West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Only injuries prevented Ashton from becoming a very good player, imo. And that's what he could have been.... a very good player. That same goes for Carroll, although I would say he can still go a bit further. But don't think Ashton is half the player Carroll is. Sorry, but Ashton wasn't that bad and Carroll isn't THAT good.

I honestly believe that he would be completely justified in leaving this shit cloud.

And conversely, if he sticks it out, he deserves massive fucking respect.  Even if Ashley's not already phoning round clubs, all Carroll has to do is make noises about not being happy and he could easily set in motion the chain of events that would end up with him at a top club.

James milner was a winger who couldn't cross for shit. People forget that he'd stagnated for about 18 months before we sold him. £12mil at that time seemed silly money.

Totally diferent scenario to carroll.

What will the reaction be when this lad is sold?

Would he dare refuse to be sold and publicaly come out and say so? Or would he just think "fuckin Ashley" and leave, which i wouldnt blame him for.

He'll be called a Judas cunt like Given was.

Not sure he would. Whether he would be one would depend on the circumstances, but I reckon plenty would be sympathetic if he didn't do it in the wrong way.

Guest MrSundlofer

Carroll to Arsenal is pretty ridiculous.

I think that as well but the source is the brother of an NUFC first team player who was well clued up re Pardew and Hughton prior to the event on monday morning.

What do you mean?

I have heard from a first team player that the team trained as usual on Monday morning with Hughton in charge and when they all returned home they heard through the media that Hughton had been sacked. No-one from the board contacted the players during that monday.

Carroll to Arsenal is pretty ridiculous.

I think that as well but the source is the brother of an NUFC first team player who was well clued up re Pardew and Hughton prior to the event on monday morning.

What do you mean?

I have heard from a first team player that the team trained as usual on Monday morning with Hughton in charge and when they all returned home they heard through the media that Hughton had been sacked. No-one from the board contacted the players during that monday.

I have heard otherwise.

I heard he's off to Bolton. They'll ease him into the team ready for when Davies retires (he's retiring next season). My source has never lied before, no reason not to believe him.

You nailed every step.

1. Name reasonably believable team.

2. Give believable backstory.

3. Use the term 'mate' or 'source' depending on required ambiguity level.

4. Explain why the source is reliable, but cover grounds when it inevitably turns out to be bollocks.

http://www.cmc.iit.edu/webresources/images/certified.gif

Certified ITK  :thup:

I heard he's off to Bolton. They'll ease him into the team ready for when Davies retires (he's retiring next season). My source has never lied before, no reason not to believe him.

You nailed every step.

1. Name reasonably believable team.

2. Give believable backstory.

3. Use the term 'mate' or 'source' depending on required ambiguity level.

4. Explain why the source is reliable, but cover grounds when it inevitably turns out to be bollocks.

http://www.cmc.iit.edu/webresources/images/certified.gif

Certified ITK  :thup:

:lol: