West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'll never understand the stick and criticism Carroll gets as a player for his age and with the contribution he's gave up this season. Impressive first full season imo. He's not a world beater but he can improve and he's certainly got time on his side to go on and become a good Premiership striker.

He's only recently had a run of form, for the first and most part of the season he's been s***, as well as in his previous first team performances. IfWhen his form runs out he'll once again be useless.

Nonsense.

I know it would be expensive, but you really need to get to more games.

IMO his all round game has looked very poor in a lot of the games this season. However, he's very young and has all of the physical attributes to become a good centre forward.

Good to see him picking up goals and improving his confidence. Better service seems to be coming in now as well, he has a greater number of better chances for headers etc.

I'm not 100% convinced he's going to make it long term, but I fully hope he does. I'd be tempted to just stick with him as first choice next season and cross my fingers that he carries on his form.

man there's some clueless fuckers in here.. The lad comes from our pathetic academy, has had a great first season so far, plenty of goals and assists. He's rated by the England youth setup but nooo he's not good enough.. what do you expect man.. the new Gazza? Leo Messi?

Guest bobthemag

I really think this lad will go a long way. He is the raw article at present but he frightens the s*** out of defenders and think, if coached properly, he will be an England international in a couple of years. By that time, he may not be playing for us though but the lad clearly has rough edges that once shaved off, will be an excellent target man that players like Rooney and Defoe would work off.

Give him time. I think he will prove top be invaluable asset to uis, if he stays.

we will need a good manager to buy good players to make him stay but the days of spending wild money are over, thankfully.

Guest icemanblue

man there's some clueless fuckers in here.. The lad comes from our pathetic academy, has had a great first season so far, plenty of goals and assists. He's rated by the England youth setup but nooo he's not good enough.. what do you expect man.. the new Gazza? Leo Messi?

For the record, I like him. But this has just reminded of me of something I saw in a programme a while back. There was an interview where some kid gave his favourite player and he said, 'Andy Carroll because he reminds me of a young Paul Gascoigne'. Had practically our whole row creased.

I think he's a bad footballer who's very good with his head, basically. He's proved himself to be worthy of a place in the squad, but shouldn't start, certainly not in the premier league.

I'd agree with that apart from the bad footballer bit.. Carroll lacks composure but as most left footed players has a good shot on him. He's slow but his role in the team doesn't require much pace.

Ideally he shouldn't start every game because he's young and he has still a lot to prove but I would rather see him than a disgraceful football fraud like Ameobi. And it's evident we don't have the resources to attract a much better striker..

I think he's a bad footballer who's very good with his head, basically. He's proved himself to be worthy of a place in the squad, but shouldn't start, certainly not in the premier league.

I wouldn't say he's a bad footballer. There's been several occassions this season where he's pulled off a bit of control, or played a pass (or cross, in Saturday's case) which has made you think - he's actually got really decent technique. But he really does go from the sublime to the ridiculous on a far too regular basis. I agree with everyone saying he needs a top coach or a top club if he's ever going to become a better striker - but i can't see him ever being anything more than alright. Every bit of ability he's got can be finetuned and improved, but when you think about it, we're the best team in a shite league and he's still only got about four goals with his feet.

IMO his all round game has looked very poor in a lot of the games this season. However, he's very young and has all of the physical attributes to become a good centre forward.

Good to see him picking up goals and improving his confidence. Better service seems to be coming in now as well, he has a greater number of better chances for headers etc.

I'm not 100% convinced he's going to make it long term, but I fully hope he does. I'd be tempted to just stick with him as first choice next season and cross my fingers that he carries on his form.

I'd agree with this for the most part, he plays like a horse with blinders on sometimes so I'm not convinced he'll make a top striker, but he's got a great leap and attacks the crosses well with his head and that's a genuine talent in itself.

I wouldn't say he's a bad footballer. There's been several occassions this season where he's pulled off a bit of control, or played a pass (or cross, in Saturday's case) which has made you think - he's actually got really decent technique. But he really does go from the sublime to the ridiculous on a far too regular basis. I agree with everyone saying he needs a top coach or a top club if he's ever going to become a better striker - but i can't see him ever being anything more than alright. Every bit of ability he's got can be finetuned and improved, but when you think about it, we're the best team in a shite league and he's still only got about four goals with his feet.

He's got a 50pence head. You don't know where it's going to go.

Can't fault him for his ability to get on the end of things. Needs to work on holing up the ball and looking where loven is before heading. He should look at ranger and how he brings people into the game. Could also do with bulking up a bit, goes down very easy.

Can't fault him for his ability to get on the end of things. Needs to work on holing up the ball and looking where loven is before heading. He should look at ranger and how he brings people into the game. Could also do with bulking up a bit, goes down very easy.

Ranger only looks good bringing people into the game because he plays the easiest ball every single time. He's fairly decent at it, no better.

His flick ons are terrible. Time after time we've lined up with Carroll and Lovenkrands with the aim of knocking it to Carroll with Lovenkrands on the shoulder and not on one single ocassion has it clicked.

His flick ons are terrible. Time after time we've lined up with Carroll and Lovenkrands with the aim of knocking it to Carroll with Lovenkrands on the shoulder and not on one single ocassion has it clicked.

the last 4 or 5 home games we haven't done that and we look like scoring freely each game.

it's always been a bug bear of mine when people go on about the little large plan upfront as i can only really remember it working well for quinn/philips in that way.

Ranger only looks good bringing people into the game because he plays the easiest ball every single time. He's fairly decent at it, no better.

Even so, that's what you should do if you give the ball away otherwise.

Get Xisco back.

Assuming he comes back and is a full member of our squad - what sort of role do you reckon Xisco would have, Ronaldo? Not a smarmy question or owt; only i'm guessing you'll have kept some sort of eye on him. I appreciate the question's fairly hypothetical as he's bound to stay in Spain one way or another - but say if he didn't. Would he be any good?

He's done well enough.

Worry is next year really, there are only three and a half players who I'm certain are good enough to regularly start for a team surviving in the Premier League.

Colo, Enrique, and Taylor

and then Jonas if there are enough other good players in the team to mask his clear weaknesses