West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=850986&sec=england&cc=5739

Carroll set for Newcastle stay

December 9, 2010

By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

Andy Carroll has pledged his future to Newcastle United amid speculation he will move on in the January transfer window.

Chelsea, Manchester City and Tottenham have all been linked with a move for Carroll, who made his England debut against France last month, and he is known to have been close to Chris Hughton. However, a source close to the player told ESPNsoccernet moments after the appointment of Alan Pardew that Carroll wants to stay at St James's Park.

"Andy is not going anywhere, especially in the January transfer window, for a number of reasons," the source said. "He loves Newcastle, he loves the fans, he loves the ground. He is a Geordie who loves the club and who sees his entire career playing for Newcastle.

"Of course, circumstances change, and if big clubs offer big money, who knows what will happen, but a club made an enquiry and the club told them that he will not be sold in January under any circumstances.

"In the summer, it will be assessed again, but the club made it clear that a lot will depend on the lad himself, and that is how it should be.

"If it's Andy's decision, I could see him staying. He is very laidback, nothing like the character he is portrayed - he is not leading any rebellion over the sacking of Chris Hughton, as it has been suggested. That isn't Andy Carroll. Of course he liked Chris, all the players did, but he is not leading any revolt.

"He is a sensible lad, and he knows that if he joined a big club like Chelsea or Manchester City, he might end up playing one in three games, and right now that is not right for his development."

Carroll signed a new five-year contract in the summer on modest wages, before his starring performances in the Premier League saw his value skyrocket.

Andy is not going anywhere, especially in the January transfer window, for a number of reasons," the source said. "He loves Newcastle, he loves the fans, he loves the ground. He is a Geordie who loves the club and who sees his entire career playing for Newcastle.

"Of course, circumstances change, and if big clubs offer big money, who knows what will happen, but a club made an enquiry and the club told them that he will not be sold in January under any circumstances.

In the summer, it will be assessed again, but the club made it clear that a lot will depend on the lad himself, and that is how it should be.

Bye Bye andy

He wants to stay, honestly if i was to advice any of our players i'll tell them to move from here asap, its the only way they can go have a succesfull career instead of being part of this joke.

This.

He wants to stay, honestly if i was to advice any of our players i'll tell them to move from here asap, its the only way they can go have a succesfull career instead of being part of this joke.

Do you support the club or the players? ???

Ray of light for Andy - Dean Ashton didn't have half of Carroll's natural abilities and he was the focal point of Pardew's attacking team, looking an England-regular (worthy) player in the process.

Ray of light for Andy - Dean Ashton didn't have half of Carroll's natural abilities and he was the focal point of Pardew's attacking team, looking an England-regular (worthy) player in the process.

:dowie:

Dowie indeed. Dean Ashton was better than Carroll is now tbh.

Ashton was a class player, very intelligent but was he anywhere near as quick? Was he anywere near as fit? Was he anywhere near as tall?

:thup: Dowie, indeed.

Ashton was one of the brightest striking talents in a generation as far as I'm concerned. Inevitable he earned praise having gone through a spell of fitness, no managerial achievement there. Just a shame he was genuinely made of glass.

Incidentally, I support the club, and good servants of our club past and present. As it is, our club has been hijacked - our club isn't going to be a winner in the forseeable future, it's been put into a deep sleep by hostile actors, so I wish those who've previously done it a good turn well in their future careers wherever that means they have to go.

Ashton was one of the brightest striking talents in a generation as far as I'm concerned.

Hasn't been anyone like him in England for years before or after until Carroll.

Ashton was massively overrated.

Not for me, if anything he was underated for far longer than he should have. Though he was a great all round and intelligent striker.

There's no such thing as an underrated English player who shows a bit of form. Even with Carroll it's over the top already.

Guest Stephen927

Pardew said that they wont be selling carroll thats a relief :D

August 16th, 2008. Keegan denied the club would be selling James Milner.

August 29th, 2008. James Milner is sold to Villa for £12m.

What will the reaction be when this lad is sold?

Would he dare refuse to be sold and publicaly come out and say so? Or would he just think "fuckin Ashley" and leave, which i wouldnt blame him for.

He'll be called a Judas cunt like Given was.

James milner wasn't a main stay of squad at the time unlike carroll who is the first person on the team sheet

Guest Ridzuan

James Milner isnt a Geordie. Andy Carroll is.