West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seriously the law is a joke in this country though.

Happy he'll be able to play, but really this doesn't set much of a precedent does it?

I don't know, I'm not party to the full facts of the case. :thup:

Happy he'll be able to play, but really this doesn't set much of a precedent does it?

True, but he's hardly got a cleaner than clean past. I'd say it was pretty likely that he did actually glass somebody, with intent.

True, but he's hardly got a cleaner than clean past. I'd say it was pretty likely that he did actually glass somebody, with intent.

You might want to edit that , and slip in an "alledgedly" otherwise you might find you're the next one before the beak

You simply can't take that into account when passing a verdict though, you have to look at the case on an individual basis and simply at the evidence available.  You can't base it on "Well he's a dodgy bloke so he probably did it" or "Well, you're a nice lad so we'll ignore that bit of evidence and assume you're innocent."

You simply can't take that into account when passing a verdict though, you have to look at the case on an individual basis and simply at the evidence available.  You can't base it on "Well he's a dodgy bloke so he probably did it" or "Well, you're a nice lad so we'll ignore that bit of evidence and assume you're innocent."

Aye anar, and me pre-judging him like that is wrong.

It just doesn't sit easy with me that he could be potentially laughing off a small fine for a pretty serious incident. (again, if it did actually happen).

Is it only civil cases where you can use previous convictions to tar someone's character? Has to be relevant of course

Is it only civil cases where you can use previous convictions to tar someone's character? Has to be relevant of course

This is what the latest law says, I'm not sure I can understand it. Seems the rules about introducing evidence of bad character have been relaxed quite a lot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_Justice_Act_2003#Bad_character

Whether or not it would affect sentencing I don't know. Obviously that's the most important thing when someone pleads guilty, as in this case.

Guest neesy111

If he scores the winner on sunday, Pennywell could quite easily explode

It doesn't take much at the best of times tbf.

I'm looking forward to seeing the trouble down Washington tbf.

It's not about whether he did it or not. It depends entirely on the evidence and case presented by the prosecution, the strength of the defence's case and the application of the law to the facts as doen by a masgistrate but advised by a clerk, and thus whether the prosecution proved the case beyond reasonable doubt. A magistrates' court can only give a maximum 6 months imprisonment and (I think) £5,000 grand fine, so the fact it was there in the first place meant it was never likely to be taken seriously. Don't know the details but so likely he was found guilty to be fined but not overwhelmingly so.

They where at the Old Firm together yesterday.. does Carroll always wear the same hoody, swear he's had it on in every photo of him this week.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/PA-Photos_t_Celtic-Rangers-SPL-Old-Firm-derby-photos-2510c.jpg