recall him missing any 'sitters' since Doncaster (h). The Coventry and Swansea games in particular he had just the one "good" chance and scored it.

Last night he had another great chance (20 minutes or so after his goal) and headed it wide.

He missed a sitter at the end of the Coventry game didnt he?

Ah well, fair enough. I wasn't there, was just going on the radio (for Coventry, at least). There just seems to be less times when Carroll misses an easy chance, he's gradually becoming more and more clinical.

Well I think you all should cut the guy some slack. He’s the greatest threat we have at the minute. He’s dominated most centrebacks he’s faced this year, he’s really good in the air, has a good left peg (let’s not mention his right), for his age leads the line well (when he’s not left too isolated), he’s a Geordie (a plus) and he scares the shit out of most of the defenders he faces. He’s not perfect, far from it but he’s a hell of a weapon in this division, give him a year or two, watch him grow.

Of course, he has to learn to screw his head on ……. That goes without saying