West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest TrueToon

BBC saying that Carroll is keen to join Liverpool.Yet when interviewed by Chronicle last night he said he was sick of being asked and that he wanted to stay at NUFC..Its rubbish..

Guest Loven11

Unconfirmed reports that Andy is making his way to Liverpool but nothing coming from Newcastle.

Well respected source, blah blah blah. Please fuck off.

What do we actually know at this point?

1. Liverpool have made an improved bid (thought to be 35m) for Andy Carroll.

2. Andy Carroll wants to stay at Newcastle.

Everything else is speculation.  He may go, he may not.  But nothing is done.

If Carroll leaves today, and we don't have a world class replacement, I'm done with this club under Mike Ashley for good.  Simple as.  Can't take it anymore.

Wondered when this would start.

Don't agree with it, but can understand why they'd accept £35m. You'll struggle to find many chairmen that wouldn't.

:mackems: @ CMcQ

Why support a club with no ambition, one which sells its own players and treats its fans and managers like s***?

And why laugh at me for pointing out that that is difficult?

He thinks he is above anyone else with his views tbh.

Poor, at best, Michael. Chris, at the end of the day, you'll be back - you said the same thing (almost verbatim) when Hughton was sacked. It came across as though you were of the impression that the majority of the NUFC supporters were also incensed by the decision and you started the "official protest" bandwagon...when people had a chance to think it over and they realised that perhaps this wasn't the falling of the sky, they soon got back into the normal swing of things (i.e. going to matches). It'll be the same with Carroll, even if he is sold - no one player is bigger than the club, so long as we have 11 players out there who are putting their all in for the black and white shirt, people will still care about the club.

At the end of the day, Stu, we as fans deserve better than the way Ashley has treated us.

I have attended one home match since Hughton's sacking.  The protest was a success, in my opinion.  We got our opinions out there, and we made them clear.  Yes, Ashley's still here. 

The tragedy in all of this is not that Carroll is sold.  It's not that Hughton was sacked.  It's that our owner is disconnected from the fan base, and there's not one thing we can do to change that. 

We're all being shafted.  I guess people just react to it differently.  And you're right, I will be back because I love this club.  But that's not a justification for anything that's done, nor does it negate in anyway how wrong that is.

As football fans as a whole, with increased ticket pricing and more and more red-tape; yes, you're quite right. Specifically as Newcastle fans? Don't be daft. With the exception of Arsenal, there's no team in the Premiership that I would swap positions with and have no reservations. Even the successes of Man Utd and Cheslea have had their not-so-neurotic supporters reaching for the valium over recent financial and managerial troubles.

We've got plenty of faults of our own, but that's part of the charm and the appeal - which makes those victories all the sweeter.

Selling Carroll is all doom and gloom, the club will still go on. Less hostile than the Keegan fiasco? Maybe.

Guest north shields lad

HANG ON.......Reports saying Torres is going for 48 million plus Anelka, why the fuck would they sign Suarez, Anelka, and Carroll, when they have Ngog and Kuyt as back up.

I dont think he is going anywhere.