West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He'd get so immensely owned in the Premiership. I've gone from one end of the spectrum to the other with Carroll, but tbh he's a decent Championship target man. Nothing more - certainly not yet, anyway. He's got so far to go.

McCaroll

SCOTLAND manager Craig Levein remains committed to persuading Newcastle United striker Andy Carroll that his international future lies north of the Border, writes Andrew Smith. The Gateshead-born 21-year-old, who qualifies for Scotland through a Scottish grandmother, has become a fixture with England Under-21s and has stated his desire to graduate to Fabio Capello's full side.

Chief scout Michael Oliver is creating a database of all players eligible to play for Scotland. And it is he who could hold the key to Carroll.

"Michael had a brief chat with Andy and we know he is involved in the England Under-21 set-up at the minute," Levein said. "We won't give up on that, though, we will pursue it."

He'd be stupid not go for it, a chance to play at a major international tournamen ....oh wait, best stick with England Andy.

Nah in all seriousness he might aswell go for it, he's not going to ever get in the England squad and he's better than Iwelumo.

He'd be stupid not go for it, a chance to play at a major international tournamen ....oh wait, best stick with England Andy.

Nah in all seriousness he might aswell go for it, he's not going to ever get in the England squad and he's better than Iwelumo.

Sure people said Milner would never be a full international

I'll never understand the stick and criticism Carroll gets as a player for his age and with the contribution he's gave up this season. Impressive first full season imo. He's not a world beater but he can improve and he's certainly got time on his side to go on and become a good Premiership striker.

I'll never understand the stick and criticism Carroll gets as a player for his age and with the contribution he's gave up this season. Impressive first full season imo. He's not a world beater but he can improve and he's certainly got time on his side to go on and become a good Premiership striker.

He's only recently had a run of form, for the first and most part of the season he's been shit, as well as in his previous first team performances. IfWhen his form runs out he'll once again be useless.

He's only recently had a run of form, for the first and most part of the season he's been shit, as well as in his previous first team performances. IfWhen his form runs out he'll once again be useless.

He actually looked good at the start of the season imo but he did lose form and he had a poor patch. He will lose form again, its all about finding consistency and learning. You can't expect him to come into his first full season and be consistent and bang in 25 goals. He's never played more than a handful of games before, never mind be one of our main strikers. I have no problems at all with him being one of our main 4 strikers next season as long as he's not starting and we sign a couple of good Premiership strikers (highly unlikely).

I'm not the biggest fan but he is still only 19 to give him his due and has been very impressive lately.

Isn't he 21?

I agree that he has improved a lot throughout this season, though. I remember watching him when you played Sheffield (the shit one, I don't remember if that's United or Wed since I always mix up both Sheffield teams) and he was completely lost on the pitch. But lately he looks much more assured. Might just be confidence, but he needed to improve and he has done so.

I really think this lad will go a long way. He is the raw article at present but he frightens the shit out of defenders and think, if coached properly, he will be an England international in a couple of years. By that time, he may not be playing for us though but the lad clearly has rough edges that once shaved off, will be an excellent target man that players like Rooney and Defoe would work off.

Give him time. I think he will prove top be invaluable asset to uis, if he stays.

Think he will be a good option on the bench for us over the next few seasons

He doesn't strike me as the type who would sit on the bench for a few seasons, though. I can see him getting above his station and demanding a move if he's whacked on the bench all next season.

What was crouch doing at 21 years old? (Serious question).

Don't know at 21, but 10 years ago (think he's 29 now, so at 19), he was with Swedish second division club Hässleholm.

Carroll will be attracting alot of interest from other clubs. Less, now that it looks like we are going up though.

He potentially top quality. He could do with a top coach, who can teach him how to use his aerial threat to benefit the team in more ways than goals. In this league he's scoring, but if he doesn't score in the prem the walls will fall down on his Newcastle career.

I'd like to see him flick the ball on better and be a more composed target man, who can bring other into play, both of which can be coached.

He is the type of player that other clubs would get the most out of, we need to start doing the same.