West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Heneage

I like how a senior Premier League fitness coach calls someone amateurish...via his twitter.

Also did Capello really say 'Garry Barry'? :lol:

Guest Ridzuan

If Carroll is who he says he is, someone who has always dream of playing for the club in the no.9 shirt, then we should not worry about him switching clubs. He will probably do something like what Shearer did, turning down a big club (if that offer came of course) instead choosing to play for us.

If Carroll is who he says he is, someone who has always dream of playing for the club in the no.9 shirt, then we should not worry about him switching clubs. He will probably do something like what Shearer did, turning down a big club (if that offer came of course) instead choosing to play for us.

Would depend on if we do reasonable well. Don't think he'd stay forever if we kept fighting relegation season after season.

it took Crouch to come on and show the useless fucker how to do it, or am I living in a parallel universe ??? that pikey twat will never make an England player, watch and be amazed with common sense

bitter mackem bastard. that cross in to crouch was the only decent cross all match.

i thought carroll along with gerrard were probably england's best players last night, they seemed to be the only two willing to try and create anything. carroll tracked back well, won almost everything in the air, held the ball up well, managed some good flick ons and lay offs too.

i thought henderson was ok too, nowt spectacular but he was ok. gareth barry didn't impress me too much mind

Something seemed to click for him at Old Trafford in August. He was scoring goals before that, but was looking generally poor on the deck. He's looked absolutely sensational for the most part since that game.

Can you give some credit to CH and CC.

:lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Couldnt bring myself to watch it fully expecting him to get crippled but espn soccernet score app on my phone said he had a very good game compared to the 'completely anonymous Henderson'  ;D

I love how on SSN they were asking some of the players how they felt Carroll did in his debut...Crouch, A.Young...and then Henderson. :lol:

His big moment in front of the cameras after his England debut, "How do you think Carroll played". :lol: :lol:

To be fair to SSN, I'm still not quite sure that Henderson made his debut yesterday.

Guest johnson293

Ha ha... it's all too much for them that Carroll has gotten decent enough reviews for his performance, and Henderson hasn't.

Henderson's only meaningful contribution was to get booked!

However, it doesn't matter what Carroll did last night, the idiot majority on RTG woudl still have been slating him.

clockstand pie chuka: saddest, bitterest man in the world?

f*** me :lol: Theres bitterness, and then there's clockstand pie chuka :lol:

On further inspection of that thread, best bit has to be 'He bullied Turner but not Bramble'.....who got sent off cause he got burned by Carroll and had to chop him down?

I love how on SSN they were asking some of the players how they felt Carroll did in his debut...Crouch, A.Young...and then Henderson. :lol:

His big moment in front of the cameras after his England debut, "How do you think Carroll played". :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Ahh man, I wish I'd seen that.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/11/18/chris-hopeful-on-hit-men-will-be-fit-for-bolton-72703-27673137/?

Chris hopeful on hit men will be fit for Bolton

Nov 18 2010 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

CHRIS HUGHTON is confident that Andy Carroll will be fit for Saturday’s trip to Bolton Wanderers.

And he will leave his decision to the last possible minute before deciding if Shola Ameobi has shaken off his hamstring injury sufficiently to face the Trotters.

Nile Ranger and Peter Lovenkrands are both on standby to feature at the Reebok if there is even the slightest of concerns.

Hughton told the Chornicle today: “We’ll assess Andy today and it looks like he got through OK.

“We’re aware of the problem he had.

“Hopefully he is available for the weekend.

“There was concern.

“When we assessed Andy on Sunday, it looked like he would miss the game.

“He made a good recovery over two or three days.

“But when we assessed him after Saturday’s injury at that stage it looked like he wouldn’t be able to play.

“We sent him down to England and over the two or three days there was enough of a recovery to play.”

United ended up in a public tug of war with the FA over Carroll’s services this week. And Hughton added: “There was concern, that is true. The unfortunate bit for us was it made the papers.

“The lines of communication between us and the FA were correct, but it got out.

“Both parties are very happy with how we conducted ourselves.

“I’m delighted for him to make his debut – it was special night for him.

“It was hard for Andy. He didn’t get the opportunities and service, but he did very, very well.

“He worked hard and kept possession and he should be happy.”

Asked if he had been nervous during the England game, Hughton says: “I think you are nervous.

“Ours was a genuine one to be nervous about.

“You send players away with a clean bill of health and there are no problems, but it wasn’t the case for Andy.”

And reflecting on Shola Ameobi’s fitness, Hughton said: “We’re still assessing Shola and he will be touch and go.

“We haven’t ruled him out yet.”

Fabio Capello insisted last night that England had cleared it with Newcastle to play Carroll.

“Franco (Baldini, England general manager) spoke with Newcastle before the game and we checked him before the game,” said Capello.

“I spoke with him (Carroll) at the hotel, personally, and after the warm-up here. After the first half, too. He told me he was fit to play every time.

“No player has ever played with me who was not fit. Our doctor said he was fit, so the player was ready to play. He played 70 minutes very well, no problem.”

Capello said he was pleased with Carroll’s debut. “Andy because he played very well. He’ll be a player who’ll be important for the future of England.

“When he received the ball he played quickly and his movement every time was dangerous.”

:thup:

Fuck me some of the plebs on rtg really are fucking thick as mince.

Using the fact that crouch scored when he came on to attempt to prove carroll is crap.....i mean fucking hell wooden headed argument or what.

Nowt to do with the fact the midfield were given the run about then. :idiot2: